• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I decided to ditch my traded Dratini, and got the level 15 Extremespeed Dratini from the dragon elder. It's now level 16, going on 17 after a few more battles. I took it to school today and got three Duskull on the Winner's Route for the Pokewalker. Beldum and Munchlax decided not to show up though, which was a disappointment. Now all that's left is to train everyone and head to the Elite 4 this weekend and hopefully beat them.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Hahaha!! Beat Elite 4 and Lance! It was actually pretty easy after training for a while.

Also, I got ALL 8 KANTO BADGES already! =D =D =D

Now...training for Red. This is going to take a while, considering that my highest leveled Pokemon is my 56 Lugia...

Last edited:

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    Just bought SoulSilver as a birthday present to myself on Sunday, but haven't really been able to sit down and play until yesterday/today. Just beat Whitney tonight, but I only have three Pokemon I'm really using, and that's Croconaw, Pidgeotto, and Rattata(who I'm having a blast with in my pokewalker,lol).

Gonna start catching more so I can decide what kind of team I really want.^_^

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    So I'm now making my way to Mahogany Town after going to the Safari Zone~ I've still refused to let Riley and Natalie evolve because...gahh, Larvitars are cute (I'll let it evolve at 54.) and I want Natalie to learn Aqua Tail at level 41.

My entire team's at level 36, on the verge of 37. I'll definitely have them 40+ before Pryce~! Time to go get a Red Gyarados~

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    I beat Red seconds ago...tough battle,cause my PKM were at LVLs 66-70....I used a lot of healing items....but at the end of a battle,his Charizard and my Feraligatr stayed last...I thought that he is gonna win,because he used Air Slash and my PKM had a very low hp.....but he MISSED! I used surf and won...wow...amazing....

Years
    I've just restarted my SoulSilver for, umm....the 7th time now.
    I've picked Totodile, then caught a Jolly Pidgey, nicknamed Pipi. Then I saved, got Champ Path, then came to post this:

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Pipi
    lv.3
    Jolly
    Tangled Feet
    -Tackle
    -Growl

wergugy

posionously awsome
    Years
    lucky! well i leveled up my Pokemon a bunch and caught a female nidoran and switched it with my nidorino. i kind of like nidoqeen better than to nidoking. besides i have a nidoking on my platinum version.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    I caught a Paras, it has a really nice ability! Everyone who hits him gets a status condition, I've never trained a Paras and this seems like a good start.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Restarted my HG again.
    Got a bashful cyndaquil for a starter, then a bold poliwag on route 31. Right now, I'm using my pokewalker, hoping to get either a horsea or bronzor.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I finally beat Red yesterday... at level 84, and with vastly superior Pokemon, that chump never stood a chance :P

Now the question is, what do I do next in the game? xD

Thats the end of the game...do the Battle Frontier, or rebattle everyone (I challenge you to face all Gym leaders at once in order without healing your Pokemon, then face the E4, and then Red again...so its 8 Johto Gym leaders, 8 Kanto gym leaders, elite 4 and then Red.)

I have a Modest Quilava and Modest Horsea and just caught a Heracross (-DEF,+SPE)...EV training Heracross and Horsea...

Quilava Lv. 24
    Horsea Lv. 14
    Heracross Lv. 14

BTW you can get a Heracross in Azeala Town, the tree to the far left topside has Aipom, Heracross, and Spearow in it, around levels 3-5

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    Well, today I got a Bronzor and Duskull from the Pokewalker, and have been training Beldum. I then discovered that the Nature it had was not helpful in the least, so I am breeding it with a Ditto to get an Adamant Beldum. My Pineco is now a Forretress, which is extremely powerful thanks to the Brave Nature I caught it with.

Badge wise, I beat Chuck last night. He was a bit harder thanks to Poliwrath, but Octillery beat it with Psybeam. My team is currently being raised to level 35, so Jasmine will have to wait.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I just beat Erika with a Gyarados and Scyther. Was a difficult match considering those were the only two things I had to take her on, but won out.

Was fun. XD

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Silver, You Idiot!

Alright, so I run into a battle with Silver. He sends out his Feraligator, I send out my Typhlosion. I'm think "Oh, crap" because all my other (good) Pokemon had fainted from previous affairs :<, so only Typhlosion could fight...

So, the Battle begins. My Typshlosion has 30 IV's in Speed so I know he's fast. The whole fight, he uses Mean Look(Or something similar, whatever reduces speed), and my speed never goes below his. So I beat Feraligator without any damage being done and my speed not even going lower than his, and e probably could've atleast 2HKO'ed me.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    I started today with the Lake of Rage after doing Safari Zone stuff. Caught the Gyarados and went to go kick Team Rocket butt. XD After the battle with Ariana and the grunt, Natalie FINALLY learned Aqua Tail and I let her evolve into a Croconaw. Once that was over, I caught two Electrodes and left. I went to the Gym and let Natalie evolve into a Feraligatr! :"D

So when I went to battle Pryce, Riley put up a great fight, but fainted when taking on Piloswine because of stupid Hail. Otherwise I could have healed him! D: But I ended up beating everything with ease. I'm still proud of my little Riley~

I then proceeded to Goldenrod Radio Tower and watched the YAOI EXPLOITATION (<3 ) (since I'm playing a boy~)..... X"D OK, enough of the fangirly squeals (Yes, I'm a HunterShipper and PreciousMetalShipper, so...self-explanatory. O.o ). So I took on the tower, and by the time all was done, I had a level 45 team!

I went back to the Safari Zone and caught a lot of stuff, including a couple of Misdreavus. OMG. There were LARVITARS there. I was freaking out because it took forever for me to raise my Pupitars on Platinum, breed for a boy, and trade the egg to Heartgold! Well, I liked raising Riley from an egg, so I'm OK, but still... @~@

Making my way across the Ice Path, I caught a Golbat and a Jynx too, and did some more grinding in there.

Once out, I took Route 46 a couple of times to raise everything to level 46.

And now, I'm in Blackthorn Gym, working on beating the trainers in there using Natalie and her Dragon Claw, Jasmine and Thunderbolt, and Riley has an Exp. Share because having a Tyranitar soon would be nice. :"3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Alright, so I run into a battle with Silver. He sends out his Feraligator, I send out my Typhlosion. I'm think "Oh, crap" because all my other (good) Pokemon had fainted from previous affairs :<, so only Typhlosion could fight...

So, the Battle begins. My Typshlosion has 30 IV's in Speed so I know he's fast. The whole fight, he uses Mean Look(Or something similar, whatever reduces speed), and my speed never goes below his. So I beat Feraligator without any damage being done and my speed not even going lower than his, and e probably could've atleast 2HKO'ed me.
    Merged with the travel thread as there wouldn't be much discussion most likely besides 'yeah AI sucks at times' and it's about what you did in the games/what has happened in HGSS for you as well, which is what this thread is for.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    It's my lucky day! At 8100 steps on winner's path, and with only 20 watts left, I encountered and caught the beldum that knows zen headbutt/iron head/iron defense. I will definitely be using this in my new HG party!

Years
    Just started the game Tuesday, My trainer name is Soul and rival name is Spirit.
    I picked a Totodile and named him King-kun. I've caught everything i could and a chikorita (trade). Raise King and Zubat to level 16 while Growlithe stayed at lvl 9(trading obience reasons) b4 battling the 1st gym.
    Travel together to battle Bugsy everyone's on lvl 21 but Growlithe who's on lvl 18 (same reasons)

Now we're training to battle Whitney my current team:
    Croconaw (King-kun) 25
    Golbat 24
    Grolithe (K-9) 24
    Togepi (Prism) 10

After beating Whitney I hope to add a Scizor to the team

wergugy

posionously awsome
    Years

you mean scary face.

It's my lucky day! At 8100 steps on winner's path, and with only 20 watts left, I encountered and caught the beldum that knows zen headbutt/iron head/iron defense. I will definitely be using this in my new HG party!
    lucky!!!!! i want that!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!i should stop using so many exclamation marks!!!!!!!
    lol

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    Started a new game, My name's Gold & and Rival's Silver
    Picked a male Totodile.
    Did the quest of Mr. Pokemon.
    Got 5 Poké Balls
    Caught a female Sentret naughty nature :P
    Trained them to level 14 in Sprout Tower
    Beat Falkner, I didn't knew we can go to south for catching a Mareep though...
    Caught Level 6 male Mareep. Trained him to level 15

That's all, i'll continue it tomorrow morning...
    For Party see my signature :P

Back