• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

wergugy

posionously awsome
    Years
    beat chuck. and still none of my poke's are above level 25 >.>. insane leveling up is needed. excuse me I'll be in my room for the next 48 hours.... OK maybe not that long... but you get my point right? my goal is to have all above level 35.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    Today I spent time training again. I went and rebattled people (I was very surprised at Joey's level 36 Raticate, I remember when it was a Rattata ;.; ), going to places that I hadn't before and trying to fill my Pokedex, basically. My morning run also consisted of looking for Cameron to get photos (yay for Serebii!), so I did that as well.

But as a result...LEVEL 55 TEAM FOR THE ELITE FOUR.

But first, I'm catching Unown. All 26 of them, IN ORDER. I've only caught A-F so far after 2 hours... @____@

I'm just happy that I'm ready to kick Elite Four butt now!

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    Kay, I give up on trying to level up my pokemon.
    Have been busy with school and studying for finals but I got a little room for some Pokemon time :)
    So I tried battling Red a few times. One battle actually went well. Gyarados was my last Pokemon and I took a little chance, since Red was on his last Pokemon too. I hit it with Waterfall, got it down to the yellow zone. Charizard attacked Gyarados and got it down to 3 hp T-T
    Charizard was actually paralyzed, and I knew Red was out of full restores. So I clicked waterfall, but guess what?
    I should have full restored huh? But noooo, I forgot that there was HAIL, and Gyarados had only 3 HP, so yeah. It's hailing...damn you hail.
    After that, I tried to battle him about 10 more times. Fail fail fail.
    T^T So I gave up and then went to the battle frontier and earned myself 6 points, lol.
    And then went to the Pokeathlon dome and did stuff..
    unlocked 2 rooms...
    Back to training..

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    So finally last night I decided to battle the Elite Four for the first time, everything went pretty well, didn't have any problems because I had some EV'd Pokemon with me. After that, I registered myself and my Pokemon on the Hall of Fame which is pretty dope. Then I went to Olivine City to get on board on the S.S to head for the Johto Region. I received the National Dex from Professor Oak which is awesome, now all I need to do is complete the National Dex which isn't going to be easy task at all. And yeah.

Years
    Just beat Jasmine Scizor n Steelix been going at it for what seemed like 4ever but Scizor won with 33hp left. Growlithe destoryed the magnemites.

Growlithe,Scizor,Feraligatr lvl 33
    Shiny Pichu, Crobat lvl 34

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    Journal entry #16: A hard working day.

5/11/10

There is a lot of training ahead of us today, we were finally able to get to Blackthorn City. The city was an odd little place, they have many legends about dragons, plus all of its trees look like they were struck by lightning. But I looked around anyway, there was a house that was supposed to belong to a family of move tutors and move deleters. One of them offered to teach Thomas frenzy plant, I accepted this. Back on the original topic, I entered the gym and found how unstable the footing here was. We were able to breeze through all the trainers here, Lionel's headbutt move proved useful*. But Clair herself was another matter. We were all feeling confident when we came in for we have not lost a gym battle in a while. This and lack of endurance was our downfall, for all my pokemon combined were not able to take down Clair's graceful dragonair. I left embarrassed, not on my pokemon but on myself for being that foolish. I rushed to a pokecenter and hastily gave my pokemon into their care for that time.For the remainder of that day we decided on a training schedule before running down the mountain road south of Blackthorn. We challenged trainers, fought off wild pokemon, and ended back up in New Bark town where we spent the night. The next day ( Today ) we traveled back to Blackthorn the long way. At the time of this entry it is... 11: 31 AM. We plan to have lunch soon and then head back down the mountain road again. I estimate that my pokemon and I will be stronger by the end of the day. Anyway I must be off, there is a long day still ahead of us and I need to keep up with the team.

FOOTNOTES:

*1) Headbutt kept making the opponent flinch.

PARTY:
    Romenia/ Kingler: Lvl 35 > 36
    Thomas/ Megainium: Lvl 36
    Lionel/ Dunsparce: Lvl 35 > 36
    Cindy/ Gengar: Lvl 35 > 36
    Smiley/ Ariados: Lvl 35 > 36
    Charlie/ Feraligator: Lvl 34 > 35

TRADED:
    Natalie/ Larvitar: Lvl 22 > ???

Badges: Zypher, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier.

Targeted pokemon: None

-- Kotone.M.Spengal.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I beat you yet Clair! XD

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    After training south of safari zone, I decided to go in for the first time and take the test. And I look at the areas I have out first, and peak is one! Which means I can find a larvitar!

Years
    I'm in the Battle Frontier, challenging the different facilities and earning BP. Right now I'm at the Battle Arcade. Once I have enough BP I'm going to that house that's outside the entrance and teach Aqua Tail to the Mewtwo on my team.

As for Gym Leader rematches I'll challenge Blaine and Morty.

wergugy

posionously awsome
    Years
    beat chuck, caught red gyrados, met lance, beat two team rocket executives, and got my but kicked by pryce. i need to level up some more (i've said this like ten times right? when will i ever do it?) i will keep battling him til i win. my rachu need better moves. will probably trade him to platinum teach him thunder and relearn him thunder bolt. they should help. need to level ip hydro so i can defeat hid piloswine... too tuff...too lazy to do all this...

Ikitsumi

Years
    So today I worked on more Unown catching, but I got very impatient trying to do so and went to the Elite Four, kicked everyone's butt with no problem, the only casualties being a KO for Natalie and Jasmine (the latter due to poisoning from Koga D:)

But after that, I did some more catching (I didn't have a Pineco) and I went to do my Apricorn collecting, beat trainers that wanted rebattling, and then did the S.S. Anne stuff.

Right now, I'm working on traveling to all the cities. I can fly to Saffron, Vermillion, Lavender, Cerulean, Viridian, and Pallet right now, and I've only battled two trainers because I'm just trying to Fly everywhere for now.

Also, I just got a Snubbull from the swarm. XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2011
    The Story Of Shara

Alright here goes.

DAY 1

* Started a new game, I'm a female named Shara.
    * Got given my Bag and Trainer Card.
    * Went outside and met my friend Ethan
    * Gave a visit to my great friend Pro. Elm
    * Gained a new pokemon, a Female Cyndiquil (Named 'Fire Heart')
    * Received 5 potions from some Tech AID.
    * Got POKEGEAR back from shop, including a Phone.

* Went east towards route 29, Pro. Elm comes out and gives me his number.
    * Made it to Cherygrove City, FIRE HEART is Lv 6 (Learnt Smokescreen)
    * Old Man showed me around the city, received Running Shoes before heading up to Route 30
    * Received a MAP for my POKEGEAR
    * Recieved a Apricorn Box
    * Reached Mr.Pokemon's house, Received a POKEDEX and a Mystery Egg.
    * Ran back to Cherygrove City and on my way to Route 29 some Red-Headed Dude ran into me. I challenged that sucker to a battle. I would of loved to punch him for running into me, but FIRE HEART will be able to help me.
    * I won pretty comfortably against his LV 5 Totidile, FIRE HEART Leveled up to 9 after the battle.
    * Ran back to New Bark Town. Spoke to the Policeman about the guy I ran into, Radient. Gave Elms the EGG.
    * Spoke to my mum about saving money
    * Decided that after such a long day, I'd stay at home and start my journey tomorrow.

MY TEAM

FIRE HEART the Serious Cyndaquil
    Female/lvl. 9
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Smokescreen
    -

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    After not playing the game for who knows how long, I finally played for a bit the other night.

Was still on Route 32, where I wandered around a bit. Found a Wooper, which I caught and named Yippy. Used Yippy to get through Union Cave quickly before switching over to my Machop to get him leveled up. Made it to Azalea Town, where I cleared out the Slowpoke Well, and then spent the rest of the night trying to catch a Slowpoke for my team.

Team:
    Rockster the Geodude - Level 17
    Machop - Level 17
    Foolish the Slowpoke - Level 6

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2011
    DAY 2 Of My Journey

DAY 2

* Went to Route 29 after I woke up and met my friend Ethan who showed me how to catch pokemon. He gave me some pokeballs before running off. Sweet.
    * Traveled to Cherygrove City, along the way I caught 2 new pokemon for my team. A Female Sentret (SCURRY) and Male Pidgey (SWOOP).
    * Healed up at Cherygrove before heading back to Route 29 to Lv SCURRY & SWOOP to LV 5 and FIRE HEART to Lv 10
    * Headed up to Route 30, onwards towards Violet City.
    * Found a trainer, decided to fight. SCURRY led and defeated his pet Rat. Got the kid's number after battle and found out his name was Joey.
    * Defeated a few more trainers up the route.
    * Made it to Route 31, found a cave but decided it was 2 dark so I left.
    * Continued west on Route 31, before making it to Violet City.
    * Saved inside the Poke Centre and called it a day.

MY TEAM

FIRE HEART the Serious Cyndaquil
    Female/lvl. 10
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Smokescreen
    - Ember

SWOOP the Naughty Pidgey
    Female/lvl. 9
    Tangled Feet
    - Tackle
    - Sand-Attack
    -
    -

SCURRY the Impish Sentret
    Female/lvl. 7
    Keen Eye
    - Scratch
    - Foresight
    - Defense Curl
    - Quick Attack

Ikitsumi

Years
    So today I began by getting the Boulder Badge, which was no problem at all. Natalie kicked everyone's butt there. XD

After that, I proceeded to Mt. Moon and began training, when I walk in and there's Kamon wanting to battle. OK, another easy defeat with no casualties for me. He says he's going to the Dragon's Den, and with my curiosity, I follow.

I go there and he's all "You're going to make fun of my training, aren't you?" and other whiny stuff, hahahah. Then Lance and Clair show up, Kamon gets all "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN" and then a double battle ensues after Kamon calls Clair that embarrassing person with the weird costume that he refused to team up with. XD I took out Lance's stuff first (surprisingly, they were easier to beat than Clair's Pokemon!)

After that, I go wandering around to go see if I can find Hoenn Pokemon (today's the Hoenn Channel). I found a level 3 Linoone. XD Just like yesterday's level 5 Noctowl's in Viridian Forest. XD Man, finding underleveled stuff in the wild is fun.

I just got to Cerulean City and I'm gonna go do the Route 24/25 stuff to drag Misty's butt down to the Gym.

EDIT:
    I got three Beldum from the Winner's Path course. :"D School + Mall + Yardwork = 16170 steps.

Last edited:

wergugy

posionously awsome
    Years
    well i did not get a chance to play since my last post so not much happened here. but i think i will be able to this weekend..

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Beaten Brock, and now, off to Pallet town! But before that, after battling Misty, I realized that I never once caught a Lapras. Off to the Safari Zone, first! Going to replace my red Gyarados with Lapras.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    While training in victory road to evolve my metang, I decided to use the last of the rare candies I found and get him to lvl 48 so he could learn meteor mash. Now I'm grinding my dragonair, hopefully to 43+.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    Journal entry #21: Off the beaten path.

5/14/10

Not a lot has happened in the past few days since my last entry. We have been training and I think we now pose a challenge to Clair. The only thing that stops me from going is that I am waiting for Natalie for I know she would not want to miss this. Our training was reaching a plateau point, we were running out of people to challenge and it is mean to go out and hunt wild pokemon to defeat. So as I sat under a tree with all my pokemon either chasing each other or playing in the stream near the mountain road my pokeGear started to ring. I reached for it and opened it, expecting to hear joeys voice on the other end, but I heard instead Ralph the fisherman on route 32, who requested a rematch. I got excited, we have never re-matched anyone yet and this might be how we get past this plateau. After this I got several other rematches from other trainers, each one beaten easily, and we have now grown stronger. Heading back to Blackthorn I was rummaging through my bag for something to snack on and my hand came across the red scale that I found at the lake of rage. It was a deep red, not usually the color of garydos, and about the size of the palm of my hand. I figured it was just taking space in my bag but I just couldnt let go of it. I tried to think of some on who would want it, I did not know where professor Oak was, Professor Elm was to busy to use it now, Ethan wouldnt know what to do with it. After awhile I came to the conclusion that Mr. Pokemon would want it, I was right, as soon as I showed it to him he was ecstatic. " A garydos scale! And a red one at that! It must have been very hard to get seeing as a red garydos is possibly one of the rarest non legendary pokemon there is!" He ranted. He asked if he could trade it for something called an experience share, an object that would only look like it fit in a curio shop. It looked somewhat like a cap of sorts, and it was supposed to help with training pokemon without having them battle. I pocketed it, saying thank you to Mr. Pokemon, and went out the door. I am now back in Blackthorn, we shall settle down for the evening, I only wish right now that more would happen. But hey, we all need to relax every now and then!

PARTY
    Cindy/ Gengar: Lvl 36 > 38
    Thomas/ Megainium: Lvl 36 > 37
    Romenia/ Kingler: Lvl 36 > 37
    Lionel/ Dunsparce: Lvl 36 > 37
    Smiley/ Ariados: Lvl 36 > 37
    Charlie/ Feraligator: Lvl 35

TRADED
    Natalie/ Larvitar: Lvl 22 > ???

Badges: Zypher, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier.

Targeted pokemon: None

-- Kotone.M.Spengal.

Yes I do wish I could get Natalie back cause then I will be able to advance through the game and write more in my entries.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    Was at the Battle Hall with my Latios and we were kicking ass and taking names, until a Shedinja showed up! We had nothing to counter with, so he got KO'd. Better luck next time.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    i got a cyndaquil named my rival lavi(d.grayman character who has red hair LOL) caught a mareep
    then evolved cyndaquil and mareep before battling falconer

Back