• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
If you mean the starter kit for RMXP, there's a link to it in poccil's signature. You'll need RMXP to use it though; just search for it on Google.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The one which says "Pokemon Essentials". There's a link on that page to download pokestarter.zip, which is the starter kit.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Please see the section "Displaying a Player-Supplied Name for a Trainer" in the Pokemon
Essentials documentation for information on displaying the name of a rival.
I can't seem to find that section. -_-;;

Edit: Meh, I found it on the new notes in your sig. My Essentials is REALLY old. I got to get it upgraded.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I need a little help with a system I'm trying to implement in my game.

I'm using poccil's Pokemon Essentials in RMXP.

I'm creating a Safari Zone-like area, but you can only enter it once a day. I want it to reset at midnight. How can I do this?

The inside of this area also changes each day of the week. I'm going to have seven different maps, but I need to know how to make it take you to a different map each day. I'm thinking something with conditional branches and a script that determines what day it is, but I don't know how to do it exactly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and of course you will be credited!

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
I need a little help with a system I'm trying to implement in my game.

I'm using poccil's Pokemon Essentials in RMXP.

I'm creating a Safari Zone-like area, but you can only enter it once a day. I want it to reset at midnight. How can I do this?

The inside of this area also changes each day of the week. I'm going to have seven different maps, but I need to know how to make it take you to a different map each day. I'm thinking something with conditional branches and a script that determines what day it is, but I don't know how to do it exactly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and of course you will be credited!
i think:
set up the guy to let you in like it is in the starter kit (on MAP013)
except where Poccil/flameguru put the transfer player you put a conditional branch using the script pbIsWeekday(1,[day],[day2])
where [day]/[day2] is a number between 0 and 6 (0 being sunday, 1 - monday etc.), [day2] is optional and it is for when two days have the same map (although you could do more) and then inside the branch you put the transfer player and you set it to transfer the player to the map for the day. and you put one branch in for each day

if that's not clear enough i'll try get a screenshot for it

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I'm trying to figure that out, but I'm a total noob when it comes to scripts. I'll try it out right now.

I think I got it. Thanks so much! Just out of curiosity, what is the first "1" before the day of the week for?

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I was wondering if there's an easy way to create a TV system.

It will normally show random commercials or TV programs, but when there's something important going on, it shows information about that. For example, store sales, Pokemon sightings, etc.

I was thinking about just making a common event with conditional branches checking for the TV variable.

i.e. Variable=0 means nothing is happening, and it will just show one of the random commercials, but for all other numbers, something is happening, and you need to check it out.

I guess I don't really need to explain the whole thing. But I was just wondering if there's an easier way. (Although this way seems pretty easy, now that I think about it.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
That would probably be the easiest way.
And the 1 in the pbIsWeekday method is a variable number to save the current day of the week to; in this case, variable number 1.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
That would probably be the easiest way.
And the 1 in the pbIsWeekday method is a variable number to save the current day of the week to; in this case, variable number 1.

Thanks! I'm going to try to figure out once a day admittance using that "1".

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2010
Problem

i am trying to create a new pokemon game and cannot get the picture in the trainer menu to change. i have a picture already selected to switch the original for but cannot find a program or other such information to get it done. help would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

if i am somehow breaking a rule please alert me and i will do my best to not repeat it.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Hey everyone I'm having a problem finding good fire red tiles for RPG2003 Can someone please tell me where to find some? Thanks so much!!

EDIT; A friend helped me and Im all set now with RPGXP. But now when I test play the game the character is transparent (you can't see the character.
IMG Of the no trainer screen =[
2ugi51u.png

(Using PKMN Essentials)

Last edited:

Rumblerum

How's Sinnoh
Years
Can someone please help me.Everytime I try to PlayTest my game an error message comes up (during the part in the Intro where you have to choose your gender).
It Says:
NoMethodError occurred while running script.
undefined method ` pbChangePlayer' for #<Interpreter:0x14f41e0>

Years
Hey everyone I'm having a problem finding good fire red tiles for RPG2003 Can someone please tell me where to find some? Thanks so much!!

EDIT; A friend helped me and Im all set now with RPGXP. But now when I test play the game the character is transparent (you can't see the character.
IMG Of the no trainer screen =[
2ugi51u.png

(Using PKMN Essentials)

I am guessing you did one or both of two things. You have changed the starting position of the player, you have deleted the Intro map, or both. The into map in Pokemon Essentials sets the character to male or female, gives it a sprite, name, and other things.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2009
Hey everyone does anyone have the pewter Museum tileset and the gym tilesets for RMXP, Im talking about the fire red ones?

please i really need them :P :P thanks in advance

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
  • Age 32
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
I've tried to open RPG Maker XP, but it says: "Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTiles server." Anyone know how to fix this?
Oh, and in case of "Warez version or Legal Version?", I have to say I got the legal version because I downloaded RMXP from the official website.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I've tried to open RPG Maker XP, but it says: "Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTiles server." Anyone know how to fix this?
Oh, and in case of "Warez version or Legal Version?", I have to say I got the legal version because I downloaded RMXP from the official website.

You're using windows vista am I right?
If so look here!
If not, then I can't really say what to do..

PoKéMaKeR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back