• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
  • I use the lower layer only for floor tiles. The middle and higher layers are for items. The higher layer stays at the forefront of the map and anything on the middle layer will be shown behind it.

I read somewhere that the best way to describe what each layer was for was like:
    -First layer:- Ground tiles
    -Second layer:- Houses and trees
    -Third layer:- Windows, doors, flowers, fences etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2006
    Can i request some characters of Final Fantasy X for RPG Maker XP..
    I would like Wakka, Rikku,Seymur and Paine...

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    I'm making a Pokemon game- Pokemon Omega- and I've run into a major snag... I can't find any RMXP Charsets for Ruby and Sapphire/Brendan and May!

Can I please have ripped sprites from FR/LG of Brendan and May, in all six poses- walking, running, fishing, surfing, lifting a Pokeball and cycling for both characters in RMXP style? I apologise if it is too ambitious a project, and I also apologise if my grammar is incorrect... staying up watching my brother play Fallout 2 last night was a bad idea.

btw, can I please have the sprites in 192(width)x256(height)? Once again, thanks.

When it is done/found, may I please be PMed? Ta.

Reposting my request. If you can't do it, can someone at least point me to someone or somewhere that can? Thank you!

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • events and painting

Anyone can tell me how to make an event like this in RMXP ?

Example: I am making a house with a person standing in front of it. Unless you have obtained a certain object, you can't enter.

Example: (without item) "Sorry, you can't pass without a scale."
    (with item) "Ah, so you have a scale, please proceed" (steps to the left and allows you to proceed.)

I also need that event to occur only once. Anyway to do it?

2. What program do people use to make good title screens? Paint? I find it hard in Paint to make a good one.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • Well, I use paint. Anywho...

All you do is:

1. Make the first event: the guy and the event should be just the message about you not being able to pass.
    2. In the event where you get the scale make a "Variable operation" +1 of a variable you make. (When you open variable operation you can selsect a variable. Select a blank one and remake it to your liking)
    3. Make a new page and Assign the variable to the event (person) with name scale or something.
    4. Reassign the picture and make the event on teh second page with the event and teh passing.
    5. Next, Make another "variable operation" on the second page and name it scale event over or something.
    6. Make a new page thats the man at the moved position or not there. If necesarry, make it no picture and phased. (it wont be there anymore and it will be walked over there)
    7. Youre done!

Youre welcome!

001 XD

001 XD
    Years
  • does anyone have any good sprites for rmxp like if your just a novice in a game you dont have much but clothes does anyone have a sprite like or anything like that male and female please if you have credits will be givin for the game I make.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2007
    Hello? How come when I download Blizzy's kit, it has nothing in it? I can't extract it because there are no files to extract.

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    I'd wait for Exteradude to finish his edited starter kit, but if you look through Blizzy's thread, you can still find beta versions with files inside the ZIP. They're not quite complete, but they're good until Exteradude finishes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2007
    Ultima Shadow said:
    I'd wait for Exteradude to finish his edited starter kit, but if you look through Blizzy's thread, you can still find beta versions with files inside the ZIP. They're not quite complete, but they're good until Exteradude finishes.
    Ok, thanks. I guess I'll use Exteradude's.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • I have a question for RM2K/3: how can I make an event where, say you're on the second floor of a building, and after a boulder gets pushed over a hole, a switch is activated that makes it appear somewhere on the floor below?

I need this to fully remake the Blackthorn Gym and the Ice Cave.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • Oh, I got it! Maybe use the conditional branch, player/event (the boulder) is at certain x/y positions. So when you and the boulder are at the spot where the hole is, the hole will be passable and when the boulder goes ontop the event of falling/variable of the boulder bing below will function... see if that works...

Oh and does anyone have that random like mini mountain rocklike thing you see in pokemon games? like this? Its for an rmxp tileset! Thanks!
    Help and Request Thread

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    They're already in there, I think. Isn't it just the dome kinda thing, except only with the corners?

Anyway, I reeeeeaaaally need those sprites! My game's doomed without them!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back