• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt12345678

The Famous N00b
    Years
    in map editing (RMXP) when I am editing lower layers, i can't see the above layers... I would normally see a transparent image of it....

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I know this is kind of a newbish question, but how do I use frames in Rpg2003

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
    Years
    Matt12345678 said:
    in map editing (RMXP) when I am editing lower layers, i can't see the above layers... I would normally see a transparent image of it....

It's simple. You just need to go to View, and then se?ect the "All Layers" option and tic the "Dim other Layers" option (for the other layers to come out transparent-like) :)

Matt12345678

The Famous N00b
    Years
    Sylph said:
    It's simple. You just need to go to View, and then se?ect the "All Layers" option and tic the "Dim other Layers" option (for the other layers to come out transparent-like)
    thank you! :) im too stupid to think about what the options mean.... :P

Dream Illusionist

Years
    ~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~ said:
    Okay, this is kind of a stupid question, but...

Once I've imported some Pokemon Chipsets, how exactly do I start using them? You know, because they didn't come in the RTP. (RM2K3, that is).

After you imported the chipset, you need to go to the "Database" (the little icon to the left of the "Import and Export Resources" button).
    There, you go to the category "Tileset", and you'll see there will be 5 chipsets to start. Select array size to make more chipset slots. Then, on an empty slot, import the pok?mon chipset (Tileset File). Now, you have to take care of the tileset priorities and blocking.
    You'll see it will have an upper layer and a lower layer categories: you must edit both:

You select the passability option, and choose if its blockable, walkable, or if the character goes under that tile (a priority)
    The O is passable
    The X is blockable
    The * is priority
    Select Apply then Ok to save what you changed.

Then, on the map, you just need to swap the regular chipset with your own.

:) Hope you got it.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    limy85 said:
    Hi how do i make screenshots?
    Easy, all you need to do is press Alt+Print Screen
    limy85 said:
    What are the controls cause i made a pokedex but i don't know how to get it up in my game?
    I'm not too sure exactly what you mean by that, what you need to do is make a Pokedex system using RGSS (RMXP), Lots of Events (RM2k/3), Javascript (Sphere). I'm currently working on a Pok?dex script with RGSS but failing at a few parts...
    As soon as I have one that works I will see what I can do to help you too.

BTW does anyone know how to make rgss look at an "outside folder".
    I want to be able to put sprites from different folders in my Pok?dex and CBS system...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2009
    Hello.

My Problem is that I can't open the Pok?mon StarterKit for RMXP.
    When I will open it, the ZIP has 0 Bytes and is empty.
    Does anybody knows how I can get the StarterKit?

Sorry if my english is incorrect but I am from Austria and I can't speak and write english very well :embarrass

Budgie_boy

Years
    Son Goku SSJ4 said:
    Hello.

My Problem is that I can't open the Pok?mon StarterKit for RMXP.
    When I will open it, the ZIP has 0 Bytes and is empty.
    Does anybody knows how I can get the StarterKit?

Sorry if my english is incorrect but I am from Austria and I can't speak and write english very well :embarrass
    That's because the starter kit is no longer available, blizzy decide to take a break from everyone asking about a release of the next demo, so there is no more starter kit, what you will need to do is make your own Custom Sytems using RGSS...

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2009
    Oh, okay. Thanks.

RGSS is very diffycult for me and so I hope that I can use this StarterKit.
    But when it was deleted thats also okay, then I will search Help in other Forums.
    The Problem is that I will make a Pok?mon Game and I haven't a Pok?mon-Battle-Script.
    You know, that in the Videogames you will be challenged by a Trainer if he see you and thats the matter. I don't know how to use Events to make a Move-Event for the Trainer.
    Because if I go on the Route and a Trainer see me, then he should go in front of me and make a Battle.
    And I don't know how to make Pok?mons that appear in the Gras and they must be catchable. The Attacks are the third Problem, because the Types with Fire, Ice, Dragon and so on are using Variables and thats very hard when you haven't any Friends who helps you.
    I have the Story, I have the Pok?mons, I have the Maps and I also have the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. But I haven't any Friends who can helps me.
    I hope that I will found someone who will help me with my Pok?mon Project.

Budgie_boy

Years
    Son Goku SSJ4 said:
    Oh, okay. Thanks.

RGSS is very diffycult for me and so I hope that I can use this StarterKit.
    But when it was deleted thats also okay, then I will search Help in other Forums.
    The Problem is that I will make a Pok?mon Game and I haven't a Pok?mon-Battle-Script.
    You know, that in the Videogames you will be challenged by a Trainer if he see you and thats the matter. I don't know how to use Events to make a Move-Event for the Trainer.
    Because if I go on the Route and a Trainer see me, then he should go in front of me and make a Battle.
    And I don't know how to make Pok?mons that appear in the Gras and they must be catchable. The Attacks are the third Problem, because the Types with Fire, Ice, Dragon and so on are using Variables and thats very hard when you haven't any Friends who helps you.
    I have the Story, I have the Pok?mons, I have the Maps and I also have the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. But I haven't any Friends who can helps me.
    I hope that I will found someone who will help me with my Pok?mon Project.
    Check the Tutorials page, I will go over the *very* basic stuff you need to do...

Budgie_boy

Years
    At the moment I am working on a few custom systems on my game to make it look like an actual pok?mon game.

I have also found out that there are a lot of noobs and even decent mappers in these forums who have difficulties when trying to develop a CBS.

Here are the things that I know about making a CBS:
    .....erm.....Nothing!

I'm just Joking!!!

Below are the instructions to start off a CBS (USE A NEW PROJECT!!!):

1. Create a new script in the "Script Viewer" and call it "CBS" (Easy to remember)
    2. On the blank page Write this:

#======================================================
    # A custom battle system by Budgie_boy of www.pokecommunity.com
    # Also done by everyone else who wants to help
    #---------------------------------------------------------------------
    #======================================================
    class Game_CustomBattle #Just the very basic of battler variables
    #----------------------
    attr_accessor : Frontsprite_name #Name of the front battle Sprite
    attr_accessor : Backsprite_name #Name of the back battle Sprite

attr_accessor : Type_one #The main type of Pok?mon
    attr_accessor : Type_Two #The second type of the pok?mon (If dual type)
    attr_accessor : Level #The level of the pok?mon
    attr_accessor : HP #Health Points
    attr_accessor : ExP #Experience Point

attr_accessor : Att #Attack Power
    attr_accessor : Sp_Att # Special Attack
    attr_accessor : Def #Defence Power
    attr_accessor : Sp_Def # Special Defence
    attr_accessor : Agi #Agilty

attr_accessor : Ability #The abolity of the pok?mon
    attr_accessor : Trainer_ID #The trainer ID of the Pok?mon

attr_accessor : Attack_One #Name of attack in slot 1
    attr_accessor : Attackone_Type #Type of attack in slot 1
    attr_accessor : Attackone_PP #Power Point Value of the attack.

attr_accessor : Attack_two #Name of attack in slot 2
    attr_accessor : Attacktwo_Type #Type of attack in slot 2
    attr_accessor : Attacktwo_PP #Power Point Value of the attack.

attr_accessor : Attack_Three #Name of attack in slot 3
    attr_accessor : Attackthree_Type #Type of attack in slot 3
    attr_accessor : Attackthree_PP #Power Point Value of the attack.

attr_accessor : Attack_four #Name of attack in slot 4
    attr_accessor : Attackfour_Type #Type of attack in slot 4
    attr_accessor : Attackfour_PP #Power Point Value of the attack.

This is all I got so far, I'm still working on one!!

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
    Hey Budgie Boy, that Custom CBS, do i have to copy that for every pokemon that i may use, or is it just ment to be a basic demo CBS??

Dream Illusionist

Years
    ~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~ said:
    Okay, for some reason, the CharSets (made by Avatar) won't get imported when I try to upload them. The error message says "Invalid image size". What do I do?

PS: This is on RM2K3, thank you.

That's because the charsets that you're using are on RMXP format - you must transform them unto RM2k3 graphics. (Use the RM2k3 <-> RMXP Converter or do it by hand)

And remember - you must ask for Avatar's authorization before you use them :)

Budgie_boy

Years
    Demonic Budha said:
    Hey Budgie Boy, that Custom CBS, do i have to copy that for every pokemon that i may use, or is it just ment to be a basic demo CBS??
    It's only what I have so far>>>

You only need to do that once I think...

If you want more than one pok?mon you have to add:
    Attr_Accessor : Party_Number #Slot number in party (1-6)

You'll also need to add below each attack variable:

Attr_Accessor : Attack_Power #Power of attack (out of 100)
    Attr_Accessor : Attack_Accuracy #Accuracy of attack (out of 100)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back