• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Oh I guess I didn't notice that in DPPt. I suppose it'd make sense for them to keep that feature, then. But GSC had the most weekly features by far, so I hope all (or most) come back in HgSs.
    Yeah! Weekly and daily events help keep a person playing the game---not just beating the Elite Four and putting the game down. Now of course there are other things too, like a post-story (Kanto for instance, or in D/P/Pt, the Battle Zone). But I did like the weekly features. (Plus is will be in real time with the DS and DSi real-time clocks.)

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    I assume that they'll add new events, or at least I hope that they add some new Weekly based events. I hope they keep the one day wait on the Pokeballs from Kurt. OH this just got me thinking, are they still gonna do the Radio Lottery?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Well the Lottery itself has been in like every game since GSC, so at least that will probably return. I can't see why they'd remove the radio portion, since the radio is going to be in the game anyway, right?

Also for Kurt's I'd rather it's like Crystal and you can give him unlimited Apricorns from just one color.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    This thread is probably not the best place to post such a question, but... If I remember correctly, Growlithe could only be caught in Gold, so no, you can't get it in SS.

Years
  • I wonder if Eevee will have to be traded to DPPt to get Glaceon and Leafeon or if there will be a similar stone in Ilex Forest or Ice Path.

And Pokemon Movie 3 was last in theater as far as I know.

Gonna be strange fighting Koffing this time round. No Ground moves.
    I still miss Water Gun Phanpy...

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Haha, I loved all those random moves that made no sense that the Kanto/Johto Pokemon could learn way back when. It'd be kind of cool if they returned but kind of useless :P

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
  • FINALLY a remake for this game!, I always wanted that they make a remake for this game since Firered and Leafgreen appeared and now is finally true. I hope you can go back to kanto too when you finish the first part, like in the original, it would be like two remakes in one! Ohh and I hope this time they include Pokemon Contests, cause in FR/LF they were absent, despite their successfull introducction in the originals Ruby and Sapphire, dont you think?

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • FINALLY a remake for this game!, I always wanted that they make a remake for this game since Firered and Leafgreen appeared and now is finally true. I hope you can go back to kanto too when you finish the first part, like in the original, it would be like two remakes in one! Ohh and I hope this time they include Pokemon Contests, cause in FR/LF they were absent, despite their successfull introducction in the originals Ruby and Sapphire, dont you think?
    Yes.....there is Kanto. And because of the Pokethlon, I have to assume there will be no contests.

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
  • youre a bit late charmander, as the games are only 4 days away from release in japan.
    also as a side note, although not entirely speculation, i noticed that in the platinum pokemon centres, there's a gold and silver ball in the center, a cheeky reference to the upcoming games?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Oh I guess I didn't notice that in DPPt. I suppose it'd make sense for them to keep that feature, then. But GSC had the most weekly features by far, so I hope all (or most) come back in HgSs.

Also to note, because with the DS and DSi players can change the time and date in their game manually, unlike in the original Gold and Silver, we will be able to skip ahead in real time for the game and do the weekly events as much as desired because of this option to shortcut the system.

Why did this get un-stickied? Because the game is only five days away?

Yes, because the game is near to release then information on speculations will be answered. With this being said speculations on the game will no longer be needed, but instead discussion on what is finally confirmed on the game will be more major.

Therefore, we have the Speculations thread unstickied and the new Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread and the Game Release Information Thread stickied and will be opened once information starts coming in.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I wonder who will be the biggest information analyzer for us. Hopefully Jake will translate enough information for us since I gather he does know Japanese.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • You COULD change your time in GS (but not Crystal), but if you abused it too much it could kill your file/battery faster, so it wasn't a good idea :P. Also I know in DPPt when you changed, certain events were blocked for 24 hours, so I'm guessing that will happen in HgSs as well, preventing total abuse of the system (though there are still very easy ways to get around it..)

Also glad to see I'm not the only one who kind of went "wut where did the thread go??"

meganium14

ROFL
    Years
  • i cant wait for the english version to come out im getting the japanese version. if some one can tell me the english release date thanks alot. and i know its supposed to come out in spring i cant wait that long. thats 6 months away id rather get the jap version.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • i cant wait for the english version to come out im getting the japanese version. if some one can tell me the english release date thanks alot. and i know its supposed to come out in spring i cant wait that long. thats 6 months away id rather get the jap version.

Patience is a virtue, though nothing stops us from pre-ordering the Japanese version. However, all that is known about the release is that it will be in Spring. No specific month or date has been given out as yet until further notice. This is where the waiting games comes into play and patience is tested.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Patience is a virtue, though nothing stops us from pre-ordering the Japanese version. However, all that is known about the release is that it will be in Spring. No specific month or date has been given out as yet until further notice. This is where the waiting games comes into play and patience is tested.

True. And I think its better to wait, too, because you only end up paying for the English version(s). Plus, practicing patience teaches patience. I find it became easier to wait after Diamond and Pearl. Honestly, I waited about 2 years for it and I was younger then---2 years seemed more like 5-10 years. So waiting through the fall and winter (half a year) isn't that bad, eh? Plus when it comes, I will be excited that not only do I have (both) HeatGold and SoulSilver, but the school year is also drawing to the end. :)

On the topic of HeartGold/SoulSilver gameplay... I wonder what they will name the "new girl" (Kotone) in the U.S. and other version. I doubt they would leave it Kotone. All of the other girls had Japanese and American names. (For instance: Hakari - Dawn)

PS: I hope "Spring" means March 21! xD

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    youre a bit late charmander, as the games are only 4 days away from release in japan.
    also as a side note, although not entirely speculation, i noticed that in the platinum pokemon centres, there's a gold and silver ball in the center, a cheeky reference to the upcoming games?
    There are tons of references to Johto there. Togepi's egg, the Steel gym leader in Sinnoh, this one, day/night coming back the way they used to be in GSC (a reference for me), 1 gen after FRLG (again, a reference for me) etc. There's even a reference to Kanto being upgraded as far as I understood in another thread (something about a White Stone was said in DPPt, and they said it's in Kanto).

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Hey guys, i was watching a few of the old Pokemon Sunday videos for HG/SS and while watching one of them (bare in mind it was a poor quality video) i saw what looked like wind blowing, there was white lines flying above the player and it seemed like wind, do you think this could mean we'll be seeing random weather effects in the game, also sorry if this is common knowledge i only just saw it.

Back