• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Yeah, my bad for lack of detail. I was referring to the magnet train and the ship you get to travel on after you beat the Johto league and you get to travel back to the Kanto region.

When I played this game for the first time when i was younger I was thrilled, because I didn't know there was another region to beat.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I forgot about both of those. The magnet train doesn't jog any memories, but I can't wait to ride the S.S. Anne again. Battles on the boat are awesome.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • >_> I'm pretty sure a majority of the fans would be pissed, including me.
    Most of us are looking forward to visiting Kanto in HGSS, not Sinnoh. XD

That's a little too much Sinnoh traveling considering Plat was just released.

That's what I was thinking as well. The geography point brought up as well would make it unlikely NOT to go to Kanto. The E4 IS in Kanto after all in GSC :P

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Isn't the S.S. Anne supposed to be in each game? D/P/Pt originally had a plan for it, or just took the items from Pokemon FRLG.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, the ELite Four needs a place, and not having Kanto would be like ruining the remake entirely. There would be half the game missing, half the fun, and half the play...But double the complaints. xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't really know what to think of this remake if the Kanto region wasn't in it. If they have a better storyline for it if they don't include the Kanto the region then maybe everything would be okay. It still wouldn't be like an actual remake if they didn't include the Kanto region though.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    they'd probably stick it in mt. silver.if they do this,they can also make red the champ

I wouldn't really like the idea of that happening, but good thinking. It would be rather cool to have Red as an Elite Champion though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Red is better off as the random guy you find and battle in Mt. Silver, just for nostalgic references. As for the Elite, that goes in Kanto, but this time stronger, bigger, and better.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I just thought of something. Will the dex be caught or seen? I mean for the count. Seeing as the game would be up to date with the current games it would be seen no?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I just thought of something. Will the dex be caught or seen? I mean for the count. Seeing as the game would be up to date with the current games it would be seen no?
    Probably, I suppose, if they want to stick to what they've recently went with. They could go for either though (IMO seen is more... 'likely'), or perhaps they would go for a totally different one instead. Maybe even merely beating the Elite Four would be enough? I don't see them deviating from a dex-related requirement though. If they do though they will be trainers and Pokemon changing as many didn't appear in Johto - well, anything not called Mt Silver, leastways. But I think we could nearly anticipate this already. XD

I wonder what places will get redesigned - some places might extend some, either minorly (judging by Ilex Forest, it's a tad less narrower), or majorily in revamps of the place. Especially if such a thing would occur for the Ice Path... I kinda liked that place and the puzzles it had, personally. But I bet I still remember all too well how to do them. XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I wonder what places will get redesigned - some places might extend some, either minorly (judging by Ilex Forest, it's a tad less narrower), or majorily in revamps of the place. Especially if such a thing would occur for the Ice Path... I kinda liked that place and the puzzles it had, personally. But I bet I still remember all too well how to do them. XD
    The ice bit were you slide around I can do it like *snaps fingers* that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would suppose the "seeing" effect might take play like how it was done in DPPt. I wouldn't mind either, because that means more trainers and a more variety of Pokémon for us to see by trainers and such. It is pretty exciting.

As for teh Ice Path, that I'm sure will look so much frostier than before, and the sliding, gosh I hated it, but I'm going to see if I can remember it when the game comes out. [LoL]

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • I dunno if anybody has seen this, but it's from Serebii.

If you send over the special Pikachu Coloured Pichu obtained from the special 12th movie event given away from June 19th to July 18th, a special event will activate. This event takes place in Ilex Forest. When you go by Celebi's Shrine in Ilex Forest when you have the Pikachu Coloured Pichu in your party, a Notched-Ear Pichu will appear. The further details of this are not yet known. We do not know if it's just a story piece or if it allows access to other Pokémon. We'll bring you more on this as soon as we can.

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    i think rock climb should be used in this game

it is to be aquired in kanto region and helps you gain access to many hidden areas on routes that contain D/P pokemon

Back