• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    I had nothing more to say....truly I dont understand the reason its there. but I will try and respect it. I already have a sprite but it wont let my import it cause I need to make a charset out of it! If you go to my post on page 30 you would understand....

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Dashiel please if you can't help properly, don't post.

Anyway, for making charsets and tilesets you have to follow some rules concerning width and height and position. Since you changed your likings to Rmxp (as you told me on msn), I'll explain the basics:

A charset in Rmxp is like this:

01 02 03 04
    05 06 07 08
    09 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16

Each number represent a frame
    01~04 (down)
    05~08 (left)
    09~12 (right)
    13~16 (up)

Each frame must be 1/4 of the total width and height (can be any size).

For tilesets, each tile is a 32x32 square. They must be dispose like this:

01 02 03 04 05 06
    07 08 09 10 11 12

and so on, with infinite vertical squares. Just be sure to have 6 horizontal tiles.

Thats it for making a charset, tileset.

(and yes I know I already explained to you on msn, but here people can read and won't need to ask again)

~Azura.

Years
  • Pandoras_Angel said:
    I had nothing more to say....truly I dont understand the reason its there. but I will try and respect it. I already have a sprite but it wont let my import it cause I need to make a charset out of it! If you go to my post on page 30 you would understand....
    It's there so we don't get tons of spam posts only containing "lol", "hi" or "XD" for example. It also forces people to actually do a little thinking before they post.
    Adhere to the rules, and don't do it again.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    How can I make a tileset in paint??
    For my restaurant tileset afcourse....
    But if anyone now where i cacn find some please tell me...

Trainer of Belossoms

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    thanks Azura..I'm glad you were able to help me..also..Dash..um, the half-a*sed posts...getting alittle annoying..

Trainer - Azura's above post should help...

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    If this is breaking a rule please delete this but this is a gray area questoin. Is it illegal to make games and let people play them with the not paid for rpmxp

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    do you mean your still using the trial or you obtained the serial with out paying? either way i dont think its illegal..how you obtain the serial is your issue...people are still allowed to play your games..

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    Requesting again... does anyone have an overworld battle system for RMXP (so you can just press a button, and an attack fires and hits an opponent {don't worry, I already have the whole enemy HP and hero HP thing figured out})?

Also, I managed to put in a jump system, but the character always jumps twice. Is there any way to fix this?

Years
  • frogla said:
    If this is breaking a rule please delete this but this is a gray area questoin. Is it illegal to make games and let people play them with the not paid for rpmxp
    It is against the rules to discuss (or provide a link to download) RPG Maker XP.
    It is not against the rules to make a game with the illegal version.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Ultima Shadow - you can just search for an abs(action battle system) theres 3 scripts I know that are abs but I don't know the links but I know how made them. one is near frantic(or something like that), um...oh yeah shark_tooth(he made the best one), and I prexus or something like that :P. yeah so just search but i'm not sure if there still out because I only saw them on rmxp.net but it want down long ago.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    @Illusion Gaming: you wanted to say Near Fantastica's ABS. ;)

~Azura.

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    Illusion Gaming said:
    Ultima Shadow - you can just search for an abs(action battle system) theres 3 scripts I know that are abs but I don't know the links but I know how made them. one is near frantic(or something like that), um...oh yeah shark_tooth(he made the best one), and I prexus or something like that :P. yeah so just search but i'm not sure if there still out because I only saw them on rmxp.net but it want down long ago.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with script... it's ruined my older game. For now, I just need a way to prevent double-jumping, the rest is fine (for now xP)

ENCLOSED: A screenshot of the Common Event I'm using. In case anyone's wondering, I'm making a Mario RPG that doesn't have many RPG elements... sorta like a cross between Superstar Saga and Sonic Battle.

EDIT, MUCH LATER: I have run into a major problem, so I may need that ABS. xPPPPPP

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    I am using the exteradude starter kit and I want to know why the screen doesnt stretch, I want to be able to see more of the map. By the way I went into full screen mode then pressed alt+enter again to get this.Take a look and help.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    @Ultima Shadow: he jumps twice because of those +2, -2, etc... just change to +1, -1 and you'll be fine.

@Ssjsaiyan: search for Win32API* class in the script editor, then change the

$width = 240 * 2
    $height = 160 * 2

part to something higher. That makes the screen 480x320... you may want to put 640x480 to get original res.

~Azura.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
  • ash jr. said:
    I'm using Rpg maker 2003 and I'm lost on how to make common events or put in my own stuff... plz help me!
    In that case, you need some newb tutorials. There are a bunch here.

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    AzuraBR said:
    @Ultima Shadow: he jumps twice because of those +2, -2, etc... just change to +1, -1 and you'll be fine.
    ~Azura.

That was the first thing I tried... but it still didn't work! >:O :( RMXP must hate me or something... right now, I have RM2k, RM2k3, RMXP and GM6 (I hate it, though)... which one would be best for this purpose?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back