• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Epic Win moment: On my way to Cinwood, I met yet another trainer, eager for battle. After taking care of her first two goldeen, I was prepared to take down her seeking with my togapi. So I hit her with an extrasesory move, and she retaliates with a horn attack, deeply wounding my Togapi. Knowing I had no real hope winning this round, I used metronome for the heck of it. To my surprise, it used volt tackle, obliterating the Seeking, then fainting. To my bigger surprise, it evolved. When fainted. I didn't know it could do that.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    @Star Girl: Thanks.

I'm what you call wandering. I'm too lazy to train Dratiny and capture Lugia. Also, I don't know what to do for my Pokemon team which is unlike me, usually I plan before hand. My team consist of Typhlosion at lvl 41, an Ampharos at lvl 40, and a red Gyarados at lvl 40. Training Dratiny as my main flying Pokemon. I actually planned for Honchkrow but no dusk stone. Considering Tyrogue and goes at whatever he evolved too, then found out that I have to go to, as bulbapedia says, 'one of the most confusing mountains ever.'No thanks. Thought of training Eevee as Umbreon, since Umbreon is the only Eeveeelution I never got, but I was never the defensive type. All of my Pokemon's moves are offensive. Then realized you can get Larvitar at the Safari Zone, I'm now there and taking the Safari ownership challenge.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    i underestimated the kimono grils, they were tough. :o

anyways, i'm saved right in front of ho-oh now, just need to keep resetting to get decent IVs and nature.

Years
    SoulSilver update:

I went through the Elite Four, and when I got to Lance, I knew it was going to be a tough battle! He has an impressive team of Dragon-type Pokemon! I was so excited when I defeated him.

Now I am traveling throughout Kanto, to the different Gyms.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    Today I went up against the Elite 4. I made it to Lance. i have a question: Why in the world does lance have 3 dragonite. What ever happened to variety? :P

So now, I'm gonna train a Swinub that I caught at the Ice Path to a Mamoswine. I think I may replace Gyrados with it because that is why I chose to use Gyrados. But it failed me. I can't believe I actually used Lugia. I never use Legends in the games, but I figured I would this time since I had no flying Pokemon and no water Pokemon. I may replace Lugia with a Skarmory and get a Lapras instead of Mamoswine. IDK.

Years
    I've raised a Bellsprout before, I would suggest waiting until it learns Razor Leaf at level 39 before you evolve it as Victreebel doesn't learn any more moves until it learns Leaf Storm at Level 47, you could evolve it before level 39 if you have a decent grass type tm you can teach it (e.g Solar beam, Grass Knot etc)

Progress Update:

I haven't made alot of progress since yesterday as I found the Game Corner and have been addicted to the Voltorb Flip game, I also won the stamina event at the Pokeathlon with my Steelix, I lost the Speed event there though, I battled all of the trainers in the underground and eventually made my way to Ectruteak City.

When I arrived in Ecruteak city I spoke to Bill at the Pokemon Centre and healed my pokemon, after that I headed to the Kimono Girl's place and battled the Rocket Grunt there, I went to the burned tower after that where I spoke to Eusine and Morty, I battled the rival and headed down to the basement where I encountered the three legendary dogs, I spoke to Eusine again and finally left the tower.

I headed to the gym and battled all of the trainers in there, I lost to Morty (unsurprising considering I didn't heal beforehand), I'm going to train my team to level 27 tomorrow and try again.

My Team;

Quilava Lv24
    Sunflora Lv23
    Misdreavus Lv24
    Steelix Lv23

WRONG.

Victreebel learns Leaf Blade in HG/SS at Level 47, not Leaf Storm.

Also, I recommend doing whatever you want. If you want to evolve Weepinbell like I did, then go for it.

Also, Quilava and Pidgeotto evolved today, in Cliff's Cave. Thank God Golbat, Machoke, Misdreavus, Steelix, and Kingler give awesome experience!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    i thought i should share this here, instead of making a new thread

Yesterday, my friend ross was playing his SS and while training his Flaafy, he encountered Shiny Entei. Many lolz where had
    And my friend jack, also playing SS, got lance down to his last pokemon, Charizard, and all he had left was a higher level feraligator with like 43 hp. Uses aqua tail and i shout "YOU WONT DO IT THOUGH", and aqua tail misses. More lolz where had

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    man that was intense...

well i got soulsilver on thrusday and today just an hour ago i beat the pokemon league.

it was easy until i hit the champion....

those damn dragonites D:< i could not kill them for nothing since my electric type was too weak and i had no ice, but i did it,then i ran out of revives and potions all my pkemon fainted except for lugia i ws fighting lance's last pokemon...charizard

i used hydro pump and missed 3 times then used fly then hydro again,landed a hit but i was in the red so was his pokemon. he was about to kill me but missed (thank god) i used mny last hydro pump and killed him! YESHHHH~ i was sooo happy

i just wanted to share that

btw my team was
    umbreon-47
    typhosion-51
    lugia-47
    ampharos-44
    gyarados-35

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    That reminds me of when my friend was playing the original silver. Dragonite used Rain Dance, and he goes "What a waste!" and then Lance's Dragonite used Thunder and he went "Oh f***! I see now..."

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Earlier tonight, I was in the safari zone looking for larvitar, and I finally catch it! Then I go to the rocky beach area, and catch a slowbro that was holding a kings rock(5% chance of hold), AND a lapras!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ѕσυℓ - merged your thread with the travel journal sticky as this one is meant to be the pleace to post your progress in. =P

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    At the moment, I am SRing for a decent Entei (and possibly a decent Raikou if I get one too). I got a really good Modest one just now, but the Hidden Power seemed a little weak. :/

Prior to that, I caught a decent Jolly Stantler with Intimidate this morning. I nicknamed him Jason, and I will likely use him, unless I find an even better Tauros.

Current team:

Marie (Timid Smoochum) - Lv. 18
    Luke (Relaxed Pineco) - Lv. 19
    Jason (Jolly Stantler) - Lv. 15
    Hikozaru (Japanese Bold Chimchar; for beast hunting purposes ONLY) - Lv. 38

Last edited:

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    I finally got the game! i was so excited to play!

I started with Cyndaquil male and named him Pyros.
    I battled my Rival Lavir.
    I caught a pidgey i named Axl
    I made it through sprout tower with my team of:
    Cyndaquil (Pyros) Mareep(Shepard) Rattata(HM Hore 1)
    Unknown, Onix (Rocky) and Pidgey (Axl)
    I beat every Trainer leading up to Falkner and saved (infront of him Just in Case).

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Well, my first entry here, and I'm just about to head through the Ice Cave. My pokemon are a bit under leveled 'cause I haven't chosen a team to stick with yet. Until now, that is. :D I managed to come across a Larvitar in the Safari Zone, so I added it my party as well as a Tauros. My team right now is:

Magmar lv 32
    Larvitar lv 15
    Tauros lv 5
    Poliwhirl 32
    Hypno lv 32
    Pidgeotto lv 32

Got rid of Meganium and Arbok. Still looking for a Water Stone. :/

Changed my team once again. Got rid of everyone aside from Magmar and Larvitar. Team looks like this now:

Scyther lv 35
    Magmar lv 34
    Larvitar lv 34
    Lapras lv 33
    Skarmory lv 34

Well, I managed to beat Clair with some serious luck. :D Had nothing to get rid of that annoying Gyarados, and only managed to beat her Kingdra thanks to my Lapras' Perish song. :laugh:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm training my Pokemon right now to level 40. Then I'll go through the Dragon's Den and continue with the story!
    Lv. 40
    Fire Blast / Swift / Flame Wheel / Lava Plume
    Lv. 40
    Thunder Punch / Headbutt / Discharge / Thunder
    Lv. 40
    Body Slam / Surf / Bounce / Ice Beam
    Lv. 38
    Absorb / Mega Drain / Acid / SolarBeam
    Lv. 40
    Fly / AncientPower / Extrasensory / Metronome

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    So I've been working on leveling up, mostly.

The levels stand at:

Kureno (male Totodile): Level 30
    Hiyoko (female Togetic): Level 25
    Kireme (male Sandslash): Level 30
    Rena (female Bellossom): Level 26
    Inferno (female Flareon): Level 25

Zutori is still non-existent due to me not being able to catch Natus since I don't have Morty's badge yet. That's why I'm training this far!

I've been hearing about people only being level 40 by the time they get to Clair, so I'm aiming for level 60 by the time I get to her! And then after that, level 70 before the Elite Four!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Anthony XXXXXX's journal entry #2

Today, I started out unlocking a new course, Dim Cave (PKWalker). Then, me and my Pkmn messed around. Saved.
    Then, I went to Ecucreak City. Fought the Rocket Grunt who tries to force dances on Kimono Girls.
    Met the obsessed Eusine, and kicked Rival Isaiah's butt using Flaafy, Bayleef, Crocanaw and Pidgeotto. Met the legendary beasts.
    Then grinded Crocanaw using the PKWalker, and grinded others.

Beat Morty (it was a hard battle), and left Ecucreak.

Now looking for a Miltank.

(But found a Snubbull. It hardly appears!)

Back