• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I doubt the LBirds will be roaming, since we can get them from Pt. I don't think we need any roaming Pokémon. Maybe the LDogs but other than that, no thanks.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I doubt the LBirds will be roaming, since we can get them from Pt. I don't think we need any roaming Pokémon. Maybe the LDogs but other than that, no thanks.

This I agree with, and others have said it too. We wouldn't need the legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres available seeing as Platinum brought them back. However, the Legendary Beasts may be the ones found roaming.

There has been speculation with the sighting of the Hoenn region legendaries being found my roaming, but honestly I don't know how that would work out. I'd prefer them being in a fixed location somewhere either in Johto or Kanto and available after Post-National Dex. However, it is said that if you have both Kyogre and Groundon in your one game, then it activates Rayquaza.

Seeing as how Rayquaza doesn't have the Sky Pillar to rest in through the Johto and Kanto, then I can see this Hoenn Legendary being found roaming the area. Plus, it can fly and it is fast so it isn't like it'll be a strange occurrance either. Other than that, I don't see anything else that'll be needed for roaming purposes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    There has been speculation with the sighting of the Hoenn region legendaries being found my roaming, but honestly I don't know how that would work out. I'd prefer them being in a fixed location somewhere either in Johto or Kanto and available after Post-National Dex. However, it is said that if you have both Kyogre and Groundon in your one game, then it activates Rayquaza.

Yeah Groudon/Kyogre should have a fixed location. Because I can't imagine Groudon moving to different route so quickly. Kyogre would have to stay in the water, and there's not a lot of water routes. As for Rayquazza, yes I can see it roaming around after you have both Groudon and Kyogre.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Agreed, Discostick. I think it'd be cool if they had five roaming Pokémon, just like in Platinum. Rayquaza, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, and... Ho-oh or Lugia, depending on which one you didn't catch first. Or, Latios or Latias would nice, too. No one seems to mention them anymore... they aren't seen at all in Generation IV, yet no one complains.

Years
    idk i think that the knew pokemon games on the DS r going to be gay i wasnt a big fan of diamond/pearl/plat. just because on how your guy looked and the "3d" and the lame music call me old fashioned but i think that its all about FR/LG.

Years
    What an amazing post, your well reasoned and explained point was a great addition to a forum that was clearly meant for complaints despite the fact that there's a complaint forum right above it. I also loved how you obeyed the rules by using the word 'gay' in proper context and not as an insult. Finally your fantastic grammar was the icing on the great post cake.

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    This brings me to the thought of when we saw the trio fight it out in The Power of One with Lugia, that could be a possibility?
    Regards,
    The Pokémon Professor
    Perhaps in HeartGold, but, remember, in Silver, you get Lugia anyways (I believe in Gold too later on the game? correct me on this?). But, like I said, Maybe in gold they'll make it a requirement that you have Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres to be able to get Lugia in HeartGold. But then, they'd have to make some sort of requirement to get Ho-Oh in SoulSilver. So I guess we'll just see how it plays out.

Mew could,would. and should work(as a runner). In the Anime it's shown to be a very fickle and fast Pokemon that bounds from place to place constantly.

Nintendo has made a pretty plain to see and strong point that Mew should be scarce and shouldn't be just easy to get(such as in the game's story), but you have to get it by special events. I doubt they'd change that now.

Last edited:

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    What about the new info? Its been confirmed that all 493 pokemon can follow you- what do you think of that? (This info was on Serebii)

EDIT: Plus, it says the map goes east to Kanto and Mount Silver, which pretty much confirms Kanto is in the game (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I do believe that info is AWESOME. Although a bit weird in that some Pokemon following you would be...well, weid. And potentially humuorous. Such as Magikarp, or Wailord...

Also means it's more likely we can see our Pokemon at the least in the Day Care Centre as well, if not being able to explore it as well. That's how I see it, anyway.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I do believe that info is AWESOME. Although a bit weird in that some Pokemon following you would be...well, weid. And potentially humuorous. Such as Magikarp, or Wailord...

Also means it's more likely we can see our Pokemon at the least in the Day Care Centre as well, if not being able to explore it as well. That's how I see it, anyway.

I know BeachBoy will be thrilled to have a Wailord following him, it couldn't make him any happier I'm sure.

However, I agree it'll be strange seeing some following us, especially the legendaries such as Kyogre, Groudon, and Arceus. Though, there are a few exception like having Sky Form Shaymin [hopefully] following us and more.

My only wondering thought though, is that when it comes to surfing, seeing as they've given every Pokémon in the game an OW sprite, will there be a set blue figure we surf on, or will they show the actual water Pokémon? This is what interests me the most and I'd hope they make an improvement on it.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    My only wondering thought though, is that when it comes to surfing, seeing as they've given every Pokémon in the game an OW sprite, will there be a set blue figure we surf on, or will they show the actual water Pokémon? This is what interests me the most and I'd hope they make an improvement on it.

Well, it all depends on how the over-world sprites really look. Wailord is the biggest pokemon ever which means if you surfed on that Pokemon you really wouldn't be able to squeeze threw the often tiny places that you are given to surf, victory road for example(I'm talking D/P/Pt here). So i personally think they will keep the tiny sprites for surfing and whatnot.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I know BeachBoy will be thrilled to have a Wailord following him, it couldn't make him any happier I'm sure.

However, I agree it'll be strange seeing some following us, especially the legendaries such as Kyogre, Groudon, and Arceus. Though, there are a few exception like having Sky Form Shaymin [hopefully] following us and more.

Well, the only problem with that, is that not just "Surfing" Pokémon can "learn" Surf. People may hack Pokémon to learn Surf illegally, and since they never made a Surfing sprite for that Pokémon, it would cause glitches. That's probably why they've always had the monotone sprite...

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016

I'm thinking this too. I mean they've already made the OW sprites for all the Pokémon, they could use them for this as well. I mean it would look awesome if they would do this, even have the OW sprite of whatever Pokémon you picked to use Surf.

Now, what about all this Touch Screen business? It looks very interesting but I don't get it. You use the touch screen instead of the buttons? Is it an updated version of the DPPt, touch screen PC Boxes?

Years
    Well, the only problem with that, is that not just "Surfing" Pokémon can "learn" Surf. People may hack Pokémon to learn Surf illegally, and since they never made a Surfing sprite for that Pokémon, it would cause glitches. That's probably why they've always had the monotone sprite...

Well I don't think they would keep a monotone sprite just because it would be easier for hackers... so I think its entirely possible for Pokemon to have their own surf sprites.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm thinking this too. I mean they've already made the OW sprites for all the Pokémon, they could use them for this as well. I mean it would look awesome if they would do this, even have the OW sprite of whatever Pokémon you picked to use Surf.

Now, what about all this Touch Screen business? It looks very interesting but I don't get it. You use the touch screen instead of the buttons? Is it an updated version of the DPPt, touch screen PC Boxes?

We'll see how the surfing turns out, but I do think it is a possibility of them having their own surfing sprite. It'll work out well if they take up one tile space as well. However, looking at the example they give when looking at your Pokémon, it shows a ribbon, meaning there just may be a chance at contests in the game.

However, everything is now going to be utilized through the touchscreen, at least almsot everything. This will include you bag, viewing your Pokémon team, PokéDex, PC Boxes, and a bit more. Though, it is slight confusing as it is basically a new feature. However I'm sure as time goes by things will be explained briefly on how to use it all. Not to mention, this is a Pokémon game, so I'm sure the creators of it will keep it at a easy enough level where younger kids will understand on how to take use of it all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    We'll see how the surfing turns out, but I do think it is a possibility of them having their own surfing sprite. It'll work out well if they take up one tile space as well. However, looking at the example they give when looking at your Pokémon, it shows a ribbon, meaning there just may be a chance at contests in the game.

However, everything is now going to be utilized through the touchscreen, at least almost everything. This will include you bag, viewing your Pokémon team, PokéDex, PC Boxes, and a bit more. Though, it is slight confusing as it is basically a new feature. However I'm sure as time goes by things will be explained briefly on how to use it all. Not to mention, this is a Pokémon game, so I'm sure the creators of it will keep it at a easy enough level where younger kids will understand on how to take use of it all.

Well hopefully they add the OW sprites for surfing as well, or just you on a Wailord, something else besides that monotone sprite. I thoughht I was riding on a Wailmer anyway. But if they do it for surfing, then what about flying? It looked like a Togekiss in DPPt. So if they do the surfing perhaps they can work something out with the flying OW sprites? CONTEST ( something I'll never do but good for people who get bored easily. hehe)

Oh, well that gives me a chance to use my stylus, because I basically just used the buttons for everything. I hope that thise whole touch screen feature will be awesome, because I love the touch screen!

Back