• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont see why anyone would fake that particular image at this point. Looks real to me but I havent seen it around and people are usually pretty quick to jump on such images.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Bad edit. The statues are too big and uh one without a base and one with a base? Also note how the totodile and gold are badly put into the shot.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The statues do look pretty odd. Anyway, I wonder Pokemon that swim will follow you.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Rebattle the gym leaders and the Elite 4??

Hey everybody, i was just wondering, do you think that after beating the game, you might be able to rebattle the gym leaders which will have much more powerful Pokemon like in DPPt in the Survival Area? And do you think the Elite 4 will be stronger that before? in Gold and Silver, the leverls of the pokemon in the league ranged from 40 to 50, so if they were higher , would you be up for the challage??

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged thread on whether one can rebattle gym leaders here, as it belongs in the speculation thread. (And there's another thread already made on whether Pokemon and trainers will be stronger in HG/SS or not as well).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hey everybody, i was just wondering, do you think that after beating the game, you might be able to rebattle the gym leaders which will have much more powerful Pokemon like in DPPt in the Survival Area? And do you think the Elite 4 will be stronger that before? in Gold and Silver, the leverls of the pokemon in the league ranged from 40 to 50, so if they were higher , would you be up for the challage??

Seeing as how it was done in Emerald and Platinum, plus FireRed and LeafGreed I would assume Gyms and Elites may end up getting stronger. Not to mention their moves might end up changing, levels might be risen and also some of the newer generation Pokémon might be added into their roster.

Now, whether our rematch will be back in a gym or in a new area really depends on what they do with the game. However, there are some spotted new areas in Johto from recent Coro Coro scans, so this new locations could be a similar building to that of the Trainer Café from Pokémon Platinum. As for the challege, yes it'll be a challenge, but ut really depends on what level and how well trained my Pokémon may be at that time.

By the way, I was reading up some more information on Arceus and how it works with the three dieties of space, time and distortion. It seems as though, it will be your choice, and only one choice, on which Dragon diety you want to have born from the great Arceus.

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    Seeing as how it was done in Emerald and Platinum, plus FireRed and LeafGreed I would assume Gyms and Elites may end up getting stronger. Not to mention their moves might end up changing, levels might be risen and also some of the newer generation Pokémon might be added into their roster.

Now, whether our rematch will be back in a gym or in a new area really depends on what they do with the game. However, there are some spotted new areas in Johto from recent Coro Coro scans, so this new locations could be a similar building to that of the Trainer Café from Pokémon Platinum. As for the challege, yes it'll be a challenge, but ut really depends on what level and how well trained my Pokémon may be at that time.

By the way, I was reading up some more information on Arceus and how it works with the three dieties of space, time and distortion. It seems as though, it will be your choice, and only one choice, on which Dragon diety you want to have born from the great Arceus.

Speaking of that, the johto GL's need a seious overhaul. Whitney ant have just two pokemon. And in Kanto, I think Hoenn pokemon will be found there coz we all know there isnt going to be a GIII remake.

I thought the thing about arceus was obvious from the beginning. What I dont understand, is why Arceus would make another one of the deities when he already has one of each. It would throw the Universe into Limbo.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2009
    I wonder if they release something like a full scale RPG for the wii that would be da bomb maybe a johto kanto like this combined with hoenn and the sinnoh, that might be a bit too much for one game tho ! lol

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Here's an idea.
    Maybe Arceus is just summoning the deities because Cynthia wants to know more about them. But then, when they appear, everything starts going weird. Then, Cynthia tells you to battle them and that she'll battle the other two. You just go up to one of them and commence a battle. If you catch Dialga, Cynthia catches Palkia. If you Giratina, Cynthia catches Dialga. If you catch Palkia, Cynthia catches Giratina. Then the third one runs away. Cynthia can use her caught dragon to fight you somewhere in the game (I really think we should have a chance to battle Cynthia somewhere). Yeah, maybe not such a great idea, but I like it.

The way I came up with the cycle is this: Dialga is a Steel type and thusly is resistant to Giratina's Ghost moves and not weak to its Dragon moves. Therefore, Dialga trumps Giratina, and Cynthia catches the better one.
    Giratina can inflict super-effective STAB damage on Palkia with Dragon moves, and is resistant to Palkia's Water attacks. So Giratina trumps Palkia.
    Palkia has Spacial Rend, which is better than Roar of Time. (Dialga would probably win this one, but let's just follow the triangle. xD)

I wonder if they release something like a full scale RPG for the wii that would be da bomb maybe a johto kanto like this combined with hoenn and the sinnoh, that might be a bit too much for one game tho ! lol
    It'd be better if it was like Pokémon XD, and had an Orre-like region.

Last edited:

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I wonder if it'll be made more explicit that Silver (the rival) is Giovanni's son or not? In FR/LG a Rocket in the Sevii islands comments that "the boss' son has red hair" which might be a reference, however I'd like to know for sure.

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    Here's an idea.
    Maybe Arceus is just summoning the deities because Cynthia wants to know more about them. But then, when they appear, everything starts going weird. Then, Cynthia tells you to battle them and that she'll battle the other two. You just go up to one of them and commence a battle. If you catch Dialga, Cynthia catches Palkia. If you Giratina, Cynthia catches Dialga. If you catch Palkia, Cynthia catches Giratina. Then the third one runs away. Cynthia can use her caught dragon to fight you somewhere in the game (I really think we should have a chance to battle Cynthia somewhere). Yeah, maybe not such a great idea, but I like it.

The way I came up with the cycle is this: Dialga is a Steel type and thusly is resistant to Giratina's Ghost moves and not weak to its Dragon moves. Therefore, Dialga trumps Giratina, and Cynthia catches the better one.
    Giratina can inflict super-effective STAB damage on Palkia with Dragon moves, and is resistant to Palkia's Water attacks. So Giratina trumps Palkia.
    Palkia has Spacial Rend, which is better than Roar of Time. (Dialga would probably win this one, but let's just follow the triangle. xD)

It'd be better if it was like Pokémon XD, and had an Orre-like region.

Did you know that the dragons are lv1 each? This implies, and almost confirms, that they are being created. Whether or not the real dragons were creted at that time is a mystery. So it is possible that you and cynthia traveled to the past to witness the creation of the three. I have my money on that.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    So it is possible that you and cynthia traveled to the past to witness the creation of the three. I have my money on that.

I don't think that will happen because you have to trade Arceus over which means it already existed, which means that it would have created them long ago and yada yada.

Anywho, I feel like they are fersrsly over-packing this game.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    No HGSS will be based off of the original games but heavily ramped up. Its a nice change from how fr/lg was just Kanto with paint.
    I'm talking engine-wise. I know what HG/SS are remakes of, thank you very much.

Did you know that the dragons are lv1 each? This implies, and almost confirms, that they are being created. Whether or not the real dragons were creted at that time is a mystery. So it is possible that you and cynthia traveled to the past to witness the creation of the three. I have my money on that.
    First of all, that was an idea, not a statement. I know it's not true, and I know they're all level 1. But that doesn't really mean anything. Regigigas is level 1 when you catch it in Platinum, and I don't think it's being created, as it's the one who created the other Regis (who are in your party) in the first place.

Last edited:

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    So, regarding the Poke's following you...

What do you think will happen when a shiny follows you? Will the Pokemon's sprite be different, or will it look normal colored untill sent into battle?

Feel free to speculate here. If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Does anyone of you think that they will put cutscenes like those which appeared in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, like the ones at fogbound lake or (PRIMAL) Dialga roaring? I think it would be pretty cool if they put a cutscene where the legendary beasts awake from their sleep and escape from the burned tower in front of our eyes. There could also be a cutscene at MT.SILVER before we battle the great trainer RED! This is just my opinion, some people may or may not like it. ^^ (SORRY IF I SAID ANYTHING WRONG AS I AM NEW TO PC AS YOU CAN SEE).

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I think that a shiny pokemon will show up shiny when it is following you because of the pictures of the notched-ear pichu in Ilex Forest.
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Normally I would think they wouldn't bother to put in the shiny OW, just like they don't do that in the party/PC icons. It's probably not in Amity Square, either. However, seeing the Pikachu-colored Pichu makes me think it's possible, but still not definite. Because the Pikachu-colored Pichu is not just a shiny Pikachu, it's special. However, from there, the thought process could go like this:

"Well, now we already have a shiny overworld sprite for Pichu! Why not just apply that to all shiny Pichu?"

"But wait! We have a shiny OW for Pichu, yet not for any other Pokémon? that's not fair... Let's put 'em all in!"

However, this may be a little much. This would mandate 986 new OWs, and most likely 988. Maybe even 1022, or possibly just 1020. Perhaps 1028? Make that 1032. Or--it's a longshot-- but maybe even up to 1036!

(This is referring to the addition of Shaymin's Sky forme, all of Arceus's other type formes (including the ??? forme), all the seas of Shellos and Gastrodon (that's plus the weird one found in D/P/Pt's programming) as well as Deoxys's three special formes, all in both shiny and regular. If they add in the shinies, they may just end up going full-out.)

Wow.... 1036. Unlikely? Perhaps... perhaps not...

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    It would add a little bit of detail to the game. But I think they won't bother to put shiny OverWorlds as it may take some space. Actually it won't matter much to me as I will play the game no matter what.^^

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Yeah, I don't get the guy that refuses to play a game just because his shiny Pokémon won't show up shiny while following him. xD However, I sometimes like to think that it's not all about the money for Nintendo and Game Freak, and oftentimes they want to make their customers happy, entertained, and satisfied. This is definitely proved in Brawl. I mean, it had like a million features that they never even mentioned!

Back