• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
  • I like the Apricorn balls better than the newer ones. Fast ball, Lure Ball, Love Ball, Friendship Ball, etcetera. <3 I liked the Headbutt trees, too. Maybe, they are still there but there isn't a lot of them in the new Ilex Forest? o.O Idk I didn't use Honey Trees until after I got Fly or beat the game. I didn't like the Honey Trees either. When it's time to go back to the tree, you're too far away. (For example, you put honey on the tree in Floaroma, and by the time a Pokemon comes, you're all the way in Hearthome. :L WTH? Then, you got to go all the way back there, run into wild pokemon that slow you down, and once you get all the way back to that tree, either no pokemon is there, or it's a stupid Wumple. *rolls eyes*)

Ditch the Honey trees, or shorten the time period for when the Pokemon is supposed to arrive...to say... idk... 5 minutes? No. Second thought, screw honey trees and bring back Headbutt trees. Those were awesome!

Edit: As for the Elite Four, get rid of Bruno and replace him with someone else. Koga and Lance can stay.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • See, with the starter following you implemented, it makes me think of there being a possible Yellow re-make in the near future.

But yeah, can't wait for it. I may even get a Japanese version for a sneak preview xD
    It's supposed to be out sometime 2010 over here in Europe :/

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • See, with the starter following you implemented, it makes me think of there being a possible Yellow re-make in the near future.

But yeah, can't wait for it. I may even get a Japanese version for a sneak preview xD
    It's supposed to be out sometime 2010 over here in Europe :/
    Yellow fan remake no doubt.Yeah 2010 sucks for us. I will either get the Japanese version without caring bout knowing anything they say or the US version which I always get for my DS games.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    A Yellow Remake would be wicked cool, but it seems a little unlikely to me. I think they just took different game ideas and out it into this, to make it hopefully one of the best remakes yet.

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
    Years
  • BIG NEWS!!!
    We are not yet clear on when the truce will take place but hopfully soon enough for the new pokemon games to be enjoyed on both handhelds.
    ~BrokenRoses

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    BIG NEWS!!!
    We are not yet clear on when the truce will take place but hopfully soon enough for the new pokemon games to be enjoyed on both handhelds.
    ~BrokenRoses

There's big news all the time with this game, and it's great. Except, when the news is very irrelevant. Anyway, if they were to make a Yellow Remake, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, maybe not until the new gaming system is out.

Where'd you find out this information by the way?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I call bull. That will only happen under 4 specific conditions:
    pigs will fly
    hell shall freeze over
    we finally get may the 32nd as a day
    I become a mod

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, I don't think it'll happen either for Sony and Nintendo just don't want to incorporate together, or if they don't want to they just aren't.

Anyway, hey if someone starts a fan remake because of this game, then that'll be pretty cool, I just noticed "fan" a few posts above.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    So far, what I've seen redone with the few City shots is a big change. I never really knew what Johto would have looked like with the DPPt graphics until now.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The city/town graphics and changes were a big suprise to me. Now it's just Goldenrod City to look forward to.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    they need to make it a little harder because the only problem i had was beating red

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, I agree, hopefully they'll work on making the game a bit more challenging. What I'm really looking to see though, is that mysterious white rock mentioned in DPPt.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Cyndaquil's sprite is, I don't know sorta not "cute". Oh well it's still awesome but Cynda looks fat, sorta. :3

The Red Chain

Cyndaquil's sprite is, I don't know sorta not "cute". Oh well it's still awesome but Cynda looks fat, sorta. :3

As much as I love Cyndaquil I have to agree with you.
    It's face just looks... squished sort of.. Cynda being chubby however is normal.

Maybe they will change it up a little bit before the release, if not we'll just have to deal with it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I never thought of it being chubby until now >.> Anyway, do you think the distortion of the picture can having anything to do with it perhaps?

Yes, a Shaymin event for the game would be great, but for some reason I think the White Rock will have a different meaning in Kanto.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, that was brought up because of the white rock mystery. I doubt it'll be in it, but I'm hoping for an explanation on this rock that really is shown in the Hoenn not the Kanto from past games.

Years
  • I call bull. That will only happen under 4 specific conditions:
    pigs will fly
    hell shall freeze over
    we finally get may the 32nd as a day
    I become a mod

Hey, guess what? Swine Flu! (sorry. not funny.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Shaymin in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but I wouldn't care regardless.

I just wish I knew which starter I want. What town I would like to see next is Olivine. ^_^

Back