• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I just do not get shinies THAT easily. Maybe I am not as lucky as your friend LOL. HA HA!

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    i doubt they will do that, it's just space consuming... they could have just added some secret event in the game rather than putting unnecessary OW... and besides, being a shiny pokemon doesn't mean they're THAT special.. it's just the color, nothing else... and regarding the pichu, i think there are different sprite because they are special pokemons from the movie.. Nintendo probably want to keep their original form to make them appear very different from the original pichu sprites (you can take a good look on the ear of the other pichu if you didn't notice...)

Last edited:

derozio

Years
    What you said is the truth. Shinies are just pokemon with different colour. So it won't matter to me. If I said something wrong then please forgive me as you are my seniors afterall.

Years
    I doubt Nintendo will bother with it, really. ._. They've more important things to be focussing on in the development of the game than making an alternate colour Pokémon that follows in its correct colour. They've never bothered with the party icons (i.e. this sort of sprite:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation
    ), so I can't see them implementing this.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Discussion on the Pokemon following you and them possibly having shiny sprites merged here (although there's also another thread on the such, but eh, one can speculate this here too).

I don't know about it... it might be nice, although it'll involve them then having to re-colour every single sprite. Furthermore - if it happened, that I wonder about the other instances one sees a Pokemon's overworld sprite - such as legendaries - which so far have not reflected whether the Pokemon is shiny or not. If they didn't change, I'd think there's inconsistancy there (after all, you see the normal sprited-Pokemon only to see that it WAS shiny, and from then on when if follows you it looks different...?) - and if it were changed so any Pokemon sprite reflected on whether it was shiny or not, then that means it's decided upon the moment you see it - or far more likely, the beginning of the game.

Not sure they'd go and bother changing such stuff, really - but who knows?

derozio

Years
    Cutscenes in HGSS

I would love to see cutscenes like the ones which occured in pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness. They can add cutscenes to some epic places such as when we encounter the legendary beasts or Ho-oh/Lugia or even places like when lance tries to battle Team Rocket at Mahogany Town. I think that if they put cutscenes in these games then it would be very cool. Adding cutscenes may take some space so they may or may not add it.(I liked the scene when we encounter primal dialga in pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness.) I can dream afterall. :) .

derozio

Years
    Thanks for the reply. You can add your signature and avatar with the help of User CP option that is to the left. User CP is very user-friendly so you won't have any problem finding what you want to do. You should not have any problems finding the User Control Panel option.

(A different way is by clickin at the place where it says your name for e.g
    Welcome,Crusher 1 at the left)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    There was quite the sizeable cutscene in Platinum for the event at the Spear Pillar, so they most likely will do something special for the HGSS legendaries, I should think.

But then, if they're going to expand into Kanto, I don't know how much storage space they still have on the game card.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    in the coro coro scan they showed pictures from an arceus event that looked like it was in the middle of a cutscene. thats not gonna be in the main story line though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I would love to see cutscenes like the ones which occured in pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness. They can add cutscenes to some epic places such as when we encounter the legendary beasts or Ho-oh/Lugia or even places like when lance tries to battle Team Rocket at Mahogany Town. I think that if they put cutscenes in these games then it would be very cool. Adding cutscenes may take some space so they may or may not add it.(I liked the scene when we encounter primal dialga in pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness.) I can dream afterall. :) .
    You made a post like this in the speculation thread - so why make a new thread then as well? Kinda overkill to have the same discussion intended in two places, really?

At any rate, it's a speculation on a minor aspect, so it belongs here in the speculation thread anyways - hence the merge.

IDK about cutscenes - we may get some, but I kinda doubt we'd get them for each possible thing, and exactly like they have them in, say, Emerald, or MD. Just my guess though. Note also thta we have the intro screen/scenes for places of note (for instance, there's one for Sprout Tower already revealed - looks like it's basically the same thing as what FR/LG had.

derozio

Years
    OOPS! A MISTAKE!

Am sorry for the blunder as I am new to PC you see.

It would be awesome if they changed the sprite animations from only two sprites to multi sprites.

I am sure they did a very nice job with the sprites in Pokemon Crystal. In crystal the animations looked very natural so I hope they do the same in HGSS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    (I forgot to say this a long long time ago) Well... now that we have seen the touch screen and it appears to have just the functions of a menu, do you think that is actually Pokegear or you can choose the pokegear option? (Can't read Japanese and pics aren't clear) If there is a Pokegear option, do you think it will be color-coded again by gender like DPPt? (That was soooo annoying as I was Dawn and it was pink) I mean I know in the pictures of the characters it was, but what about just on the touch screen?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    (I forgot to say this a long long time ago) Well... now that we have seen the touch screen and it appears to have just the functions of a menu, do you think that is actually Pokegear or you can choose the pokegear option? (Can't read Japanese and pics aren't clear) If there is a Pokegear option, do you think it will be color-coded again by gender like DPPt? (That was soooo annoying as I was Dawn and it was pink) I mean I know in the pictures of the characters it was, but what about just on the touch screen?
    Sorry. Soul's Pokégear is indeed pink. :/ There was a picture in Famitsu

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Lilbittygoat; said:
    "

However, this may be a little much. This would mandate 986 new OWs, and most likely 988. Maybe even 1022, or possibly just 1020. Perhaps 1028? Make that 1032. Or--it's a longshot-- but maybe even up to 1036!

(This is referring to the addition of Shaymin's Sky forme, all of Arceus's other type formes (including the ??? forme), all the seas of Shellos and Gastrodon (that's plus the weird one found in D/P/Pt's programming) as well as Deoxys's three special formes, all in both shiny and regular. If they add in the shinies, they may just end up going full-out.)

Wow.... 1036. Unlikely? Perhaps... perhaps not...

take you 1036 and times it by 8 if we add in all directions and movement

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    8288? Wow.... this isn't happening. There were only 9999 sprites total in Emerald, if I recall. I guess I really didn't add in all the walking and stuff. xD Not a big deal, though. I'M EQUALLY AS PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Uses Psych Up and has his Attack stat raised* Uh-oh...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It is very well possible to have all the Pokémon with a normal sprite and a shiny sprite. However, it would seem a bit overdone, but could work out perfectly fine if ever accomplished. Though, if Shiny OW sprites had to be given to only exclusive Pokémon like the movie Pikachu Colored Pichu, then I'd say the same would at least happen for the Red Gyarados. If any, those two would be the ones who really deserve having a Shiny OW sprite in the game, if it didn't happen to all. Something that I think would be kind of interesting is that if shinies did get their OW sprite, then maybe every so often they might have a little sparkle effect while walking/standing perhaps? [/This is just a thuoght I came up with]

Anyway, it is possible, but consideration of memory, time, and all are all taken into consideration and if it fits and works, then maybe they may just do it for the remakes [or not].

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Yeah, I don't get the guy that refuses to play a game just because his shiny Pokémon won't show up shiny while following him. xD However, I sometimes like to think that it's not all about the money for Nintendo and Game Freak, and oftentimes they want to make their customers happy, entertained, and satisfied. This is definitely proved in Brawl. I mean, it had like a million features that they never even mentioned!

And that's why I like Nintendo and Gamefreak. Nintendo got me introduced into the gaming scene since I was very little, starting with my father's NES. Once Pokemon came along, I played the GSC series and from then on they have been making great games.

Back