• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    Remember Monica of Monday, Tuscany of Tuesday, Wesley of Wednesday, Arthur of Thursday, Frieda of Friday, Santos of Saturday, and Sunny of Sunday?

These were the day specific events in the original GSC:

Daily Events

Monday
    Monica of Monday - Monica will give you the item "Sharp Beak", only one in the entire game. She appears on Route 40.
    S.S. Aqua - Travels from Vermillion City to Olivine City.
    Bug Catching Tournament at Goldenrod City - Does not take place this day.
    Radio - Pokemon March, raises chances of encountering random Pokemon when played.
    Herb Shop at Goldenrod City's Underground - Not open this day.
    Haircut Brothers at Goldenrod City's Underground - Not open this day.
    Rival at Indigo Plateau - Rival available for battle.
    Other - Bring Pokemon with Strength to Mount Moon at night to get a Moon Stone.

Tuesday
    Tuscany of Tuesday - Tuscany will give you the item "Pink Bow." She appears on Route 29.
    S.S. Aqua - No sailing today.
    Bug Catching Tournament at Goldenrod City - Takes place this day.
    Radio - Pokemon March, raises chances of encountering random Pokemon when played.
    Haircut Brothers at Goldenrod City's Underground - Older haircut brother open.
    Rival at Indigo Plateau - Rival not available for battle.
    Other - Watch rival train at Blackthorn City's Dragon's Den.

Wednesday
    Wesley of Wednesday - Wesley will give you the item "Black Belt", only one in the entire game. He appears at the Lake of Rage above Mahogany Town.
    Radio - Pokemon Lullaby, lowers chances of encountering random Pokemon when played.
    Haircut Brothers at Goldenrod City's Underground - Younger haircut brother open.
    Other - None.

Thursday
    Arthur of Thursday - Arthur will give you the item "Hard Stone", only one in the entire game. He appears on Route 36.
    S.S. Aqua - No sailing this day.

Friday
    Frieda of Friday - Frieda will give you the item "Poison Barb", only one in the entire game. She appears on Route 39.
    S.S. Aqua - Travels from Olivine City to Vermillion City.
    Radio - Pokemon Lullaby, lowers chances of encountering random Pokemon when played.
    Haircut Brothers at Goldenrod City's Underground - Younger haircut brother open.
    Other - Lapras appears in Union Cave. Pokemon with Surf is needed.
    Other - A new ID number from the ID Number Contest is announced at the Lucky radio station.

Saturday
    Santos of Saturday - Santos will give you the item "Spell Tag", only one in the entire game. He appears at Blackthorn City.
    Herb Shop at Goldenrod City's Underground - Open this day.
    Haricut Brothers at Goldenrod City's Underground - Older haircut brother open.
    Other - None.

Sunday
    Sunny of Sunday - Sunny will give you the item "Magnet", only one in the entire game. He appears on Route 37.
    Other - Woman at Goldenrod City's Department Store gives you TM27 if your Pokemon are happy, or gives you TM21 if your Pokemon are unhappy.

This is the site for proof.
    https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsdailyevents.html

MikeSalZap

Lord of the Mirror
    Years
    Remember Monica of Monday, Tuscany of Tuesday, Wesley of Wednesday, Arthur of Thursday, Frieda of Friday, Santos of Saturday, and Sunny of Sunday?

Daily Events

Monday
    Monica of Monday - Monica will give you the item "Sharp Beak", only one in the entire game. She appears on Route 40.

Tuesday
    Tuscany of Tuesday - Tuscany will give you the item "Pink Bow." She appears on Route 29.

Wednesday
    Wesley of Wednesday - Wesley will give you the item "Black Belt", only one in the entire game. He appears at the Lake of Rage above Mahogany Town.
    Other - None.

Thursday
    Arthur of Thursday - Arthur will give you the item "Hard Stone", only one in the entire game. He appears on Route 36.

Friday
    Frieda of Friday - Frieda will give you the item "Poison Barb", only one in the entire game. She appears on Route 39.
    Other - A new ID number from the ID Number Contest is announced at the Lucky radio station.

Saturday
    Santos of Saturday - Santos will give you the item "Spell Tag", only one in the entire game. He appears at Blackthorn City.
    Other - None.

Sunday
    Sunny of Sunday - Sunny will give you the item "Magnet", only one in the entire game. He appears on Route 37.
    Other - Woman at Goldenrod City's Department Store gives you TM27 if your Pokemon are happy, or gives you TM21 if your Pokemon are unhappy.

Nice stuff it look like realy realy REALY PHG & PSS are giong to make a revolution on DS pokemon games

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think GymLeaderLily got it pretty much all covered. I would either expect them to keep it the same as the originals, remove some, and add in some new events as well. I would think that there would be ways around it of course with the DS, but if possible they could figure something that will prohibit that from occurring. If not, then there will definitely be ways to get through all the events in the game and people would probably take advantage of it.

Seriously, having Hoenn and Sinnoh replaced over Kanto wouldn't satisfy old Gold and Silver players. It'll more than likely because fewer sales to be distributed as people will be ashamed of almost half of the original versions being removed for something that they've already gotten to play just recently. Not to mention the loss of nostalgia for the players and even more complaints being brought in. I don't think Kanto needs to be replaced neither would it need to be removed. Moreover, it simply needs to be revisited and rebuilt to higher standards of what they've introduced recently.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Thread merge done of what could be potential day features - comes under speculation at any rate..

Anyways... I for one would like to see the all come back, really. Maybe a few more as well... but particularly the Trainer House one (which would be doubly-awesome if you can battle other people again via linking with them). And haircuts, because darn it, I want to give random Pokemon like Lugia and Wailord and so forth a haircut. -_-

Last edited:

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    -.- Ohhh Silver was the one that they were talking about when they mentioned Giaovanni had a red haired son? Sorry I just found this out LOL, I always thought it was... um nevermind. Well do you think they will talk about that in the new game if they expand the TR plot?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I want to give random Pokemon like Lugia and Wailord and so forth a haircut. -_-
    This made me imagine a Lugia with a bad toupee. XD

I had completely forgotten the existence of the day events that were all over the place in G/S/C. It would be good to see them return, because it always gave the player something to do that was different and fun, no matter what day it was.

Well do you think they will talk about that in the new game if they expand the TR plot?
    If they expand the TR plot (which right now, I personally see no reason to do so), then it's up in the air if Silver being Gio's son is mentioned. In FR/LG, that statement was said no matter the gender of the player (which lead some to believe that Misty was Gio's kid o_O), and is a reference to the Special manga. So it's up to the writers if that's kept in. If it is, then it will give Silver some good character development. If it's not, then that's all right, because Silver is one of the best game rivals in the case of good character development.

The Red Chain

Seriously, having Hoenn and Sinnoh replaced over Kanto wouldn't satisfy old Gold and Silver players. It'll more than likely because fewer sales to be distributed as people will be ashamed of almost half of the original versions being removed for something that they've already gotten to play just recently. Not to mention the loss of nostalgia for the players and even more complaints being brought in. I don't think Kanto needs to be replaced neither would it need to be removed. Moreover, it simply needs to be revisited and rebuilt to higher standards of what they've introduced recently.

Having Hoenn or Sinnoh instead of Kanto would be an auto-POed for the GS fandom. ]:

Hoenn wasn't exactely the favorite out of the four regions to begin with, and Sinnoh we just recently had three games of, that's enough for anyone.
    So if they put in an extra region, Kanto's got the vote. (b'u')b
    Besides, according to the Pokeworld's geography, Kanto and Johto are right next to each other.. so it also makes sense to have Kanto instead of any other region.

Last edited:

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I just don't see Sinnoh, which has an even further generation of pokemon ahead in the Kanto region? I understand the life that needs to be given to it but I don't think there should be any Sinnoh Pokemon, unless maybe a selected few. I didn't like most of the Sinnoh pokemon maybe that is why, but that is just me. Maybe just a bigger variety of Kanto/Johto pokemon in the Kanto would do fine. But if they found just any kind of plot for it that went on as you had to collect the badges then an elite4 at the end, I don't think there would be many complaning about it.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
    If they expand the TR plot (which right now, I personally see no reason to do so), then it's up in the air if Silver being Gio's son is mentioned. In FR/LG, that statement was said no matter the gender of the player (which lead some to believe that Misty was Gio's kid o_O), and is a reference to the Special manga. So it's up to the writers if that's kept in. If it is, then it will give Silver some good character development. If it's not, then that's all right, because Silver is one of the best game rivals in the case of good character development.

The FR plot for TR was pretty good as they gave us something to do other than get thosy lil' mon'. I think in GSDS it'll be largely upscaled for a few cities in Kanto due to size.

I just don't see Sinnoh, which has an even further generation of pokemon ahead in the Kanto region? I understand the life that needs to be given to it but I don't think there should be any Sinnoh Pokemon, unless maybe a selected few. I didn't like most of the Sinnoh pokemon maybe that is why, but that is just me. Maybe just a bigger variety of Kanto/Johto pokemon in the Kanto would do fine. But if they found just any kind of plot for it that went on as you had to collect the badges then an elite4 at the end, I don't think there would be many complaning about it.

And the battle with Red was annoying cuz i was only lvl 60. People, we'll see more things because this isn't just GSC with better graphics like FRLG showed.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    …And haircuts, because darn it, I want to give random Pokemon like Lugia and Wailord and so forth a haircut. -_-
    Yeah, like everybody would want to shave their Swinub.

More than likely, the few selected Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokémons would probably be included after the Elite Four or once the player obtains the national dex. I can just see the latter evolutions of Gen. II Pokémons to be included, not anything else.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They could probably re-introduce the PokéRadar allowing us to find only a selected few Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon after the National Dex is obtained maybe for those who might not have gotten DPPt after these few years. Though changing Kanto to Sinnoh for the game wouldn't be the best of ideas, because it'll only lead to more complaints. Not to mention, we've gotten Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum to play if we wanted to go through Sinnoh. Depending on how they choose to work out the evolutions of the few Johto types that got new evolutions is beyond me at this point, but if they keep the newer generations back until the new Dex is achieved, then newer items will probably be brought in through the Kanto and other parts of Johto perhaps.

Plus, the Elite Four, they might not gain newer Generation Pokémon neither the Gym Leaders until afterwards where we have the oppotunity for rematches. Which will make sense, cause less confusion, and add a little extra challenge to the game if levels are brought up to a higher extent.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I wouldn't mind the selected few actually, there are some in Sinnoh I really did like. My main concern is how they will handle the Kanto region though. I really hope they add more. It seemed so pointless to go over there and win all 8 badges but not get an elite 4. Although, getting to battle Red in the cave was really cool.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't mind the selected few actually, there are some in Sinnoh I really did like. My main concern is how they will handle the Kanto region though. I really hope they add more. It seemed so pointless to go over there and win all 8 badges but not get an elite 4. Although, getting to battle Red in the cave was really cool.

Well there was an Elite for Kanto and an Elite for Johto. The thing is though, is that it was combined as one Pokémon League rather than two. I'm not saying I liked this idea, but it might have been done because of space wise, and no interest in creating the next league for the game. I would have personally liked the idea and thought that they could have done it with the remake, but another thought came overhead. That is having the newer Gen make some appearances after the National Dex is obtained, the recreation of a better Kanto with some storyline added to it, and possibly the rise in level of Gyms, Elites, Trainers, and encounters. I think this is what a lot of people are speculating on as well, because of how easy it might have been before.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    To add to Shivi's post, Gen. III and IV Pokémons can also appear in various islands, if there is one, and probably the Safari Zone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011

Daily Events

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday
    Other - None.

Thursday

Friday

Saturday
    Other - None.

Sunday

it is rock smash on mt. moon,not strength

Years
    Well there was an Elite for Kanto and an Elite for Johto. The thing is though, is that it was combined as one Pokémon League rather than two. I'm not saying I liked this idea, but it might have been done because of space wise, and no interest in creating the next league for the game. I would have personally liked the idea and thought that they could have done it with the remake, but another thought came overhead. That is having the newer Gen make some appearances after the National Dex is obtained, the recreation of a better Kanto with some storyline added to it, and possibly the rise in level of Gyms, Elites, Trainers, and encounters. I think this is what a lot of people are speculating on as well, because of how easy it might have been before.

i wish there were 2 elite four's, one for johto and one for kanto, it'd make it a whole lot more interesting a worthwhile going back to kanto.
    i also hope they give kanto more of a storyline this time, 'cos last time it was literally go to a town, go to the gym, go to the next town. there was barely anything to do except the gyms, so i'd like more things icnluded.
    and i'd love to see a re-appearance of the top trainer cafe, with double battles aswell as sing battles (e.g Brock & misty teaming up against you, while still having, for instance, Karen, Falkner and Blaine wanting to face you in a single battle) if it was in kanto it could include all 16 gym leaders, and i'd love to see some of the elite 4 appear in there aswell.

i want the return of the occasional person travelling with you aswell, for instance in cerulean city misty could team up with you to get rid of team rocket from the pier bit at the top/date place (can't remember the route name), and having Red ccompany you through Mt. silver to the end where he then challenges you, that'd be sweet. Now that i think of it, a better one would be Kurt accompanying you down slowpoke well, and jasmine going with you up the lighthouse to give amphy the medicine.
    anyway sorry for the long post :P

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    i wish there were 2 elite four's, one for johto and one for kanto, it'd make it a whole lot more interesting a worthwhile going back to kanto.
    i also hope they give kanto more of a storyline this time, 'cos last time it was literally go to a town, go to the gym, go to the next town. there was barely anything to do except the gyms, so i'd like more things icnluded.
    and i'd love to see a re-appearance of the top trainer cafe, with double battles aswell as sing battles (e.g Brock & misty teaming up against you, while still having, for instance, Karen, Falkner and Blaine wanting to face you in a single battle) if it was in kanto it could include all 16 gym leaders, and i'd love to see some of the elite 4 appear in there aswell.

i want the return of the occasional person travelling with you aswell, for instance in cerulean city misty could team up with you to get rid of team rocket from the pier bit at the top/date place (can't remember the route name), and having Red ccompany you through Mt. silver to the end where he then challenges you, that'd be sweet. Now that i think of it, a better one would be Kurt accompanying you down slowpoke well, and jasmine going with you up the lighthouse to give amphy the medicine.

Two Elites would have been a nice touch, though I wouldn't expect it too much. I'd think they will stick to keeping it as one in the Kanto. The reason why is because then a new route would have to be added for the location of the league, and it'll change the story of the game a bit, if you really think about it. It'll also take up memory of things they can add that we want for Kanto.

I do agree that Kanto was a bit empty, and needed some life. This is something I might not be surprised seeing having a bit of a change. If the don't decide on implementing a plot, then I'd see them adding in some side quests to keep us occupied while trying to go through each gym and prepare the two in one Elite. It'll be nice for a bit of plot, such as Team Rocket trying once again in Kanto even after their last failure three years ago, but I wouldn't look to highly of that idea. I'd expect things to be changed for Kanto though, and the new 3D look for it will definitely be more of an improvement from what it looked like back in the Gameboy Advance remake.

I don't know if a Gym Leader might come to follow us to take care of Team Rocket, as that was more of Lance's role. Though, I would expect maybe to be followed by the supporting female/male role once in awhile. It may not turn out to be a tag along kind of think with us and the supporter, but I can see some double battles being added on with her, and perhaps with Lance like we've stated before in another thread. Moving along with the gyms, the Cafe idea would be cool if on the Sevii Islands, but I prefer if they might just stay in their gyms with a little upgrade. It'll be a nice twist for difference and we'll still get a rematch. As for double battling with them, I'm not too keen on it with the gyms, but you never know what could be added with it.

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    One Elite Four and Red would be enough "leagues" for me. The only real enticing thing I'd find is going through the Kanto gyms. What I would really like though, is if after beating Red, the Elite Four levels go up, like in FireRed and LeafGreen, and Platinum, the first games to introduce level-ups after completing certain objectives.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years

top trainer cafe? ive never seen it. But if we could go back and battle the gym leaders in the gyms again but the gyms get updated and we have to face the trainers as well.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    top trainer cafe? ive never seen it. But if we could go back and battle the gym leaders in the gyms again but the gyms get updated and we have to face the trainers as well.

I wouldnt mind re-battling the trainers in the gyms, its more exp and more fun ;D

Back