• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Did some more training for Red, got my team's levels to around 60-70.
    Caught Moltres on my 8th ultra ball, this was a suprise 'cos I normally waste about 20 ultra balls on Moltres. :p
    Got Erika, Misty, and Brock's numbers.

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • i'm at the battle arcade today. i'm at around the 11th battle. if i can get at least the silver print i'll be happy. i'm especially happy for the fact that i managed to get the silver print in the battle castle.

all of this was in heartgold.

Years
  • I finally got my dragonite to a high level at 94. Planning on finishing my dragonite tonight and start training my other pokemon in my team.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Still training my four Pokemon! It's strenous but it will all pay off. Still trying to get me a Totodile and Cyndaquil but I think I am making progress!

Bayleef Level 16
    Tackle | Synthesis | Razor Leaf | PoisonPowder

Flaaffy Level 16
    Tackle | Growl | ThunderShock | Thunder Wave

Larvitar Level 15
    Bite | Rock Slide | Sandstorm | Screech

Hoothoot Level 14
    Tackle | Peck | Roost | Hypnosis

Get Hoothoot up to Level 15 then I may go onto Platinum for a while.

Years
  • I just finished training my dragonite to level 100. 1 out of 5 of my teams. Woot Now currently training my machamp, monferno, electivire and lavitar.

Edit: Earn 5 points at the battle tower @ 4:44 p.m. eastern time. With bagon, staryu, and onix. Woot. I finally did it. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Just reset my game as I feel up for a challenge. I'm going to try getting through the game using only high attack Pokemon. Very little Special attack involved. Should be interesting.

As it stands, I picked Chikorita to start. I'll probably drop it for a Nidoran or something early on.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    OOC: FINALLY GOT SOUL SILVER!!

Day 1:

Well, I got my first Pokemon today, and it was awesome! Elm is having me run some errand, but I don't mind. Some red-headed punk was hanging out outside of Elm's lab, I don't have a good feeling about him… And I was right, after going to Mr. Pokemon and getting an egg (and also a Pokedex from Professor Oak (still can't believe I met him)) he battled me and it turned out the Pokemon he used was stolen from Elm! Spent the night with my mom where she demanded that I give her a share of my prize money. She says its so if I ever go for broke being a Pokemon Trainer, I'll have something to kick back on before I find a new job. Bull ****. I know it's for cigarettes. I'm 16, what do you think I am 10?

Day 2:

Caught a Sentret and a Pidgey heading back to Cherrygrove. Headed over to Route 36 to try and catch something more rare. Sadly, nothing happened (OOC: No more Phanphy, what the hell?) Deposited Sentret and Pidgey back into my box. Got into my second ever battle today, wish the kid had given me more money. He did give me his umber if that's any consolation. Took a dip into the Dark Cave and ran into and caught a Zubat, it was such a thrilling experience, I feel like I could do it forever. Arrived at Violet city around nightfall and put Zubat in the PC. Also caught a Bellsprout right outside the city gates. Glad I can sleep in a Pokemon Center tonight.

For some reason their was a Male Nidoran in my box, oh well.

Day 3:

Felt wonderful and refreshed in the morning. Headed over to the Pokemon School where I learned all about status effects. Then it was over to Sprout Tower for some training! Used Nidoran and peck to ween Bellsprout to a more useful level. Why am I doing this? Because some kid is offering an Onix for one. Loser.

Ran into the red haired bastard again. Turned out his name is Dakota. I was going to battle him, but he fled using an Escape Rope. Who does he think he is? Anyway, then I challenged the "Elder" he went down fast. Too fast. Cyndauil literally took a Pokemon down in its sleep. Maybe Dakota left the "Elder" shaken. I don't know.

And then it was time to trade Bellsprout away. I'll miss the guy, and it'd be cool to have a Victreebel some day, but Onix. It's Onix! Maybe someday, just maybe, I'll have a Steelix…

Day 4:

Challenged Falkner today. God. I never realized how afraid of heights I am. Using Onix sure was awkward up their. He was, however, very eager to please and took out both Pidgey and Pidgeotto. Pidgeotto should've been easy to take down, but it kept on using Roost. Sure was tough.

Then Elm gave me a call telling me to go over to the Poke Mart, because he had sent me the Egg I had given him earlier. After I left the Mart, I ran into a Geisha. Man, she was hot. She then got all up in my face about the egg and walked off.

Day 5:

Had some fun exploring the Ruins of Alph. Solved a puzzle, fell, and luckily didn't break my spine. Unown came at me left and right, but I just ignored them. ESCAPE. That's what it said when I got back to the Ruin where I saw the puzzle. Creepy, huh? That's when I used my Escape Rope. But it didn't work! A secret room opened up instead! And good grief there were some nice items.

Then their was some weird message on the floor. I think it said, "Our clan engraved words in this place." Seemed rather obvious to me. Sadly, the reason I even came to this place, a Natu, was nowhere to be found. Damn. Returned to Violet City and stayed at the Pokemon Center again. Decided me and Onix weren't getting along, so I dropped him off in the box.

TEAM:

Lv. 11
    Ember | Tackle | Smokescreen | Leer

Lv. 10
    Peck | Double Kick | Focus Energy | Leer

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    A lot has changed since my last entry. For a start, I finally decided on my final team! On the advice of a friend, I decided to ditch Hoothoot, who was falling behind...and replaced him with a Scyther! I am glad I did, Scyther is very powerful and can take down enemies quickly. However, he is a pain to level up >< I also managed to recieve those Cyndaquil and Totodile eggs I so desperately wanted.

Today, I defeated my rival, Jimmy and defeated Morty! Since the last time I posted, I also defeated Bugsy and Whitney! So, I'd say my adventure is going pretty well.

The Team:

Bayleef | Level 23 | Jolly | Overgrow
    Tackle | Synthesis | Magical Leaf | PoisonPowder

Flaaffy | Level 23 | Sassy | Static
    Tackle | Cotton Spore | ThunderShock | Thunder Wave

Larvitar | Level 23 | Rash | Guts
    Bite | Rock Slide | Sandstorm | Dig

Quilava | Level 23 | Lonely | Blaze
    Quick Attack | Flame Wheel | Extrasensory | Flamethrower

Croconaw | Level 23 | Quiet | Torrent
    Bite | Shadow Claw | Ice Punch | Surf

Scyther | Level 25 | Quiet | Swarm
    U-turn | Wing Attack | Pursuit | False Swipe

I plan to get them all up to Level 27 before starting the Jasmine quest where you have to heal her Ampharos, go to Cianwood City etc. I think I shall try and evolve Scyther around Level 35 - 40, as their movesets are pretty much the same.

Time 17:58

Zephyr | Hive | Plain | Fog | Storm | Mineral | Glacier | Rising

Last edited:

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • i didn't do a whole lot in HeartGold lately because of university, but if I can remember I was at the Battle Castle trying to get the gold print, but I failed at the 35th battle. I think I have had a good run at the Battle Frontier (considering the fact that I have been there for the past month and only managing to win the silver print at the Battle Castle). I'm thinking now just trying to get as many good teams as I can. I already have a great team now, but I'm going to make teams in which I can easily win matches against any type of team, as well as this will be a quick way of completing my pokedex. This shouldn't be too hard of a challenge.

Anyways, I'm always up for a battle my current team is on my Trainer Card in my signature.

TrainerMatt

Ore wa kanari tsuyo!
    Years
  • My team really hasn't grown much, I've been addicted to Voltorb Flip for the past 2 weeks mainly. Here is my current team:

Croconaw/Hyde - Level 25 Male
    Surf
    Bite
    Ice Fang
    Rage

Gengar/Kage - Level 25 Male
    Shadow Ball
    Hypnosis
    Confuse Ray
    Shadow Punch

Hypno/Psyga - Level 26 Male
    Headbutt
    Hypnosis
    Psybeam
    Disable

Heracross/Stag - Level 23 Female
    Brick Break
    Strength
    Horn Attack
    Ariel Ace

Flareon/Kagami - Level 17 Male
    Ember
    Headbutt
    Tackle
    Fire Blast

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon Perfect Soul for the last few days, I've only been playing a few hours a day as I've been playing other games, For a bit of fun I've altered the gym leaders pokemon (e.g. Morty now has Psychic pokemon, Clair has Dark Type pokemon and the Elite 4 are Ice, Fighting, Fire, Electric and Mixed < Lance still has a Dragonite).

My Team:

Quilava Lv22
    Poliwag Lv21
    Elekid Lv23

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Three Insane Battles!

Gosh...made my way to Olivine City, and did the entire SecretPotion quest. Along the way I found Suicune, and I was also challenged by Eusine! An easy battle that slowly deteriorated...

His Drowzee and Haunter were NOTHING for my Larvitar, but then his Electrode overpowered all of my team! I only had my Bayleef left, but she managed to defeat him with a LOT of Magical Leaf's and a LOT of luck!

The next hard battle was against Chuck. -_- His Primeape was taken out quickly by my Quilava, but then his Poliwrath Surf'd it to death. :( So I sent out my Scyther, who met a similar fate! Croconaw was Focus Punch'd into oblivion, followed by Larvitar and Flaaffy! Once again my Bayleef saves the team though :D

The final battle of today was against Jasmine! Her first Magnemite was quickly taken out by Larvitar. Then, Steelix fought against Quilava, but managed to overpower him. Croconaw's Surf managed to defeat Steelix.

Final Magnemite! One ThunderBolt and Croconaw was down. Larvitar couldn't even use Dig, because he was confused and knocked himself out! Bayleef and Flaaffy stood no chance, as they were both Paralyzed and couldn't move at all! Bayleef took it down to around 5HP, and Scyther finished the job with a lucky Wing Attack. And the Mineral badge is mine. :D

The Team:

Bayleef | Level 27 | Jolly | Overgrow
    Tackle | Synthesis | Magical Leaf | PoisonPowder

Flaaffy | Level 27 | Sassy | Static
    Tackle | Cotton Spore | ThunderShock | Thunder Wave

Larvitar | Level 26 | Rash | Guts
    Bite | Rock Slide | Sandstorm | Dig

Quilava | Level 25 | Lonely | Blaze
    Quick Attack | Flame Wheel | Extrasensory | Flamethrower

Croconaw | Level 27 | Quiet | Torrent
    Bite | Shadow Claw | Ice Punch | Surf

Scyther | Level 28 | Quiet | Swarm
    U-turn | Wing Attack | Pursuit | False Swipe

Quilava and Larvitar have a bit of catching up to do but apart from that, all is going well so far. Hope to be Level 30 before fighting Pryce, which should be possible. Can't wait for Croconaw and Flaaffy to hit Level 30 - hello Feraligatr and Ampharos!

6 Badges

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon Perfect Soul for the last few days, I've only been playing a few hours a day as I've been playing other games, For a bit of fun I've altered the gym leaders pokemon (e.g. Morty now has Psychic pokemon, Clair has Dark Type pokemon and the Elite 4 are Ice, Fighting, Fire, Electric and Mixed < Lance still has a Dragonite).

My Team:

Quilava Lv22
    Poliwag Lv21
    Elekid Lv23

Defeated Morty, who now has Psychic Pokemon instead of ghost, he had Kirlia Lv24, Kadabra Lv24, Jynx Lv29 and a Bronzor Lv26, my team is now about Lv27 and I have added Murkrow to my team, I'm going to play GTA IV for a an hour or so and then get back on Soul Silver

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i've just beaten bugsy,
    his stupid scyther >.>
    now i'm looking for a cutting pokemon :D
    ... -_-

my current team is in my sig :)

Back