• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    I'm on Route 38 right now. Also, I'm debating something, so someone help me out here!

I'm wanting to use all Johto-Pokemon, but should I evolve my Togetic? I have a Shiny Stone I traded from Platinum and I'm wondering whether I should use it since Togekiss has a nice moveset and all.

Togetic's moveset right now is:
    Fly
    Extrasensory
    Metronome
    Shock Wave

And unfortunately, Hiyoko has the Hustle ability, which isn't very good for Fly. I was thinking I might teach Fly to Zutori instead, if I could replace something. I'd like to keep Shock Wave for any Gyarados I might face since I'm going to be teaching Kureno Dragon Claw once I evolve him.

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Yeah I reccommend you do evolve into Togekiss since its a heck of a Pokemon =3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For anyone that answers:

What should I evolve my Gloom into? I can't decide which is better for my team (in signature).

Also, should I evolve my Togetic?

And finally, what levels should my team be at going into the E4?

Ikitsumi

Years
    For anyone that answers:

What should I evolve my Gloom into? I can't decide which is better for my team (in signature).

Also, should I evolve my Togetic?

And finally, what levels should my team be at going into the E4?

Personally, I evolved my Gloom into a Bellossom because I could use the Move Tutor to teach it Leaf Blade, which is a rare Grass-type move that's also pretty powerful.

I'm also trying to debate whether to evolve my Togetic too!!! @___@

I'm aiming for level 70 before the Elite Four. I'm not sure about how hard the Indigo Plateau is in this game, but I always take precautions because Cynthia decimated me in Platinum when I was below those levels.

Steezz

"I'm on a Boat!"
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    Well, beat Red today, and got Kanto and Hoenn Starters.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    1. Vileploom
    2. Yes you should
    3. Around Lv55

Personally, I evolved my Gloom into a Bellossom because I could use the Move Tutor to teach it Leaf Blade, which is a rare Grass-type move that's also pretty powerful.

I'm aiming for level 70 before the Elite Four. I'm not sure about how hard the Indigo Plateau is in this game, but I always take precautions because Cynthia decimated me in Platinum when I was below those levels.

Haha :) Mixed suggestions :P
    For Gloom I guess I'll still think about it. I was originally going for all Johto so I might lean towards Bellossom.
    I think I'll evolve Togetic for the strenght and help it will give me.
    And I guess I'll level them up past 55. The highest level is like 50 I think.

Ikitsumi

Years
    I went and evolved my Togetic too. -w-

I'm also adjusting the movesets on my team. I had Kireme forget Strength to relearn Headbutt and I'll let Inferno keep Headbutt and learn Strength.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years

You really don't have too, I mean the highest level the champion has is like 51, and all you need is a good pokemon with a strong ice move. The levels for HG/SS are alot lower then sinnoh's, generally because after e4 we still got 8 more gym badges, and red. you could probably beat the e4 with a team of 45-50's, On my old save I got to the champion with 2 pokemon at lvl 46 and 48, and then nearly beat him, so I mean you really don't need too many levles.

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
    O.O That's the highest level teh champ has? Just train Entei, Raikou, and Lugia/Ho-Oh and the e4 is toast. I epically failed catching Entei. It went somewhat like this.
    Golbat used Leech Life! (finger slipped so I didn't hit Mean Look)
    I see no difference in Entei's HP.
    Entei fled!
    I DID ONE DAMAGE. D: How did a Golbat even do 1 damage to Entei? Shouldn't it be like, 10 or 20?
    Now I'm in the Ice Path, trying to get all of teh poke ballz (XD.) I am so epic fail.
    Though I terrorized Team Rocket with a level 40 magmar this morning.
    Oh, and btw, my mom called me to tell me she bought an item with my money 18 TIMES in two hours on the pokegear.. SHE WASTED ALL OF MAI MONEH! STUPID SHOPPING MOM!

And now I'm in lalaland.

Last edited:

Ikitsumi

Years
    I just hit Cianwood City. I'm gonna finish training the team to 35 before I battle Chuck. Kureno and Hiyoko are both level 34 and I was working on training Rena.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    Currently, I'm crossing the sea from Olivine to Cianwood. I just got out of the Lighthouse, and prior to that, I went to the Lake of Rage to try and train my Pokemon a little, including Cain, my Tauros, whom I caught shortly after Kirstie the Corsola.

Now, I just realized I need a team member who can take a good Special attack, but I don't have HG, so I can't search for Mantine. Even if I did, I'd already have Kirstie, who is a Water type. I'll probably just catch a Gloom in the Safari Zone, I guess.

Current Roster

Marie (Timid Smoochum) - Lv. 26
    Luke (Relaxed Pineco) - Lv.25
    Kirstie (Timid Corsola) - Lv. 25
    Cain (Adamant Tauros) - Lv. 24

Years
    I'm battling through all the kanto gym leaders,current destroying Erika with my typhlosion and aerodactyl.I thought there would at least be some plot to kanto but all it is so far is going from city to city K0ing people.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Taichi is currently in the mist of stopping Team Rocket in the basement section of Goldenrod. With the battles that he had been through of battling The Chuck and Jasmine and their advice that followed, he'd do fine. Taichi had gone through 7 badges, raging threats such as the Gyrados Twins at the Lake of Rage, Kasshoku overcoming his fear of water and learning how to surf, Zera and Totius learning to work together to take down The Chuck, Lyra's feelings for him and finding Suicine twice with that guy Eusine following right after. He had seen a lot, and now he has to save Johto, his home.

Pokemon Caught: 15 (Including Evo's)
    Current Party

AGU Lv 32 (Male Ampharos)
    SHO Lv 27 (Male Nidoking)
    APOLLO Lv 36 (Male Typhlosion)
    TOTIUS Lv 29 (Male Togekiss)
    KASSHOKU Lv 22 (Male Sudowoodo)
    ZERA Lv 30 (Female Scizor)

Pokemon in Storage: DRAGOON (Red Male Gyrados) Lv 30, SAGITARIUS (Male Tauros) Lv 20

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Just got Heart Gold as a present a few days before my actual birthday. I chose Chikorita as a starter, soft-reset until I got a female one. Just named my rival and am now trading over my shinies from Platinum to Heart Gold. My team now only is:

Level 9 Chikorita

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    Earlier in the week, beat Morty. Took out his Gengar with my Pidgeotto at 19. Only moves that would work against it were Gust and Sand Attack. Needless to say that it was an improbable win.

Anyway, currently training a Jynx that i caught, just so that I can beat Claire. Pain in the neck, as almost anything I fight can kill it. It'll all be worth it in the end, though. Right?

Also, can't seem to get that darn fire stone that I need to evolve my Vulpix.

Current party:
    Meganium Lv 32
    Vulpix Lv 28
    Golem Lv 38
    Pidgeotto Lv 26
    Tentacool Lv 29
    Jynx Lv 27

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
    I finally got first place in all the Pokeathlon events.

Instead of heading to Victory Road, I went back to the Ice Path and caught a Swinub, then spent almost half an hour looking for a Larvitar in the Safari Zone.

While I was searching for Larvitar, I also caught a Lickitung.

Found a couple of rare candies and fed them to my Larvitar.

My Dratini also leveled up a little bit.

I'm still trying to find ways to level up my Pokemon without using candies or getting very little exp from wild Pokemon battles. Hopefully, I get lucky soon.

Team:

Larvitar; Harrison. Gentle. Lvl 20
    Dratini; Pattie. Bashful. Lvl 22
    Pidgey; Dhan. Brave. Lvl 15
    Swinub; Piggy. Impish. Lvl 21
    Kingler; Pam. Naughty. Lvl 29

In PC:

Ampharos; Astrid. Bashful. Lvl 39
    Typhlosion; Lenny. Relaxed. Lvl 39

I'm also considering switching Kingler with Poliwhirl. Haven't decided yet.

Years
    Started my own HG adventure today.

My team so far is Totodile, Espeon, Dratini, Onyx and Bulbasaur!

Just beat Bugsy, off to Illex forest!

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    HOORAY! 1 week to the day of release, and I beat the elite 4!
    And with my highest being a lvl 46 quagsire, and lowest a lvl 42 typhlosion.

Years
    Just started my HG. Again. Ran into both Raikou & Entei in previous 'attempt'. So would like to 'try again' with a Synchronizer Gardevoir,
    Have sent over an Outrage Gible, Sneasel with Assist, a Pickup Zigzagoon, and began with a Totodile.

Sneasel seems amazing. May just keep it a Sneasel.

Back