• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd love to see part of the Orange Islands appear.
    Anime only. While the anime did have some influence on the games (Yellow, for instance), it's not enough of an influence to have an entire anime-only region, or even parts of, in the games. If there are islands included in the games, then it would be either the Sevii Islands, which were already included with game!Kanto, or a new place.

I would also just hate to have that thing in FRLG where you can't obtain any Generation III Pokémon without trading! Uggggghhhhhh, no one trades that much! Just have them in the wild!
    One of the main advertising points of Pokemon was the trading aspect. (Even as far back as R/B days, the majority of advertising was towards trading with friends to get all the Pokemon.) It's why they have version-exclusive Pokemon that can only be gotten through trading.

Besides, there would have to be some really great reason as to why all the Hoenn Pokemon (and Sinnoh Pokemon, since that would also involve trading!) all of a sudden appear an ocean away in an entirely different region.

Besides, forcing the player to buy the other games, the other systems, the way to hook up, if they don't have any friends that play Pokemon or Wi-Fi capabilities, means more money for Nintendo.

Years
  • i want a team rocket event there, as there werent many "minor" enounters with them in GSC, the only minor one i can think of being at the slowpoke well.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • GS/SS Extended Story Line?

There has been some speculation on an extended story line from the orignal G/S. What do you think of this? What story extentions would you like to see?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged threads regarding the GTS, Ruins of Alph and the possibility of an extended storyline here, as they all come under speculation - which is what this thread is for.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The GTS, I can totally see coming back. I mean it wouldn't make sense starting it in DPPt, and not continuing it. A lot of people now depend on it to get Pokémon they have seen and want. It is definitely a building I can see going in Goldenrod City. Though, it makes me wonder if they'll have it available in Johto or in Kanto. A place for Kanto would be in Vermilion City where the man and his Machop were planning to build something back in RBGY and FRLG. It is a possibility that they may finally use that spot for something and actually show after three years the man finally made success!

The Ruins of Alph definitely does need more to it. A lot of people remember the place, but they always remember the location with nothing much for the game. By this I mean, it was there, but it wasn't really utilized with full advantage for the game. I agree, if they twist this in with the storyline, it'll be a plus. Even if they allow it to be the location to start going underground as someone stated before would be nice. I'd like to remember the ruins for something more than what it achieved in the orignal Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

As for the extended storyline, I'm not sure where you heard this. Though, I'll definitely like a plot to be extended more to the Kanto region. The place shrunk in the original and had nothing to do but get a few items, battle the gyms, and beat the Elite. The storyline needs to continue. Whether it be the return of Team Rocket with Giovanni taking back his place as head of the Rocket gang or something. It is a possibility, and one failure doesn't mean they cannot try again for a second attempt. I'm hoping an extended storyline does come to the surface and remains true as it would be very nice indeed. I know it'll keep me and other lovers for the remakes and originals occupied over other games I would think.

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
  • Red wants to battle!

I wonder. Red. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, Red was based on the Yellow Red, having Pikachu and the three starters. Gold/Silver/Crystal were sequels to Red/Blue/Yellow.

Ok. HeartGold/SoulSilver are sequels to LeafGreen/FireRed. However, in those games there was not a Yellow equivalent. So the Yellow Red doesn't exist here.

So... how may be the final battle with Red? Will he still be based in a distant Yellow version's Red, or not, since he didn't exist in Generation 3?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    I wonder. Red. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, Red was based on the Yellow Red, having Pikachu and the three starters. Gold/Silver/Crystal were sequels to Red/Blue/Yellow.

Ok. HeartGold/SoulSilver are sequels to LeafGreen/FireRed. However, in those games there was not a Yellow equivalent. So the Yellow Red doesn't exist here.

So... how may be the final battle with Red? Will he still be based in a distant Yellow version's Red, or not, since he didn't exist in Generation 3?
    HG/SS are more remakes than they are sequels, so I would think Red's team would remain the same as it is in the original.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • oh i remember red he was a real prick in meh opinion.

but i hope the keep him he was a good challenge and fun to battle for lvling up reasons

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think it will still be Red, it was a very fun part of the game. Battling Red and Blue was the only real thrill in going back to Kanto. I like how Red was a challenge because his pokemon were at high levels and you had to train to defeat him. I hope that his pokemon are stronger in HG and SS as well. Should hopefully be a great ending to what will hopefully be an alive Kanto region.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • I think Red will have the same team. The battle V.S. Red was a really hard challenge, especially his Snorlax made me problems. Red was the hardest battle till now, i think, or? I hope, that he will be in HG/SS as hard as in G/S/C.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • If they change him, it will instantly make this game a massive bucket of garbage. You can't change the best fight at the end, the strongest guy in all of the land, with one of the highest level team and all the different types, they just CAN'T change him.

Years
  • They shouldn't change Red at all. In fact, they should even give him the same exact sprite as the one in GSC. I do not want to see FrLg Red. That's a rip off. I want to see Classic Red. Open jacket, hat, everything. Keep his Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Espeon and Snorlax. If anything, raise the levels to knock Barry out of the water. Red needs to be back on top.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • I would think that would stay the same for the most part with maybe a couple team changes (since its a new game)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Hmm. The first "real" trainer with a level 100 pokemon... Now there's a thought...

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    i think reds too easy this is my team
    lv100typhlosion
    lv99noctowl
    lv99arbok
    lv99ampharos
    lv100crobat
    lv100mew

note:i got mew with a gameshark

oops did i write ampharos it was suppose to be pikachu i nicknamed all of my pokemon like reds

in lg i have the same team red has in the manga

hey guys where do i find magcargo in lg

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged thread regarding Red here, as it comes under speculation. Also, make sure your posts stay on topic, people.

I would like to see Red back with more or less the same team, although I wouldn't mind too much, as long as there is someone there in Mt Silver. I just liked the idea of it, really.

Years
  • To me, Red was the long-held goal for completing G/S/C. Although not strictly the end of the game (I mean, you can still basically do everything you did before), it gives a true sense of completion.
    I personally think they will give Red his FRLG attire. Yes, while it would be very nostalgic to hav him wear the older clothes, it just seems to fit. Somebody above raised the fact that the Yellow (Red) sprite was used, and that there was no Yellow remake. It was still Red, the character we played as, so I believe he'll just be wearing the FRLG outfit.
    Also, somebody raised the fact that we now have a girl called Blue (no, wait.. Green.) to take into consideration. I believe something'll be done. Perhaps if you play as a girl, you battle Green, or if you play as a boy you battle Red. Seems a bit unlikely, but i'd like to see Green tied into the game somehow. She does exist now, for one thing.

Years
  • they're obviously going to update his looks, so don't get your hopes up about having the same sprite that was used in GSC, i, for one, don't want that, i want the red from FR/LG, as these games are the sequel to them.
    i think a double battle against red & "green" would be cool for the end, so it'd be gold & "soul" against them, or silver, and they could be your partner going through mt silver.

Back