• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    I want stuff to do in the Kanto Region, I want Kanto Gym Leaders to be part of more events and quests for example.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Mind boggler time!
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Growlithe is at 129.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Johto_Dex_number
    Growlithe was ar 127 before. What 2 Pokemon where added?
    Woot! GG on realizing that!

The only guess you'll get from me is "we'll have the damn new evos/pre-evos from G3/4$$!@%!@#$.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well technically lapras is also down 5 space from 219 to 224 so that leaves 5 spaces. Best guess right now is 5 different Pokemon will be added are:
    Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Ambipom, Yanmega, and Mamoswine.
    Makes sense no? Also I would love Whitney with a LickyLicky and Ambipom and Bugsy with a Yanmega. Not to mention Pryce and Mamo.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Unless they switched around the Dex orders as well, not all of the evos/preevos are going to be in the game. Growlithe is only pushed down by two, and in the dex before it, there's the Togepi, Yanma, Wobbuffet, and Magnemite lines, all of which got new members post-2nd gen and would push Growlithe down by four instead. So they probably either only added some new members or just changed around the order a bit.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Daycare

Unlike all other pokemon games, in G/S/C You could see the spirtes of the pokemon you put in the daycare, I know it would be harder now as each pkm has their own sprite but I would like to see it on HG/SS.
    Do you guys think they'll include this feature?

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I made a thread like this a few months ago saying that Pokemon should be visible within the daycare. This could be possible for HG/SS

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Maybe. The thing I'm wondering about is if they give you the egg that will hatch into either a Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue, or Smoochum.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I made a thread like this a few months ago saying that Pokemon should be visible within the daycare. This could be possible for HG/SS

Yeah, I missed this feature and HG/SS is the perfect time for this feature to return, and maybe improved I.e. the also move.
    Maybe. The thing I'm wondering about is if they give you the egg that will hatch into either a Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue, or Smoochum.
    Or Pichu.
    Also, it had a high chance of being shiny, but since that was in Crystal only, it maybe not be in HG/SS unless they make a Crystal remake aswell.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged thread speculating on whether you can see Daycare Pokemon or not with the Speculation thread.

I'd say that as all Pokemon can follow you (check the info thread and screenshots if you didn't know this) and hence sprites for each one are already made, they quite possibly will be visitable in the Daycare.
    Also, it had a high chance of being shiny, but since that was in Crystal only, it maybe not be in HG/SS unless they make a Crystal remake aswell.
    A Crystal remake is rather unlikely at this stage, because it's actually more likely they'd put the Odd Egg in HG/SS. After all, other Crystal-only features - namely the Suicune subplot and Eusine, and Battle Tower are in. One could nearly call HG/SS Crystal remakes (after all, GS were pretty similar to Crystal, when you get down to it, and the two biggest 'features' Crystal had are in HG/SS).

Iced

Aspiration
    Years
  • As we know, your starter pokemon will follow you. It would be sweet if any first slot pokemon could follow you though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, I missed this feature and HG/SS is the perfect time for this feature to return, and maybe improved I.e. the also move.

Or Pichu.
    Obviously this feature is gonna return,
    since all 493 can follow the trainer,
    means all OW sprites are available in HG/SS.

I think this feature will be back as well,
    since it is speculated that HG/SS will follow the story line of Crystal,
    due to Eusine's reappearance.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • The Daycare feature will probably return since, as stated, it's no extra programming work since every Pokemon already has its own unique overworld sprite due to the following feature.

As for the Odd Egg returning, I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance that it'll happen. I do hope that even if they choose not to bring back the shiny feature, that you can have each of the babies with Dizzy Punch. That early in the game it's a fairly powerful move and can make defeating things easier. Plus I'm a sucker for special moves :P

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Professor Rowan

I just started a new file on my Platinum and noticed the program that you are watching on the T.V. It says that Rowan has just returned from the KANTO region.

I remembered that these games are to take place just before the events in Sinnoh (you witness Arceus create/awaken the three main legendaries). I think that Rowan will be found in Kanto along with Oak, possibly for some new Kanto quest.

Thoughts/ideas?

Back