• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    AzuraBR said:
    @Ultima Shadow: he jumps twice because of those +2, -2, etc... just change to +1, -1 and you'll be fine.

@Ssjsaiyan: search for Win32API* class in the script editor, then change the

part to something higher. That makes the screen 480x320... you may want to put 640x480 to get original res.

~Azura.
    Thanks but I sorta found thjat out by myself.

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    Minorthreat0987 said:
    okay so im using the RMXP Pokemon Starter kit and i know it has an out of box choices but you cant use it at all so i was wondering if someone has one they would donate to Pokemon Mystic Light and Pokemon Golden Heights(a G/S/C remake that I haven't made a thread yet) or help me write one like tell me how to make one, Please help

~Minorthreat~
    hey could you post the starterkit or a link to were you download it please?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    Here's the exteradude rmxp starter kit : https://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=259765

Questions(Using Exteradude starter kit)

1)How do I move the text down in battle?
    2)How do I edit the battleback? It doesnt work from editing the database
    3) I can't change the size of the battleback either, how do i do this?

See pictures attached

Last edited:

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    how do you download it from the link theres nothing that says download?
    edit:nevermind

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    does any1 have something for rpg maker xp that allows you to read?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    wen i open a game i caNT read.

Kunoichi

The one who dreams alone
    Years
    I'm new to this, so you have to explain step by step for me ^^;;
    I want to make the size of my map bigger, is there any way I can do that other than the default size they give for RPGmaker XP? I'm very new and just trying to do basics... like events. ^^;;

Oh, also.

I have an idea for a game, but the thing is- it will take way too long for me to do with the proper pokemon pictures e.t.c. and my plot doesn't really require it. I also like the RPG XP maker graphics for water e.t.c. and characters- if I edit and work with them, would all of you still like the game (because it still is a pokemon game) but without the images that have been branded into the original game by nintendo and gamefreak. Or should I attempt with pokemon graphics?

Thank you for your time. PM me if you can offer more basic help as some of the tutorials I don't understand at all- particularly this link that I followed for syntax... >_> I'd be very grateful.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Changing the Map size is pretty easy. Just right-click on the map you want to change, and click on "Map Properties". Then, in the next pop-up window, there should be something that says something like: "Dimensions". The lowest you can go is 20x15. But you can make the map bigger.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Found this on google images:
    Help and Request Thread

Is it what you meant?

Kunoichi

The one who dreams alone
    Years
    LegosJedi said:
    Changing the Map size is pretty easy. Just right-click on the map you want to change, and click on "Map Properties". Then, in the next pop-up window, there should be something that says something like: "Dimensions". The lowest you can go is 20x15. But you can make the map bigger.

Thank you very much. Now I can finally make an overworld, hehe. =D

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
    Years
    I'm using the Pokemon Staterkit, and I have a strange problem.

I copied over the reflection script, set what I wanted to be reflective to terrain type-7, and even tried copying over the exact tileset setting from Blizzy's original Starter Kit (which had proof of reflections)...

...but I see no reflections.

I remember seeing another reflection script once that required placing an event in the area of terrain you wanted to be reflective, that dosen't appear to be needed in Blizzy's Starter kit.

I'm using Exteradude's starter kit, but the reflection script from Blizzy's. Exteradude's version didn't work either.

Unless somthing else was edited besides the CBS that is canceling out the script? Even with it at the bottom of the script veiwer (but above Main)?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    Hello!
    I'm making a game on RPG Maker XP and I need The day and night system....
    If someone now where I can find it please tell me..

Trainer of Belossoms

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Jirbytaylor said:
    I'm using the Pokemon Staterkit, and I have a strange problem.

I copied over the reflection script, set what I wanted to be reflective to terrain type-7, and even tried copying over the exact tileset setting from Blizzy's original Starter Kit (which had proof of reflections)...

...but I see no reflections.

I remember seeing another reflection script once that required placing an event in the area of terrain you wanted to be reflective, that dosen't appear to be needed in Blizzy's Starter kit.

I'm using Exteradude's starter kit, but the reflection script from Blizzy's. Exteradude's version didn't work either.

Unless somthing else was edited besides the CBS that is canceling out the script? Even with it at the bottom of the script veiwer (but above Main)?

Are you using a Legal or an Illigal version? I had that problem before I brought RMXP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back