• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I'm interested in the Mushroom houses. I wonder what kind of place it could possibly be, as mushrooms hold no significance, besides the worthless mushrooms you can find laying around. But that is of course if it's even mushrooms, which I now doubt xD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Moltres? Articuno? Zapdos?

Well it's just been confirmed that after you beat the Pokemon League in SS/HG you will be able to capture Groudon in Soul Silver and Kyogre in HG

Not only that but for the people who have the Movie Edition of Arceus, if transferred to HG/SS, you will be able to capture a lv 1 Dialga, Palkia, and/or Giratina

So now with all this, I'm left wondering

What about the Legendary Birds?

I really don't care about Hoenn and Sinnoh's Legendary Pokemon since I'm just gonna trade them over anyway. What about Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno?

https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtmlSource

Ayselipera

If your going to trade over your Hoenn legendaries
    why don't you just trade over your Kanto Legendaries too.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I know I know thats true, I have Platinum too

But what about the people that don't have Platinum?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    So what. If it is in those games its in. They do not put every legend in every game just cause people haven't bought the last iteration. Only case is the 3rd game and thats all or remakes as the case here for a new form or something.

Ayselipera

I know I know thats true, I have Platinum too

But what about the people that don't have Platinum?

Good point. I guess they could use WiFi
    unless they don't have that either than it
    really blows for them. Such as myself :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    .... what if hoenn is in the game? think about it....
    probably not. but, the legendaries, and i haven't seen any of kanto yet on any scans (although we haven't had many) [i'm sick of kanto!]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    .... what if hoenn is in the game? think about it....
    probably not. but, the legendaries, and i haven't seen any of kanto yet on any scans (although we haven't had many) [i'm sick of kanto!]

Like Todoroki stated, Hoenn won't be put in as the three Hoenn Legendaries are found throught either Johto or Kanto. It isn't sure whether they'll be found roaming or if they'll be found in a fixed location. However, to back this up, Rayquaza himself will be found in teh game after obtaining both Kyogre and Groudon in one game. With this, you can defintiely know Hoenn won't be put in as Rayquaza's orignal location was the Sky Pillar.

Meanwhile, even though Kanto has been made for every Generation, it is still needed for this remake. For one, it is a place that can allow the game to expand and allow new features to be brought into the game. Not to mention, it'll add on more for the players to do. As well as this region is the holder of the Elite Four for both regions [not sure if they'll be seperated for the remake], and it is also the location to obtain certain items needed before. Also, if you think about it, without Kanto there is no need for Mt. Silver, which means you won't get to battle Red if you wanted. So, it all adds up to fit and I see no reason in why it should be taken away from the remakes either.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Hmm, does the Kyogre/Groudon that you need to get Rayquazza have to be from HeartGold/SoulSilver? That's what I'm wondering. Or you just need the opposite from any game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I think you need to catch say Groudon go to heartgold trade it there then get Kyogre then get Rayquaza.
    So, what I think you're saying is that the opposite has to be from HeartGold/SoulSilver. I mean it's no problem for me since eventually I am getting both games.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    So, what I think you're saying is that the opposite has to be from HeartGold/SoulSilver. I mean it's no problem for me since eventually I am getting both games.
    Exactly. G is in SS and K is in HG. So if you say catch G in SS transfer it to HG and catch K in HG you can get R in that game or viceversa. More clear for you to understand and yeah both games will be gotten by me. I have like 5 or 6 friends who own a DS and play rabidly Pokemon so this will go smoothly for me.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Well Kanto is needed, as Kanto and Johto are basically just one region seperated by a mountain range, much like Sinnoh.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    I wonder. Red. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, Red was based on the Yellow Red, having Pikachu and the three starters. Gold/Silver/Crystal were sequels to Red/Blue/Yellow.

Ok. HeartGold/SoulSilver are sequels to LeafGreen/FireRed. However, in those games there was not a Yellow equivalent. So the Yellow Red doesn't exist here.

So... how may be the final battle with Red? Will he still be based in a distant Yellow version's Red, or not, since he didn't exist in Generation 3?

I've had similar thoughts. Since there have been more generations since G/S, maybe Red's team has grown to the other regions. Maybe he'll have some 4th and 3rd generation pokemon. Who knows? I hope, for myself, that Red's team changes depending on the day of the week, time of day, etc. But that may be too much to ask for. And I doubt that'll happen.
    But, I think that the same routes of the team should stay intact, with just a couple minor changes in the lineup.

they're obviously going to update his looks, so don't get your hopes up about having the same sprite that was used in GSC, i, for one, don't want that, i want the red from FR/LG, as these games are the sequel to them.
    i think a double battle against red & "green" would be cool for the end, so it'd be gold & "soul" against them, or silver, and they could be your partner going through mt silver.

I do like this idea. Maybe a choice between partnering or going alone? That would be something I'd deffinately like to see.

Also, what about the one-on-one trainer house? Do you think it'll be a wifi plaza or sorts? A place to pick a network, chillout and battle? If it is a wifi plaza, will the exp gain stay (I think you still gained exp in the 1-on-1 house...)? What do you think will become of it?

Last edited:
    Back