• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    in rmxp i'm tryna remake the cyndaquil in a ball script and here's wat i hav
    i need tips on how to enable the pokemon menu

Krusty

6 string shredder and art dude
    Years
    Can someone tell me how to change the tile size in RPGMaker XP. Do I just use 16*16 tiles in the tileset or am I stuck having to make 32*32 tiles?

Also anyone know of any good music recording software? Like Audacity only better... and free?

And, with RPG Maker XP can you make the maps connect with each other seemlessly or is there a loading time between maps. Like for example, youleave Pallet Town to route 1, will it have to stop and load the new area (route 1) or can you just continue walking?

And, I know I ask a lot, I just switched off of Sphere (no time to learn JavaScript) and I need to know, is the scripting language, RGSS?, any easier or what?

Thanks for any replies. :)

[edit]And how do you change the window size, I want it to be like 320 * 240 or something smaller than default.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    how do u change the map which opens in the beginning in rmxp default is id:001 i wannna change it to 004

edit: i figured it out but i need help on how to make events such as sprites of people dissapearing as i talk to somebody

Last edited:

Ethreale

Head of the Syndicate
    Years
    the title screen is the first screen that appears when you open up the game for test play, etc. After opening the file go to (Game > Test Play)

Ok, I looked throught these forums and I couldn't find it so I'll just post it here. Does anyone have a tileset for the inside of a pokemon center they could give to me?(I use RMXP btw). I would appreciate it if you would just pm it to me rather than posting it here.
    thank you in advance for whoever helps me.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
    if you had looked all ove these fourms you would have fond that the PKMN Center is in the FIRST POST in the RESOURCE THREAD!!

The_Bunny_King

God Of The Bunnies :P
    Years
    does any1 have any pokemon battle characters for rm2k3?

Krusty: There is a good script to edit the screen size in pokemon metropolis (by Krazy Merkat and RM2k Kid)

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The_Bunny_King said:
    does any1 have any pokemon battle characters for rm2k3?

Krusty: There is a good script to edit the screen size in pokemon metropolis (by Krazy Merkat and RM2k Kid)
    I'm thinking that you're trying to use the DBS as a substitute pokemon battle system.

Hey, why not try out the RM2K3 pokemon CBS? It's not complete, but it's quite accurate. Well, apart from the pokemon changing system.

The_Bunny_King

Years
    where can i get it? thx message too short never mind i saw it in your sig

edit:no offense to anyone but i don't really like it that system... i'm still looking for battle charas. Anyone? (facing up + left) oposite of ruby, similar to pokemon illusion)

Last edited:

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
    I was working on the scripts in my pokemon game and all of a sudden now all the text is blank how can I fix this?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    never mind i figured out how to make it work sorry for this post just delete it

(yes it did have a question in it but liek it said i answered it my self)

Last edited:

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    Q's and A's

1. How exactly to you warp in RPG Maker 2000, like enter a house, I just need to know how to create a warp, is the event function called teleport?

2. When I click on Chipsets, you will see that the whole chipset is full of X's and O's, what do those mean? I think one is allowing you to go through the object, one isn't, bit confused on which one it is.

3. How do you set a starting party position, I went to the event mode, double clicked but no option had "Party position" in it

Help plz?

The_Bunny_King

Years
    1. yeah the event fnction is teleport
    2. X = cant walk on 0 = can walk on
    3. Right Click where u want to start and there is an option called " set start position"

Years
    i just got RPG Maker XP and i need help on where to get materials because i want to make a pokemon game so if someone can tell me where to get the tilesets and all the stuff i need to make a pokemon game i would be very grateful

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back