• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Does anyone else want the levels of trainers/leaders to be higher?
    Like the highest in the 7th gym was, what, 31?

I think a lot of people are hoping for GameFreak to bring up the levels of the Gyms and Elites, I being one of them. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

BLiGHTNiNG

[HiGH VoLTAGE]
    Years
    I also think it should have a storyline plot to obtain all the starters. Also, they reaally need to throw in the Sevii Islands and/or Orange Islands if they are throwing in Kanto like the original G/S/C. it would give more reason to play the game; (like how they made it so you can catch more Pokemon in D/P/P after beating it.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    We'll see what they do after Johto is completed, but Orange Islands like said many times is an anime based place, and isn't needed in the games.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The Orange Islands shouldn't be in the game as f l a s h said because of its appearance in the anime. I would rather put in the Battle Frontier instead, but who knows what they have in plan for us. They could put in the Orange Islands for all we know. There's always a time for something new.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    @SmashHero24 - There's a whole thread discussing that here.

@BLiGHTNiNG - The OI are anime-based, and with the exception of Yellow, the anime has no bearing on the games. The SI were added to FR/LG to allow the ability to catch Second Generation Pokemon that weren't included in Colo./GoD, so people could complete their Pokedex easier. Since they aren't needed (technically, one can get a complete Pokedex [exceptions made for event Pokemon] without a new area because of previous games), then I doubt that the SI will be included.

Though it might change. Right now, no one can safely say anything about which non-Johto locations will be included.

Except for the Orange Islands.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, Orange Islands are just a no-no for the game. Also, the appearance of the Pokémon may or may not change, like said things are still early to conclude what will stay the same or change.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah, Orange Islands are just a no-no for the game. Also, the appearance of the Pokémon may or may not change, like said things are still early to conclude what will stay the same or change.

I have to agree with you. Also if the Kanto region is going to be in the game and then the Orange Islands, that would be just too much in my opinion.

Years
    I have to agree with you. Also if the Kanto region is going to be in the game and then the Orange Islands, that would be just too much in my opinion.

despite it being anime based, i'd still love if it were included.
    it'd make the game last longer, and would mean 4 more gym badges to get.
    i would also want the return of the battle fronteir, and if i had to choose, i'd choose b/f, but with some of the facilities altered a bit.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I didnt really notice the day/night feature in D/P/Pt but it was one of the GSC features that I loved, much more obvious in GSC

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I didnt really notice the day/night feature in D/P/Pt but it was one of the GSC features that I loved, much more obvious in GSC
    This too. When I used to play Silver, I enjoyed seeing the overworld reflect the time in the game. It was a noticeable change, and I hope to see it make a return in HG/SS, along with the time changes on the battle field that happened in D/P/Pt.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    You can safely say that Kanto will be in the game, they don't just change the geogrpahy of the pokeworld meaning that Johto and Kanto are still connected while Sinnoh and Hoenn are a reasonable trip away.
    The Sevii Islands are a reasonable chance to be inlcuded as the games are considered sequels to FireRed and LeafGreen in the same way that Gold and Silver were considered sequels to Red and Blue/Green.
    As you know Lugia and Ho-oh were both in both Gold and Silver with the only difference being level right? Actually what the creators did was make it so that the level 70 Ho-oh in Silver didn't have Ho-oh's trademark move Sacred Fire and the level 70 Lugia in Gold didn't have Lugia's trademark move Aeroblast. With this now being pointless thanks to move relearners what do you think the creators will do?
    Will they make the legendaries version exclusive? Will they make the level 70s also have their trademark move? or will they just stick with the original system and all you have to do is go to a move relearner in order to get the trademark move for the level 70?

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I loved that feature as well, it was always nice to find out you could find some sort of rare Pokemon at night. I really hope they implement it.

The Red Chain

I loved that feature as well, it was always nice to find out you could find some sort of rare Pokemon at night. I really hope they implement it.

I'm positive they won't leave the night feature out, as some Pokemon you can only get at night in the original GSC, such as Hoothoot and Misdreavus.

Changing that would be far too drastic, and I'm sure Nintendo knows the fans want some nostalgia action.
    Since HG and SS will be counted as 4th Gen games, they will have a ton of features similar to DPPt, which includes the night function.

Last edited:

drifl00n

drifloon master
    Years
    Like a lot of you people on here, I am really glad they are coming out with a remake of gold and silver. Honestly, I think/hope everything is pretty much the same, but they should add some more to the storyline. I always hated going through the Goldenrod city radio tower when Team Rocket took over hahaha. Plus, Gold, Silver and Crystal was always my favorite game :]

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I doubt there's any chance it won't be implemented since it was in both D/P/Pt and G/S/C but I am hoping that they make some slight improvments on the D/P/Pt model as the difference between Night and Day/Morning was hardly noticable in D/P/Pt

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    i think hgss would be more similar in appearance in dppt. i heard that it'll be using same engine or system used in dppt.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i think hgss would be more similar in appearance in dppt. i heard that it'll be using same engine or system used in dppt.

Well it could be a possibility, but I am sure they will make a few changes to the game. Maybe they'll keep the Day and Night system just like DPPT's and I wouldn't mind that.

The Red Chain

Maybe they'll keep the Day and Night system just like DPPT's and I wouldn't mind that.

... I don't see where the maybe is coming from.

DPPt & HGSS = Same Gen.
    As I've said above, DPPt had the night feature, so why wouldn't HGSS have it?

Sorry if I sound a little rude, I just don't understand why you have doubt.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ... I don't see where the maybe is coming from.

DPPt & HGSS = Same Gen.
    As I've said above, DPPt had the night feature, so why wouldn't HGSS have it?

Sorry if I sound a little rude, I just don't understand why you have doubt.

Well you never know where Nintendo will come out from with the Day and Night system. They could change the system a bit to where HeartGold and SoulSilver have their own dusk, night, morning, etc. look, so it wouldn't have to be the same as DPPT's own. Of course we'll probably notice what they'll do if they give us more pictures on cities/towns as I have said before.

The Red Chain

Well you never know where Nintendo will come out from with the Day and Night system. They could change the system a bit to where HeartGold and SoulSilver have their own dusk, night, morning, etc. look, so it wouldn't have to be the same as DPPT's own. Of course we'll probably notice what they'll do if they give us more pictures on cities/towns as I have said before.

Oh I see now.. you meant the look.

There is only so much you can change about that though.. DPPt covers all of the obvious time changes in scenery.. such as colors and brightness.
    What else is there to alter? Any ideas?

Back