• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Black Dunsparce

Black is better!
    Years
    Just beat Lt. Surge, which I finished off his Voltorb with my trusty Ampharos.

[Current Team]
    1. Dunsprace (Normal) Lv. 51
    Return, Earthquake, Endeavor, Dig.

2. Ampharos (Lightning) Lv. 50
    Signal Beam, ThunderPunch, Discharge, Thunder Wave

3. Sunflora (Grass) Lv. 50
    Razor Leaf, Leaf Storm, GrassWhistle, SolarBeam

4. Mismagius (Ghost) Lv. 52
    Shadow Ball, Power Gem, Psybeam, Confuse Ray

5. Togekiss (Normal/Flying) Lv. 50
    Extrasensory, AncientPower, Fly, Fire Blast

6. Feraligater (Water)
    Bite, Crunch, Ice Fang, Surf

I always wondered why Feraligater isn't a Water and Dark type? Anyway, I'm off to beat Sabrina in the Saffron Gym, fighting the Medium trainers right now with my beautiful Mismagius.

Years
    Well I restarted SoulSilver because I didn't like how I was doing things. I am about to get the Pokeballs from Lyra.

My Starter is Blaze, the Cyndaquil. He is Quirky and likes to eat.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So after beating red and evolving a few pokemon, I decided to go look for the last 4 shiny leaves for my heracross. It only took me about 15 minutes to find them all. I spent no more than 1 minute per route, and eventually he found them!

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    So I just beat misty and i'm heading to Diglett Cave where I hope to catch a Dugtrio just for my box for breeding purposes :) By the way Flareon has wish and Tropious has Dragon Dance ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I beat the Kimono girls with my in-game team. I put Breloom first since I knew Umbreon would be first. I immediately used spore. Umbreon fell asleep, so I mach punched it. It just reached half, so I decided not to take the chance and threw three dynamicpunches. The first two missed, but the third one got it. Umbreon never laid a hand on my breloom. Sadly, Espeon was next and even though I knew it was futile, I tried sporing it. Psychic killed my Breloom immediately. I sent out Gengar. Shadow Ball destroyed Espeon. Next was Flareon, and thankfully my gabite was next in my team. Thankfully I had dig because Flareon attempted to will-o-wisp me. Dig took down Flareon quickly, which was expected because it's paper defense couldn't do much in the first place. Next was Jolteon, and I didn't expect to outrun it. I didn't, and Jolteon got a Double Team, which always kicks in at the worst time. I Digged anyways, and Jolteon used Double Team again. Thankfully, Dig hit and killed Jolteon immediately, unsurprisingly too. Gabite leveled to level 41, which was nice, but sadly, I forgot to take that Exp. Share off of it. I was worried at Vaporeon, because my only reliable water counter was killed by Espeon, so I just threw a volley of my strongest hits. Gabite hit it for about 33% HP with Dragon Claw. Aurora Beam OHKO'd it. Kangaskhan was next and I used Outrage, got it to red. Vaporeon used Surf but didn't even take out half HP on my bulky Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan used Outrage again and it was over. Kangaskhan leveled up to Level 41, which is definitely nice. I got my Clear Bell and laughed at the pathetic Kimono Girls, since I couldn't hold a candle to them when all of my pokemon were 5 levels lower. The event happened, and Ho-oh came to the Bell Tower, but what happened as soon as I got the freedom to move? Phone call. But at least it was about a rematch, I would tear my hair out if it was that loser talking about how awesome his rattata is.

It's actually kinda sad, since I expected the Kimono Girls to still put up a good fight, despite me leveling my pokemon up 5 levels each(to all level 40, by the way, except for Breloom, whom I sent to Platinum for training so it could learn Spore.)

jammi567

I f*cking hate Koga and that damn Muk of his. My Togetic and his Muk had a 10-15 minute duel, with me using some Psychc attack, and him using Minamise

Obviously, this caused me to miss constantly, so I turned off the game in frustration. I'm going to try and level up some time, and try again.

BTW, does anybody know where I can get the stone to evolve Togetic into her next form?

Years
    In SoulSilver:

I'm looking for a Misdreavus. I know they can be found in the Forest Area in the Safari Zone and also in the Cliff Cave. Once I catch one I'll train it some and wait for the Athlete Shop to stock a Dusk Stone.

I've also been going to that room in the underground where you can different Accessories.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    In SoulSilver:

I'm looking for a Misdreavus. I know they can be found in the Forest Area in the Safari Zone and also in the Cliff Cave. Once I catch one I'll train it some and wait for the Athlete Shop to stock a Dusk Stone.

I've also been going to that room in the underground where you can different Accessories.
    There is a Dusk Stone in Cerulean Cave, the floor Mewtwo is on. I don't know if you're that far though. :[

Recently..

- Beat Red in SS.
    - Caught all legendaries except for events, Rayquaza, and roaming Pokemon in Soul Silver.
    - Got Treeko and Squirtle in SS.
    - Caught Mewtwo in HG.
    - Beat Red in HG.
    - Got Torchic and Squirtle in HG.
    - Caught Kyogre in HG so I can get Rayquaza in SS.

Now, I am catching 20 random Pokemon in SS on Route 1 to trade to HG for important Pokemon like shinnies, starters, and Kyogre. I might restart HG. Doubt it..

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I f*cking hate Koga and that damn Muk of his. My Togetic and his Muk had a 10-15 minute duel, with me using some Psychc attack, and him using Minamise

Obviously, this caused me to miss constantly, so I turned off the game in frustration. I'm going to try and level up some time, and try again.

BTW, does anybody know where I can get the stone to evolve Togetic into her next form?

You need Rock Climb, which is way later in the game. Just see if you can trade one in.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    You need Rock Climb, which is way later in the game. Just see if you can trade one in.
    Why would Rock Climb do anything? You cant even use Rock Climb out of battle until you beat the 16th gym. So, if they are trying to beat Koga for the first time, they hasn't been to Kanto, hasn't beaten Blue; thus, cant use Rock Climb to get the Shiny Stone in National Park. Then if they has beaten Blue, they can just go see Oak and Oak will give them Rock Climb. So either way the advice of trading a Pokemon over with it becomes pointless.

Traded over all important Pokemon. Now I am going to catch Rayquaza~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Caught my first shiny Heart Gold.
    Although its a spearow, it'll still get special treatment ;)
    feel so happy.
    other than that on my way to the 16th gym. wish me luck

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    feel so happy.

Congrats! And good luck! I personally thought that his trainer people in his gym were harder >.>

Anyways, I'm training up my HG team to level 14 or 15

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    feel so happy.

My friends first shiny ever was a Spearow in FireRed and my first shiny on Pearl was a Fearow. LOL. I haven't gotten a shiny since I hunted that shiny Budew down in Platinum with the Pokeradar, hopefully I will find one of SS.

ANYWAYS, I have beaten Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Erika, Misty, and Brock, in that order. Caught a swarming Poochyena, my first caught Pokemon that isn't a Kanto/Johto native. Now, I will try out the Trainer House for the first time, I mixed records in-game with one of my friends today and I did the Pokewalker mixing yesterday with a different friend. I think the Pokewalker friend is the one I will battle, but I will see....

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    A Breeders Journal: Entry One: My beautiful Familychu
    i put my Tinachu and my Peterchu from Yellow Forest in the Day Care
    i feel bad for Tinachu (my main electric type) because so far it's spat out TEN EGGS
    NAMES:
    The first born, Tinychu (my new Main electric)
    After that, Babychu
    then Minichu
    Emmachu
    and Jessychu- the rest are still being hatched and i expect them before midnight
    all i know is that by the and of this they are going to need their own box :)
    i'm running out of names- any suggestions for my familychu?
    literally as soon as i was done posting this, a new one hatched-
    Mannychu
    and another
    Sarachu
    ... and another
    Janetchu
    i only expect 3 more

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I've been breeding lots..
    First for a Female Chikorita
    Then Lucario and Rhyhorn for Counter Rhyhorn
    Now I'm breeding said Rhyhorn and Chikorita for Counter Chikorita
    Then I'm gonna breed Chikorita and Lotad for Counter Lotad.

Should be easy enough.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    All I did was beat Chuck. It wasn't good. At all. Fafetch'd was taken out by Primeape. My Croconaw was taken out by Primeape. And my Ampharos was nearly taken out by Poliwrath.

I would raise up my levels more because they are pretty low, but as others have said, it's hard to find levels of wild Pokemon to match where you want to be. Battling level 16 Pokemon when I could easily knock down level ~20 isn't going to cut it.

So I traded over some of my team to my Pearl game to raise them up there and work on breeding for a few other Pokemon. I really want a Pikachu on my team in SS.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    So basically after I got Kureno as Quiet nature and Somewhat stubborn, I went through Sprout Tower and Violet Gym with ease. I didn't even get knocked out by Pidgeotto this time, so I'm liking this runthrough.

But...now comes the matter of hatching Togepi. |D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Alright! I grinded my team to level 42 and started my Elite Four run.

I go into Will very confident and get my Gyarados' Dragon Dancing butt wiped by his Xatu.

Not a good sign.

Then I proceed to destroy his whole team, including his Slow-thing with my Typhlosion. What a beast.

Anyway, I proceed to Koga with caution, but destroy the whole team with +4 Gligar.

And then, Bruno.

Oh boy, that was FUN. I sent out Gyarados and I started to Dragon Dance. Hitmontop used Counter.

For the next five turns, I Dragon Danced just to be sure and swept his whole team with Waterfall. =D

Now I'm ready to take on Karen. I'm going to hope my Typhlosion and his Flamethrower and Focus Blast can pull through...

And I really want a Togekiss, but I'll need the Shiny Stone from the PokeAthlon after the E4...and I refuse to trade with my Platinum.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Now that my whole team is level 14 (hold Poliwag who is a ten; there will be major training in that one cave before Azalea), I'm taking on the Sprout Tower. I'm sorry all you level 3 Bellsprouts :(

Back