• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
  • Hooray! Beat red tday with:
    Lvl 63 Kabutops
    Lvl 68 ho-oh
    Lvl 68 Electivire
    Lvl 67 Gallade
    Lvl 63 Gyarados
    Lvl 7 Onix (for rock climb; hes my hm slave)

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
  • hey everyone right now i am ev training my jolteon so tell me guys is this a good team:
    typhlosion: flamethrower-fire blust-hyper beam-focus blast
    jolteon: discharge-thunder-thunder wave-?
    quagsire: waterfall-eartquake-blizzard-strenght( planing to replace it)
    umbreon: payback-psychic-moon light-confuse ray
    dragonite: dragon dance-dragon rush-fly-roost
    nidoking:earh power-mega horn-poison jab-thunder bolt

any ideas please tell me

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • hey everyone right now i am ev training my jolteon so tell me guys is this a good team:
    typhlosion: flamethrower-fire blust-hyper beam-focus blast
    jolteon: discharge-thunder-thunder wave-?
    quagsire: waterfall-eartquake-blizzard-strenght( planing to replace it)
    umbreon: payback-psychic-moon light-confuse ray
    dragonite: dragon dance-dragon rush-fly-roost
    nidoking:earh power-mega horn-poison jab-thunder bolt

any ideas please tell me

Umbreon could do with toxic, that would be better than payback. Otherwise, i think its a good job ^^

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
  • Umbreon could do with toxic, that would be better than payback. Otherwise, i think its a good job ^^

i need the payback caz it goes stronger when the opponent strikes first and since umbreon is slow so yea, i am thinking of replacing confuse ray and make him learn toxic though

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • Restarted HeartGold and well:

New Bark -> Violet City
    Just got my Cyndaquil caught 0 Pokemon (LoL) Went through Sprout Tower and the gym with my Quilava, got it to level 16. Currently heading to Azalea and hopefully get another Pokemon for my party. Any recommendations?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Restarted HeartGold and well:

New Bark -> Violet City
    Just got my Cyndaquil caught 0 Pokemon (LoL) Went through Sprout Tower and the gym with my Quilava, got it to level 16. Currently heading to Azalea and hopefully get another Pokemon for my party. Any recommendations?

I'd suggest catching, a Mareep; they tend to be real good pokemon in the long run.

I'm currently about to battle Jasmine for the second time, I lost the first time due to Steelix.

Pokemon:

Quilava 33
    Ampharos 30
    WeepinBell 28
    Lapras 24
    Scyther 23
    Pidgeotto 23

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • Since I'm got bored with my last SS file I recently restarted my file for the 6th time. Decided to name my player "N" as kind of a tribute to BW. I picked Cyndaquil but I'll be replacing with Trapinch so I can get my favorite Pokemon Flygon as my starter. I also plan to be like N and use Pokemon from the previous generations that seem to have a dark or mysterious appearance to them. In other words, Pokemon that it seems like he would use. So far all I've done is get my Cyndaquil and raise it to lv.7 but when I get badge #1 I'll trade over my Trapinch.

My Team:

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Sounds pretty cool. I just got HeartGold just a day before Christmas, so I'm a latecomer to the Gen II remake scene.

Some critical things I've done so far:
    - Chose Cyndaquil (Harute) as my starter
    - Pokemon caught along routes: Hoothoot (Zero), Bellsprout (traded for Rocky)
    - Catch many Pokemon via PokeWalker (Ponyta, Spearow, Magnemite, just to name a few)
    - Defeated Sprout Tower, 1st Gym

Current team: Harute, Zero, Spearow, Rocky (all Level 9-10)

Continuing on from the last post I made...

From Violet City...

- unlocked Ruins of Alph & the hidden room in the 1st puzzle
    - Proceed to Azalea Town
    - Trained Pokemon to Level 16, to beat Azalea Gym
    - Went through Ilex Forest

Current Status: Exploring Goldenrod City

Pokemon:
    Zero (Hoothoot) Lvl 17
    Rocky (Onix, traded) Lvl 17
    Arias (Spearow, Pokewalker) Lvl 17
    Magnum (Flaaffy) Lvl 18
    Hayate (Quilava) Lvl 18

Update 3: My progress is still pretty slow, considering the time I spent on my DS. Anyways, moving on from the last point of the journal:

- Obtained Radio card for PokeGear, got 2 points from Buena's Password
    - Obtained Bike, Spraybottle
    - Defeated Goldenrod Gym
    - Captured Pinsir from Bug Catching contest
    - Captured Sudowoodo (now main team)
    - Proceed to Ecruteak City
    - Defeated Rival at Burned Tower

Current Status: Burned Tower, before unlocking Beast Trio

Current Main Team:

- Magnum (Flaaffy, Level 20)
    - Clubs (Sudowoodo, Level 20)
    - Arias (Fearow, Level 20)
    - Zero (Noctowl, Level 20)
    - Hayate (Quilava, Level 21)
    - Muscle (Machop, Level 22)

Reserve Team:

- Rocky (Onix, Level 19)

HM Team:
    - HM1 (Sentret, Level 3)

I need some opinion: is my main team not strong enough? Do I need to change any of my Pokemon to face the next few gyms?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Update 3: My progress is still pretty slow, considering the time I spent on my DS. Anyways, moving on from the last point of the journal:

- Obtained Radio card for PokeGear, got 2 points from Buena's Password
    - Obtained Bike, Spraybottle
    - Defeated Goldenrod Gym
    - Captured Pinsir from Bug Catching contest
    - Captured Sudowoodo (now main team)
    - Proceed to Ecruteak City
    - Defeated Rival at Burned Tower

Current Status: Burned Tower, before unlocking Beast Trio

Current Main Team:

- Magnum (Flaaffy, Level 20)
    - Clubs (Sudowoodo, Level 20)
    - Arias (Fearow, Level 20)
    - Zero (Noctowl, Level 20)
    - Hayate (Quilava, Level 21)
    - Muscle (Machop, Level 22)

Reserve Team:

- Rocky (Onix, Level 19)

HM Team:
    - HM1 (Sentret, Level 3)

I need some opinion: is my main team not strong enough? Do I need to change any of my Pokemon to face the next few gyms?

I actually like you team's chances against Chuck and Jasmine, doubting your need for Two bird though

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • Update #1: A huge one

After beating Falkner at the Violet City Gym I traded over two shiny friends of mine from the Sinnoh region, Trapinch and Aron. I knew I couldn't train them too much or they would stop listening to me so I kept my newly evolved Quilava on my team just in case things got ugly. After clearing house on Route 31 I managed to get Trapinch and Aron to lv10 but knew I could only raise them one more level before they stopped listening to me so I had to push through the Union Cave with only Quilava. Made it through the Union Cave without too much of a problem and got into Azalea Town where I had to go pwn some Team Rocket grunts before the one jerk would let me in the gym. After annihilating Team Rocket I challenged and easily defeated Bugsy and won badge number two while allowing Pokemon up to lv20 to obey me. Took on my Rival Silver and barely won before heading into the Ilex forest where I ran into about a million wild Pokemon trying to catch some lazy kids' Farfetch'd. After getting to Goldenrod City I decided it was time for me to part ways with Quilava for now so I boxed him a pressed on with only Trapinch and Aron. After beefing up my duo a bit, it was time to challenge Whitney of the Goldenrod Gym. Trapinch took out Clefairy with ease but due to it's lack of speed, fell to Miltank who was then walled and defeated by my steel Pokemon, Aron. With three badges in hand and Trapinch and Aron both at lv.21 I decided to enter the bug catching competition. With only a few minutes to go I landed myself a Scyther and won first place in the competition. Scyther joins the team and I send it over to Sinnoh to get a Metal Coat to evolve it into Scizor. With my new Scizor at my disposal I train my way up Route 36 and 37 into Ecruteak City. After defeating Silver in the burned tower, I decided not to challenge Morty right away and instead take my training to the Olivine City Lighthouse. Climbed to the top of the lighthouse and met Jasmine who wants me to get some medicine for her Ampharos and the only way to do that is to cross the sea. With all of my Pokemon in the upper 20's in lv I backtracked my way to Ecruteak to challenge Morty. It was a tough battle and came down to Scizor vs Gengar in the end. However, with only a few hitpoints left, Morty's Gengar manages to land a critical on my weakened Scizor and we lose the battle. Realizing that my team needed a serious boost in strength if we were going to beat Morty I went of and did a bit more training. After our training session, we returned to the gym with the favor in our hands this time and with a bit of luck Aron takes down Morty's Gengar and we finally earn badge number four. After finally being able to cross the sea to Cianwood, I immediately head for the gym where we had an epic clash with the gym leader Chuck but managed to defeat his Poliwrath and come up on top. Now with badge number five in hand, it was time to deliver Amphy's medicine back to Jasmine. Delighted, she finaly returns to the gym. With two Pokemon in my arsenal that know ground type moves I felt pretty confident but Jasmine's Steelix proved to be more than we could handle as we lost to the Steel type gym leader pretty badly. Decided to go lv up some more so I took the team west to Mahogany Town and up to the lake of rage where we met Lance and captured a red Gyarados.

Evolutions in this update:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Just defeated Sudowoodo. Weakened him slightly with Nidoran, took him to the red with Growlithe who got lucky with Bite (Sudowoodo flinched three times). Sent out Sandshrew whilst I threw Ultra Balls at Sudowoodo. Caught him with my third ball.

Croconaw Lv. 23
    Pidgeotto Lv. 23
    Flaaffy Lv. 22
    Nidoran Lv. 14
    Growlithe Lv. 15
    Sudowoodo Lv. 20

My next goal is to get Nidoran and Growlithe up to Level 20, before travelling to Ecruteak City. I probably won't keep Sudowoodo in my party after I get access to an Eevee - I am probably going to trade it over to Platinum and evolve it into a Leafeon and then bring it into my HeartGold.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So I beat the E4, fixed the power plant problem in kanto, and am working my way up to Mt. Moon. My team that beat the E4 is:

Sparky Lucas Brawny Raphael Hawker Geist

But since entering Kanto, a few members have changed. I've replaced pidgeot with,
    (no nickname yet)
    and Geist is now

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Just a little flashback on past updates.

Spoiler:

Update 4 now. One month anniversary to my first Pokemon game since Primary school (of course with original cartridge).

Nothing much is done here. I only went to a couple of optional areas before proceeding to the next gym.

However, I made a few changes to the team. I'll reveal my team later as I have yet to get back my DS from a friend. :)

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I decided to make a new game today, because I lost my Nuzlocke and I can bide my time waiting for Black and White. If that doesn't work I'll do Platinum also, but for now it's Heart Gold time!

Ok I started with Cyndaquil because In Game, Cyndaquil and Totodile are the best starters (Sorry Chikorita, I love you anyways <3) and since I already have a planned Water Type I chose Cyndaquil.

I did all the boring stuff and decided to get my Spearow. All I found where Geodude and Rattata. Ok I caught the Geodude to aid me against Falkner, and I finally caught a Spearow. Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk,-Atk) What?!? Ok I try again, and I get a Timid Nature one (+Speed,-Atk) okyou know what screw this, time to trade.

I traded my Spearow for a Starly because I have no plans of using a Fighting Type Pokemon, so Close Combat late game will hjelp. I Beat Falkner with Rock Polish Set up Geodude and decided to put Geodude in the PC because I have no use for it anymore.

I caught a Wooper to help me in Union Cave (Name?) because Fire,Normal,Fighting Coverage won't be togood against Rock types. After that I put Wooper in the PC and beat Rockets, Bugzy and Rival. My team of two were then in the high 10's.

I catch a Oddish for Cut and proceed to Goldenrod. Then I quickly do the Game Corner to get my third team member, Dratini. I beat Whittney with the trio and I buy Fire Blast, Thunder and 2 Blizzards. I gave Fire Blast to Quilava and Blizzard to Dratini. Now I'm waiting for Tuesday for my 4th team member and I don't like clock altering.

Hinoarashi Avian Kairyu
    Lvl 22 Lvl 23 Lvl 20

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Its been a while. I've pretyt much swept all the Kanto leaders and have been granted access to Mt. Silver, my main team is

Skarmory Lvl. 57
    Dragonite Lvl. 57
    Ampharos Lvl. 59
    Typhlosion Lvl. 59
    Umbreon Lvl. 57
    Lapras Lvl. 56

However seeing as I'm too lazy to grind fully for Red, Im waiting for days when the S.S. Aqua departs to battle the trainers on board and rematches. I'm currently training up some alternate Pokés for possible use in battle frontier:

Shroomish -> Breloom
    Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gallade
    Kangaskhan
    Poliwhirl [Haven't decided if Im going to evolve it into Politoed or Poliwrath, any advice on that??]
    Trapinch -> Vibrava ->Flygon
    And Skarmoy fills the final slot for transport purposes xD

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Use Politoed, your going to have 2 Fighting Types already with Breloom and Gallade. No need for a Third.

Back