• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm wanting to edit the position of sprites on the pokedex, so i've looked through the PokemonPokedex part in the script but i can't see anywhere obvious where I can edit the x and y coordinates of where the Pokémon's sprite is displayed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Line 293:
    Code:
     @sprites["icon"]=IconSprite.new(80,80,@viewport)
    That's for the main menu of the Pokédex. As for the actual dex entries, it's a bit more complicated. Lines 565 to 568:
    Code:
     @sprites["overlay"].bitmap.blt(
       40-(pkmnbitmap.width-128)/2,
       48-(pkmnbitmap.height-128)/2,
       pkmnbitmap,pkmnbitmap.rect)
    Edit the 40 and the 48.

Years
    Thanks again Wichu. I'm slowly learning what sort of things I need to edit in the scripts as to make my game more original. I'll probably be back when I try and edit the pokémon summary screen though >.<

Last edited:
    Years
    I have just started making my Pokemon game on RPG Maker Pro. I am wanting to make an event where just as the player is about to step out there front door it stops you and a text box comes up telling you to "go read the note thats on the table" Then only after you have done that you can leave the house.

Hope someone can help.
    Tah~

Years
    Tbh mate, that's really basic RPG Maker stuff. Look at some tutorials on google or youtube. Also, before you start making a Pokémon game- why not learn the basics of RPG Maker first, otherwise you'll never be able to do anytihng on your own.

Years
    Tbh mate, that's really basic RPG Maker stuff. Look at some tutorials on google or youtube. Also, before you start making a Pokémon game- why not learn the basics of RPG Maker first, otherwise you'll never be able to do anytihng on your own.

Look i posted here looking for an aswer not for that. You obviously know how to do it so please could you just help me with it?
    I know how to use the events "thing" im just not sure on how to make certain things happen yet.
    I have looked at tutorials, i am reading through the Notes file that came with the starter kit. I struggle to understand where to use what kind of command/script but once i get it i usually am able to remember it easily.
    Please help.

That first sentance of mine wasn't meant to sound rude or anything :D

Years
    Ok, so create an event by the exit in the house (i presume that's where you wanted it). Set the event command to show text, and write your 'read the note' bit. Underneath that set a move route command for the player to step one step back. Set the trigger to player touch.

Now on your note event (the thing you want people to read) after the text command, have it turn on a switch. Label the switch, 'NoteRead'. Now go back to your event blocking people leaving and make a new page. on the new page set the conditions to Switch 'NoteRead' (or something) = ON, leave the rest blank.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Ok, so create an event by the exit in the house (i presume that's where you wanted it). Set the event command to show text, and write your 'read the note' bit. Underneath that set a move route command for the player to step one step back. Set the trigger to player touch.

Now on your note event (the thing you want people to read) after the text command, have it turn on a switch. Label the switch, 'NoteRead'. Now go back to your event blocking people leaving and make a new page. on the new page set the conditions to Switch 'NoteRead' (or something) = ON, leave the rest blank.
    He already made a thread about the subject
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=187367

Years
    If anyone has the FRLG MIDI's from 4thGenMatt's resource thread, could you please upload them? I desperately need them for the game I'm working on.
    Thanks. (The main reason I'm asking is because the website that the FRLG MIDI's are linking to is down and has been for quite a few months).

I'm still waiting for someone to at least reply....surely someone has the FRLG MIDI's that were in 4thGenMatt's resource thread?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    Someone could teach me how to put a second screen on my RPG MAKER XP game?

Years
    I downloaded Kyledove's tilesets and they are really good but when i try to play my game i cannot walk on tiles that you should be able to walk on but i can walk on trees and the like. Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks~

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Press F9 to go to the Database, and go to the Tilesets tab. You can set the properties of each tile by by clicking the options at the right. You'll want to change the 'Passage' to solve that problem.

Years
    Press F9 to go to the Database, and go to the Tilesets tab. You can set the properties of each tile by by clicking the options at the right. You'll want to change the 'Passage' to solve that problem.

So your telling me that i have to go through each one individually and change it to the correct passage. Pretty much every single one that you should not be able to walk on is set so that you can walk on it.
    Woah man this is gonna take a while!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    I've got a RGSS problem for Pokemon Essentials here:

Code:
    125|     when PBItems::DUSKBALL
    126|       rareness*=4 if @environment==PBEnvironment::Cave || 127|((Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20))
    128|     else
    129|       rareness*=4 if !switchIsOn?(c.switch30_id)
    130|     end
    131|     when PBItems::QUICKBALL
    132|       rareness*=(5-[1,(@turncount/5).floor].max)
    133|      end

I get a syntax error on line 129 when trying to start the game.

Anybody knows why?
    Cause I'm pretty new to rgss and I'm not that good at it yet, xD

Thanks in advance~

//44tim44

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Are you trying to all Pokéballs to have 4x catch rate when a certain switch is on? Try this:
    Code:
    126|       rareness*=4 if @environment==PBEnvironment::Cave || 127|((Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20))
    127|     when PBItems::QUICKBALL
    128|       rareness*=(5-[1,(@turncount/5).floor].max)
    129|     end
    130|     rareness*=4 if $game_switches[30]

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Are you trying to all Pokéballs to have 4x catch rate when a certain switch is on? Try this:
    Code:
    129|     end

Actually, no that wasn't what I was trying to do...
    And I just realized my error, xD

I didn't notice this when I edited the script: PBEnvironment::Cave
    So I thought that the "cave part" of the script for duskball was missing,
    so I tried to make it check for a switch I was gonna have in every cave, xD

I guees my posts, were completly uesless, xD

Thanks anyway, wichu~

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Code:
    126|       rareness*=4 if @environment==PBEnvironment::Cave ||
    127|((Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20))
    129|     end
    That would make any ball have a 4x catch rate, so long as the switch is on. From tim's code, it seems he only wants the Dusk Ball to be changed. Try this:

Code:
    126|       rareness*=4 if @environment==PBEnvironment::Cave ||
    127|((Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20)) || $game_switches[30]
    129|     end

EDIT: Well, I'll leave this answer here anyway, even though you didn't need it. Someone else may want to do something similar, and they can extrapolate from this.

Years
    I need help. Was messing with the trainer card script and when I put things back I got it wrong. Now the trainer card is blank. This is the problem section as it is the only bit I edited
    Code:
    16   @sprites["card"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
    17    @sprites["card"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trcard.png")
    18    @sprites["overlay"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
    19   @sprites["overlay"].bitmap=Bitmap.new(Graphics.width,Graphics.height) 
    20   pbSetSystemFont(@sprites["overlay"].bitmap)

21  if $PokemonGlobal.trainerRecording
    22   $PokemonGlobal.trainerRecording.play

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back