• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    In the PokemonPokedex script, find this line:
    Code:
    @sprites["icon"]=IconSprite.new(80,80,@viewport)
    Directly underneath it, add this line:
    Code:
    @sprites["icon"].tone.gray=255
    This will make the sprite greyscale. Change the number for different degrees of greyness.

Awesome, thanks so much Wichu!

Years
  • I need a shove in the right direction. how do i set the in battle music for wild battles (nothing plays atm)

Also, with custom battle backgrounds how do i set them for each map?

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • Need a little help with some things :>
    1.) Whenever I try to insert a tile, I have to restart RMXP and still, the tiel hasn't been inserted. I use GIMP to insert the tile.
    2.) Need some help with inserting poccil's Battle System into poccil's starter kit. (Trainer and wild)

If No. 2 isn't allowed to be asked, please inform me.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • Need a little help with some things :>
    1.) Whenever I try to insert a tile, I have to restart RMXP and still, the tiel hasn't been inserted. I use GIMP to insert the tile.
    2.) Need some help with inserting poccil's Battle System into poccil's starter kit. (Trainer and wild)

If No. 2 isn't allowed to be asked, please inform me.

for no.1, if you're trying to put a tileset into the game, go into the database and just click ok, it'll be updated with the added tileset

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2009
    I'm making a hack with RPGXP and Pokemon Essentials (Flameguru Pokestarter) and i duno why i can't move normaly? When i go 2 steps left, hero goes alone to the end of the map. In Starter Kit i can move normaly but there is no PBS and other new scripts. So i duno what to do... Someone help!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, I used the download in poccil's signature. Is that incorrect?
    That's the correct one. The battle system should already be included.
    I'm making a hack with RPGXP and Pokemon Essentials (Flameguru Pokestarter) and i duno why i can't move normaly? When i go 2 steps left, hero goes alone to the end of the map. In Starter Kit i can move normaly but there is no PBS and other new scripts. So i duno what to do... Someone help!
    Firstly, if you're using RMXP, it's not a hack. I'm not quite sure what you mean by your question; do you mean that when you take 2 steps to the left, you keep going even when you're not pressing any buttons?

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • That's the correct one. The battle system should already be included.
    Sorry I'm super dumb, I'm just new to RMXP. Are you saying that if I walk in grass tiles just by putting them in, pokemon will randomly appear? If no, then I think you misunderstand me. I need help putting it to use. I know the battle script is already in the starter kit.

Sorry If Im being harsh in a way, but I'm confused.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Sorry I'm super dumb, I'm just new to RMXP. Are you saying that if I walk in grass tiles just by putting them in, pokemon will randomly appear? If no, then I think you misunderstand me. I need help putting it to use. I know the battle script is already in the starter kit.

Sorry If Im being harsh in a way, but I'm confused.

You need to set the encounters as well, using the Editor.exe tool. Go to Set Encounters, choose a map and encounter type, and edit the Pokémon. But yes, Pokémon set to the Land encounter type will appear in grass tiles automatically (or any other tile with a Terrain Tag of 2).

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • Ah! Thank you very much, Wichu. I appreciate it. I also just noticed the Editor and saw Set Encounter. I knew I had the right thing xD

Know for No. 3!
    3.) How do I make the Menu system? If poccil has it in his essentials, how do I make it work?

Please tell me if I'm not allowed to ask this.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Ah! Thank you very much, Wichu. I appreciate it. I also just noticed the Editor and saw Set Encounter. I knew I had the right thing xD

Know for No. 3!
    3.) How do I make the Menu system? If poccil has it in his essentials, how do I make it work?

Please tell me if I'm not allowed to ask this.

press X while in game and Taa-Daa! Also, if you want to just put it in your game, just copy all the scripts from essentials to yours.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • Ok, thanks JV! =D I'll try it out right now =P

Edit; Wild Error Lv50 Appeared =[
    Help and Requests

Help, please. There is an error when I try to open the menu.

Last edited:

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Can someone please finish this region map for me? I'll add the paths and everything myself I just want the water, and land details done.

Whoever does this can add mountains or anything you want.

I'll try my best to repay you.

Help and Requests

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Ok, thanks JV! =D I'll try it out right now =P

Edit; Wild Error Lv50 Appeared =[
    Help and Requests

Help, please. There is an error when I try to open the menu.

I don't think you've initialized the trainer. Did you call the pbTrainerName script in the intro event?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back