• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Yes, Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be compatible with DPPt for trading and Wifi and the whole works.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    TO ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE CLAIMING THAT THE KANTO MAP IS A FAKE:

Spoiler:

However, if you look at a pic from serebii, showing the whole Johto map, you will see that there is a strip of land behind New Bark Town. This may possibly be the route to that cave that lead to Kanto.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I'm excited that there's a new Safari Zone, but I guess that pretty much confirms that Fucshia's (I can never spell that word) will be gone once again. I guess they COULD have 2 Safari Zones, but that and the Bug Catching Contest would be a little much, and they'd have to do something special to make them different. I wouldn't mind having 2, but.. I still doubt it'll happen.

I am excited that all of the other stuff is coming back though, especially the apricorns and bug-catching contest. I wonder if they'll add in new Bugs when you get the National Dex and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    I am excited that all of the other stuff is coming back though, especially the apricorns and bug-catching contest. I wonder if they'll add in new Bugs when you get the National Dex and stuff.

That is a good thought. They definitely should add new bugs to the contest after the National Dex.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wish Bug Contests were online though, but I guess you cant ask for too much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

Spoiler:

However, if you look at a pic from serebii, showing the whole Johto map, you will see that there is a strip of land behind New Bark Town. This may possibly be the route to that cave that lead to Kanto.

I'm excited that there's a new Safari Zone, but I guess that pretty much confirms that Fucshia's (I can never spell that word) will be gone once again. I guess they COULD have 2 Safari Zones, but that and the Bug Catching Contest would be a little much, and they'd have to do something special to make them different. I wouldn't mind having 2, but.. I still doubt it'll happen.

HmmmI don't really get it... I mean, why not instead revive the Fuschia one? Or are they trying to tell us that the Warden had moved to Cianwood...?

I wish Bug Contests were online though, but I guess you cant ask for too much.
    Or at least wireless Bug Contest, so we could have a Bug Contest with our friends. But considering how difficult it make on the techincal part, well I guess it wouldn't happen at all.

Spoiler:

The map is/or might be fake. But Kanto will be returning to Hg/Ss, confirmed by Pokemon Sunday and CoroCoro game magazine.

Last edited:

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • HmmmI don't really get it... I mean, why not instead revive the Fuschia one? Or are they trying to tell us that the Warden had moved to Cianwood...?

Well since the Safari Zone in Cianwood was closed in G/S/C, they may keep the change from the old games, and just replace the safari zone with a new one near Cianwood.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Bug catching online might be a little tough. You'd have to actually wait out the full 20 minutes instead of skipping to the end (well, I know I did that, dunno about the rest of you), and it'd be much easier to tie if it's still that the only determining factors are species and level.

I meant it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have 2 Safari Zones, and since the one in Cianwood is confirmed, Fuschia's will probably remain closed.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • I wonder if there will be a pal park in this game?
    And I wonder what areas will be in the new frontier?
    I hope they don't include the Battle Factory, but I think it would be great if they included the Battle Stage or whatever its name was.
    Maybe they will have the same facilities as Platinum, as that would enable more wireless functionality (ie co-op with a friend in one of the facilities, across the different games).

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I agree. There doesn't need to be a Safari Zone in Kanto. They probably transported all the Safari Pokemon from Fuchsia to Cianwood.

Seeing how One of the Screenshots had a Sandshrew, I'd have to say that the Johto Safari Zone will not have all of the same Pokemon the Kanto Safari Zone had.

I'm personally hoping for a Pre-E4 Slugma in the Safari Zone, as Magcargo is my favorite Fire Type EVER!

And having Houndour and Murkrow(The other Kanto-Only 2nd Gen Pokemon) there wouldn't hurt, either.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I meant it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have 2 Safari Zones, and since the one in Cianwood is confirmed, Fuschia's will probably remain closed.
    I agree, but I don't think there's a need for the Johto one. Instead the Fuschia one should stay.

I wonder if there will be a pal park in this game?
    And I wonder what areas will be in the new frontier?
    I hope they don't include the Battle Factory, but I think it would be great if they included the Battle Stage or whatever its name was.
    Maybe they will have the same facilities as Platinum, as that would enable more wireless functionality (ie co-op with a friend in one of the facilities, across the different games).
    No if there is CoroCoro should have report it earlier and since there is no dual shot for DSi(though Hg/Ss not exclusively DSi games), it is commomly thought that there are no more dual slot bonuses.

Well maybe Battle Tower will still be included, since it is the signature of Battle Frontier.
    Seeing how One of the Screenshots had a Sandshrew, I'd have to say that the Johto Safari Zone will not have all of the same Pokemon the Kanto Safari Zone had.

I'm personally hoping for a Pre-E4 Slugma in the Safari Zone, as Magcargo is my favorite Fire Type EVER!

And having Houndour and Murkrow(The other Kanto-Only 2nd Gen Pokemon) there wouldn't hurt, either.
    Well, hopefully Houndour, Slugma and Murkrow can be caught in Safari, since they should be appearing in Johto as they were introduce in Gen II.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • GTS? Maybe it will build on One Island - The Pokemon Net Center might change into Pokemon GTS Center, or build on some additional places?

Surely I can't be the only one who's forgotten the Goldenrod PCC? My guess is that Gamefreak will stick with that for GTS/Wi-Fi. And, perhaps, the GS Ball event too... maybe something to do with the Pokéwalker?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Surely I can't be the only one who's forgotten the Goldenrod PCC? My guess is that Gamefreak will stick with that for GTS/Wi-Fi. And, perhaps, the GS Ball event too... maybe something to do with the Pokéwalker?
    Oh that reply of mine was kinda long ago. =P
    Anyway that's what I'm talking about,
    if you had played the original Japanese Crystal version,
    the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod in Goldenrod is called, "Pokemon Net Center".
    (Name and interior had striking resemblance to the one in Fr/Lg in One Island.)
    So there's 50% possibility that this center will be reappearing in Hg/Ss.

Well about the PokeWalker,
    I think that device had nothing to do with the main storyline, it's just optional for the users if they want to use it.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I agree, but I don't think there's a need for the Johto one. Instead the Fuschia one should stay.

Well, while I was reading up some more information on this, I did notice that in the original Gold and Silver they said that the Safari Warden had moved, meaning the Fuschia City Safari had to be closed and moved. With this being said, it would mean the Warden had ended up moving to Johto placing his new Safari in the area west of Cianwood City.

I like the concept of the new Safari though, and it allows us to enter it earlier in the game rather than having to wait until we arrive to Kanto. Not to mention, the idea of the customiation and easy access to each area makes it a lot easier on the step count. So, a bit of change to this might have been needed, but we'll see how it plays out in the end.

Other than this, I like all the extra features I've read about so far, such as the new Pokéthlon and even the return of apricorns and the special Johto balls. Also, seeing as the Red Gyarados is back I think it pretty much supports the idea of Johto's original plot. It is also great to have it back too, rather than being altered into something other than what is was before.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Hey, I have a question. Anyone knows how and if a Pokemon who levels using the Pokewalker will earn EVs?

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    What's a Pokewalker? Something to do with your character travelling I guess?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    The pokewalker is a new item that will come in the box of both HG and SS. It is a pedometer in the shape of a pokeball in which a person can transfer over one of their pokemon from HG or SS onto the device. Like a normal pedometer, it counts your steps but one step equals one EXP. point for the pokemon you have transfered over. You can also obtain items and catch pokemon on the Pokewalker.

Back