• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG Maker Pro Event Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Wasn't sure where to post this. Sorry if wrong place.

I have just started making my Pokemon game on RPG Maker Pro. I am wanting to make an event where just as the player is about to step out there front door it stops you and a text box comes up telling you to "go read the note thats on the table" Then only after you have done that you can leave the house.

Hope someone can help.
    Tah~

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    It's RPG Maker XP, not Pro :P

Anyway, make an invisible event on the doormat, with a 'Player Touch' trigger. Add a text command, and a move route command to make the player move up.
    On the table, make a new event, with the contents of the note. At the end, set a switch (not a self switch) to 'ON'. Back on the doormat event, make a blank page, and set its condition to the switch you used.

Years
    It's RPG Maker XP, not Pro :P

Anyway, make an invisible event on the doormat, with a 'Player Touch' trigger. Add a text command, and a move route command to make the player move up.
    On the table, make a new event, with the contents of the note. At the end, set a switch (not a self switch) to 'ON'. Back on the doormat event, make a blank page, and set its condition to the switch you used.

Oh my bad! :D
    Thanks it worked a treat.
    Is there anyway to make it so that when the plater touches the invisible event the player walks over and reads the note automatically? Well i know there is im just a muppet thought haha :D

Edit: Wow! I managed to get it for myself. Thanks anyway!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back