• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
Years
  • Age 35
  • Mew?
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Does anyone know how to make a movie/cutscene at the begening of the game, befor you can even move the main character?

halfling2

Breakfast Squid
Years
Kitsune_girl said:
Does anyone know how to make a movie/cutscene at the begening of the game, befor you can even move the main character?
Umm, I always have to move the character at least once. I guess you make an event and make it auto start. But make sure to erase it after because then it either starts over or you can't move, just in case you didn't know.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, you could do an auto start event as halfling2 said. IM/PM me if you need anymore help.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2005
I'm having trouble with adding pics to my rm2k3 game. It says, "the file could not be opened" and exists the game. Possibly a formatting error? If anyone can help me out it would be great!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I know absolutely nothing about scripting, is there any simple scripting tutorial that tells you how to do everything step by step?

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
Years
  • Age 35
  • Mew?
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
halfling2 said:
Umm, I always have to move the character at least once. I guess you make an event and make it auto start. But make sure to erase it after because then it either starts over or you can't move, just in case you didn't know.

Thanks, it worked:)

By the way, how do you make monsters randomly appear? I'm trying to make a cave where they appear, but I have no clue how to do it.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Variable operations>>Random Number Between (from 0 to whatever number you wish)
And then do a conditional event for each number.

Or if you're just using the DBS, you could just right click on the map you wish to use, then click on "New Area." Then select the specific monster group that you wish to use.

Just tell me if you don't get that.

Last edited:

sobeman459

????????
Years
  • Age 33
  • Here
  • Seen May 3, 2007
Im looking for a rmxp sprite for a robed man pokemon style thx

ps can i get one in dark blue and one in black with his hood down i dont care how the face looks thx

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
Alright, I've got two questions. I have been working with RM2k3 for about a year, but I seem to run into this problem a lot. Whenever I try to import a picture, it says "Invalid Color Depth" or "Unsupported PNG". I have Photoshop, but I don't know how to change the settings.

My second question, is about 'moving the pictures' around. For example, I am trying to make an introduction and move some of the Pok?mon around like a battle scene or something. I hope that explains it.

Thanks in advance
AbareMax

halfling2

Breakfast Squid
Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Variable operations>>Random Number Between (from 0 to whatever number you wish)
And then do a conditional event for each number.

Or if you're just using the DBS, you could just right click on the map you wish to use, then click on "New Area." Then select the specific monster group that you wish to use.

Just tell me if you don't get that.
Well, in my game every time you make a new map you can put the encounter rate, but I don't know how you do the grass thing without it being really screwed up and having an event for each area where you enter the grass, plus the thing with cutting the grass. I was just thinking about it, I'm not making a Pokemon game yet so I haven't tried.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2005
I'm searching for all the attack animations of Pokemon R/S.
Not the Pokemon themselves, but the attacks.
Are there some out already?

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I think that rm2k3kid may have used some tile substitution events to do the stairs animation.

Years
'Slow' status in RPGMKXP

I am using RPG Maker XP Postality Knights Edition to create a few games I thought of. Unfortunatly, I'm only workign on the Database and not maps right now. Anyway, My game involves the passing and manipulation of Time, and I've run into a problem. After much babblign here's my question:

How do I make a 'status' effect that would show a 'slowed' effect, such as that of Final Fantasy or other such RPG's where it cuts the targets speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back