• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
Years
  • Do you think there will be Mew or Mewtwo? Probably not the birds cause of Platinum, those two can't be gotten in gen. IV. Also maybe Serebii. ^^ P.s. Pink. Is. ANNOYING. but I guess the female character looks OKAY (after looking at it about 10 times trying to see what people like about it). Still looks childish and a little "goody-two-shoes", but oh well. We haven't seen the sprite yet.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Do you think there will be Mew or Mewtwo? Probably not the birds cause of Platinum, those two can't be gotten in gen. IV. Also maybe Serebii. ^^ P.s. Pink. Is. ANNOYING. but I guess the female character looks OKAY (after looking at it about 10 times trying to see what people like about it). Still looks childish and a little "goody-two-shoes", but oh well. We haven't seen the sprite yet.

Getting Celebi with a wi-fi event (ala shaymin) is pretty much a given. Mew and Jirachii might get their own wi-fi events as well, since they're very elusive pokemon to date. Jirachi was unobtainable at all without nintendo events, and Mew was only caught by those who had the old seachart in emerald.
    Mewtwo is doubtful.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
  • Just had an idea bout the Bike...
    Hoenn's bike was the best in terms of looks and usage diversity. I would pretty much prefer something similar to that in GSDS.

But a Skateboard as an in-game transportation method? Kinda sounds.. I dunno. Maybe for an event like some suggested. Maybe in a certain place. Like on Cycling road you could only access it with a Bike. And in whateveritscalled city in Sinnoh there was this place you couldn't enter unless you had a 'cute' Pokemon. Maybe the same thing's here? o_O;

But wouldn't it be amazing if someone released an English patch for a GSDS before their official NA or European release? I would SO get it just so I can compare it later on with the official. I found that in most cases, fansubs and translations are much better than official ones. <<; Whatcha think?

Edit: @Polywagged: Um.. Yes. Jirachi WAS obtainable without an event. Thats how I got mine. Via Colosseum bonus disk. Thats how and several of my friends got it. I think my brother has mine right now. I can't remember. That was for North American pre-ordered copies. As for the Japanese game, if it was pre-ordered you'd get a Celebi off the bonus disk. They both held some berry. For Jirachi I know that for a fact, but I can only strongly assume the same thing for Celebi.

The Operator.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Edit: @Polywagged: Um.. Yes. Jirachi WAS obtainable without an event. Thats how I got mine. Via Colosseum bonus disk. Thats how and several of my friends got it. I think my brother has mine right now. I can't remember. That was for North American pre-ordered copies. As for the Japanese game, if it was pre-ordered you'd get a Celebi off the bonus disk. They both held some berry. For Jirachi I know that for a fact, but I can only strongly assume the same thing for Celebi.

Still an event; it's not something you could do with just R/S by itself, so it's classed as an event. Much like how Lugia and Ho-oh are considered event Pokémon (at least, until HG/SS come out), though they're obtainable in Colosseum/XD.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
  • I dunno. Maybe its classified as an event, but I never thought of it as an event since its just there blatantly. As for Lugia and Ho-oh you could obtain them in the game themselves. I don't mean to argue, but I would like to know how that is considered an event.

The Operator.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I dunno. Maybe its classified as an event, but I never thought of it as an event since its just there blatantly. As for Lugia and Ho-oh you could obtain them in the game themselves. I don't mean to argue, but I would like to know how that is considered an event.

The Operator.
    When you have to drag your bum all the way to the nearest toys r us to just get the ticket to travel to navel rock its not an event?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Todokori.. We are talking bout Coloseum and XD's Lugia and Ho-oh. Not the one's in FrLg and Emerald.

The Operator.
    Ah. They are event Pokemon in the sense that they are not obtainable by normal means. Anyway we now have to start speculating on how loaded will this game be.
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

I posted this in the CoroCoro thread with other pictures. They obviously want us to love them more then we ever can. Touchscreen menu baby! Finally! So what other out there things would you think they would add?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    I reckon the the Pokegear will just be a Poketch with calling capabilities but could you imagine if they implemented that through Wifi imagine calling someone half way across the globe lol wont happen though

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I reckon the the Pokegear will just be a Poketch with calling capabilities but could you imagine if they implemented that through Wifi imagine calling someone half way across the globe lol wont happen though
    It will be much more. Like the old games I expect it now to have the phone map and radio with extra features.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    thats cool with touch screen to look at your pokemon and bag.

also i was looking yesterday and the only way to get celebi on g/s/c is by doing either cheating with gameshark or beating something on pokemon stadium 2 and then trading it over......so hopefully now that we have better stuff they will make it eaiser to get celebi

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ohh, touch screen lets you look at your Pokemon and bag? I wonder... would it possibly then allow you to do at least basic operations, such as swtich the position of your Pokemon or use an item? IDK, though...for instance, if the lead Pokemon does follow you, changing what that Pokemon 'is' might have to happen off-screen, perhaps. (Unless they show it being changed, of course?).
    Ah. They are event Pokemon in the sense that they are not obtainable by normal means. Anyway we now have to start speculating on how loaded will this game be.
    I wouldn't quite call them event Pokemon, as Colo/XD weren't that spin-off a game and all - all of the legendaries in Colo/XD were part of the main storyline bar Ho-oh, and can be caught normally - it's not that much an event Pokemon, I'd say. But meh.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ohh, touch screen lets you look at your Pokemon and bag? I wonder... would it possibly then allow you to do at least basic operations, such as swtich the position of your Pokemon or use an item? IDK, though...for instance, if the lead Pokemon does follow you, changing what that Pokemon 'is' might have to happen off-screen, perhaps. (Unless they show it being changed, of course?).
    Well yeah. Using the touchscreen for such a thing will obviously make things much more easier. Drag and drop for the team order and putting your bag in order would be nice. I doubt its lead Pokemon that gets the outing just the starter.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I doubt its lead Pokemon that gets the outing just the starter.
    It does depend if other Pokemon can follow you - then you could have the starter and the Pokemon in your party, so the one further up the list would probably be the one to follow you.

Note also - what if you had someone trade you another starter? One way around that is to go by the Trainer ID of the Pokemon, or just make it the starter YOU got from Elm. Yet another thing that would be fun to test out is...what if you cloned your Pokemon? If they don't have something covered for that - such as going by the lead Pokemon or justing taking one of them something like that - then what? But they are professionals - they should have it covered.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    its probally going to work both ways like you can use the touch screen and you can use the y button

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • its probally going to work both ways like you can use the touch screen and you can use the y button
    well you open the Start menu with X and in the shot it is clear you can do something to it with x. I suspect that you have dual usage. Like you click were x is to close it and such and A to open the gear and switch it in or something. Very interesting stuff. Makes me want some game play footage.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They can simply add onto the PokéGear a button to access the touch screen start menu, without having to go complex with all the buttons.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was wondering what do you guys think will happen to the Togepi egg?

I don't really care if we still get Togepi back or not but I was just wondering if it'll still be in the game.

Back