• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorgames

you need to edit the sprite and edit the details in PBS metdata

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • I'm arfaid I don't understand this, sorry. Can i wiew example script for GIRATINA?

EDIT: But UNOWN changes only icon form. In battle is only A forme.
    How can I do PkMn pictures move, like in PkMn Emerald?
    This def is in PokemonUtilities, and deals with every instance of loading a pokemon sprite:

Code:
    [COLOR=Black]def [/COLOR][COLOR=Red]pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies[/COLOR](pokemon, species, back=[COLOR=Black]false[/COLOR])
      if pokemon.egg?
       return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
         sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg.png"))
      end
      bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
           pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
           back ? "b" : "")
      if isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:SPINDA) && !back
       bitmap=Bitmap.new(bitmapFileName)
       pbSpindaSpots(pokemon,bitmap)
       return bitmap
    [COLOR=Purple]elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:UNOWN)
       d=pokemon.personalID&3
       d|=((pokemon.personalID>>8)&3)<<2
       d|=((pokemon.personalID>>16)&3)<<4
       d|=((pokemon.personalID>>24)&3)<<6
       d%=28 # index of letter : ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!?
       begin
        [/COLOR][COLOR=Purple]# Load special bitmap if found
        # Example: 201b_02 for the letter C
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s_%02d.png",species,
           back ? "b" : "", d)
        )
       rescue
        [/COLOR][COLOR=Purple]# Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
       end
      end[/COLOR]
      return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapFileName)
     end
    The purple part chooses the correct form of Unown to use, and loads it.

If you wanted to do it for Giratina (assuming the Origin Forme is always used only when in map number 42 and/or or when it's holding the item "Special Orb"), you'd need to put something like the following directly above the purple part above:

Code:
    [COLOR=Black]elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:[COLOR=Red]GIRATINA[/COLOR])
       [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]if $game_map.map_id==[COLOR=Red]42[/COLOR] || pokemon.item==[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]PBItems::[/COLOR]SPECIALORB[/COLOR]
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s[COLOR=Red]_a[/COLOR].png",species,
        )
       rescue
        [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]# Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
       end
    [/COLOR]

The Origin Forme sprites should be named "123_a.png", "123b_a.png", "123s_a.png" and "123sb_a.png" (although with "123" replaced with whatever its index number is). Basically, the extra part is "_a" on the end of all the files.

This is a bit of a hack, though, since the non-item-related change depends only on what map you're currently standing on (acceptable for in battles and in your party, but the Pokédex sprite displayed will change as well depending on this, which you may not want). If you can live with that, then fair enough. If not, there's probably a way to get around it (perhaps copy this def and rename it slightly, then direct the Dex to use the copied def instead, with the copied def not changing the sprite depending on location and what have you).

4. how do i make my game double screened like on a ds?

5. how do you make pokemon sprites and trainer sprites animated like in Platinum and HG/SS?

7. how do you make it so you encounter a particular pokemon by pressing the action button infrot of a particular event?
    4. With difficulty, so I hear. Ask someone who's already achieved it. Don't complain if you don't get help with this, though, since some people tend to be tight-lipped with their work (particularly those who have gone through the trouble of working it out themselves and then not being nice enough to share - which is all of them, and I don't blame them, to be honest).

5. With some difficulty, so I'd imagine. I don't know how to do it myself, although I have a couple of ideas (which I'm sure I've voiced already in this thread or the Essentials one, if you weren't too lazy to look for).

7. The same way you spark off a trainer battle or a conversation with a Poké Centre nurse, except with the script "pbWildBattle(species,level,variable=nil,canescape=true)". Comes straight from the notes, which are freely available online somewhere and should really be required reading.

I'm not answering your other questions because I either don't know the answer or they're questions that have been already asked and you're not putting in the effort of looking for the answers yourself (Hint: search for the uncommon phrases "RTPAndRegistry" and "convert AnimatedBitmap").

majorgames

im sorry if these have been posted i couldnt find em since i was looking 1 post at a time in this thread and it took for ever so i gave up by about the 10th-11th page

edit:ok ive solved my script and editor problem thnx for the tag phrase, but when i search "convert AnimatedBitmap" i only get my posts?

Last edited:

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • This def is in PokemonUtilities, and deals with every instance of loading a pokemon sprite:

Code:
    [COLOR=Black]def [/COLOR][COLOR=Red]pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies[/COLOR](pokemon, species, back=[COLOR=Black]false[/COLOR])
      if pokemon.egg?
         sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg.png"))
      end
      bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
      if isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:SPINDA) && !back
       bitmap=Bitmap.new(bitmapFileName)
       pbSpindaSpots(pokemon,bitmap)
       return bitmap
    [COLOR=Purple]elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:UNOWN)
       d=pokemon.personalID&3
       d|=((pokemon.personalID>>8)&3)<<2
       d|=((pokemon.personalID>>16)&3)<<4
       d|=((pokemon.personalID>>24)&3)<<6
       d%=28 # index of letter : ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!?
       begin
        [/COLOR][COLOR=Purple]# Load special bitmap if found
        # Example: 201b_02 for the letter C
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s_%02d.png",species,
           back ? "b" : "", d)
        )
       rescue
        [/COLOR][COLOR=Purple]# Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
       end
      end[/COLOR]
      return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapFileName)
     end
    The purple part chooses the correct form of Unown to use, and loads it.

If you wanted to do it for Giratina (assuming the Origin Forme is always used only when in map number 42 and/or or when it's holding the item "Special Orb"), you'd need to put something like the following directly above the purple part above:

Code:
    [COLOR=Black]elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:[COLOR=Red]GIRATINA[/COLOR])
       [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]if $game_map.map_id==[COLOR=Red]42[/COLOR] || pokemon.item==[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]PBItems::[/COLOR]SPECIALORB[/COLOR]
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s[COLOR=Red]_a[/COLOR].png",species,
        )
       rescue
        [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]# Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
       end
    [/COLOR]

The Origin Forme sprites should be named "123_a.png", "123b_a.png", "123s_a.png" and "123sb_a.png" (although with "123" replaced with whatever its index number is). Basically, the extra part is "_a" on the end of all the files.

This is a bit of a hack, though, since the non-item-related change depends only on what map you're currently standing on (acceptable for in battles and in your party, but the Pokédex sprite displayed will change as well depending on this, which you may not want). If you can live with that, then fair enough. If not, there's probably a way to get around it (perhaps copy this def and rename it slightly, then direct the Dex to use the copied def instead, with the copied def not changing the sprite depending on location and what have you).

It destroyed my game.
    I'm adding script.

majorgames

I'm adding script.

sorry to hear that

Maruno thinks hes so smart, he gave you advise and it ruined your game, i wish i could help you some way but im having that problem myself, i want to put all the alternitive forms of UNOWN, GIRATINA, ARCEUS, SHAYMIN ROTOM and other pokemon i made up

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • It destroyed my game.
    I'm adding script.
    "Destroyed" is the technical name for what happened, yes? No error messages or anything useful?

After a bit of testing, I've decided that it wasn't my little script that caused the problem. It was something else you did, namely that you deleted an "end" that should appear between lines 342 and 343 (in the def that loads pokémon icons).

Always make sure every def you modify works properly, otherwise it can cause these kinds of errors.

sorry to hear that

Maruno thinks hes so smart, he gave you advise and it ruined your game, i wish i could help you some way but im having that problem myself, i want to put all the alternitive forms of UNOWN, GIRATINA, ARCEUS, SHAYMIN ROTOM and other pokemon i made up
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Maybe I won't help you in future.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • "Destroyed" is the technical name for what happened, yes? No error messages or anything useful?

After a bit of testing, I've decided that it wasn't my little script that caused the problem. It was something else you did, namely that you deleted an "end" that should appear between lines 342 and 343 (in the def that loads pokémon icons).

Always make sure every def you modify works properly, otherwise it can cause these kinds of errors.
    Thank you. It saved my game! Reason of error was trying do origin forme of GIRATINA icon. But I solved it. I needed only add one end.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Does anybody have an RMXP autotile for kyledove's water tile?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Please can someone rip or redirect me to Team Magma and Team Aqua charsets for XP. This project I am working on is my only serious one. I never back down on a promise which is one of the reasons I am making this game. Usually when I ask for somethng and no one replies I forget about it and stop the project. Plese can someone help. I will absolutely give credit. Also if the person who helps me I will try to help them back even tough I am not good at scripting or spriting. I could help devlop the plot or something though.

Last edited:

majorgames

"Destroyed" is the technical name for what happened, yes? No error messages or anything useful?

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Maybe I won't help you in future.

its not that, its just everything you say seems a bit like you're saying "oh you was too lazy to read every post i posted" give me a break ive only been on these forums for about a week i didnt have time to read nearly 1000 posts

i might think better of you if you TRY and help me with the other problems (in case you havent noticed i want to get things done, i dont want to dilly dally)

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • Alright, so I'm trying to create a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon style game with the Pokémon battle system. Obviously the first thing I'll need to do is "skip" having the trainer backsprite and just have the first Pokémon in the party. Is this possible?

majorgames

Alright, so I'm trying to create a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon style game with the Pokémon battle system. Obviously the first thing I'll need to do is "skip" having the trainer backsprite and just have the first Pokémon in the party. Is this possible?

to do this you dont need the starter kit infact im getting ahead of myself you need a different format altogether

to start with you need lots of scripts just different, seeing as this is a popular way to go im going to make my own pokemon mystery dungeon and pokemon ranger starter kit as soon as my main game is done

scripts that youll need are

scripts to make a catepillar system
    move scripts
    item scripts
    random dungeon scripts
    boss scripts
    recruiting scripts

im not a scripting expert but ill try

majorgames

Looking forward to that, but while we don't have it, how can I skip the trainer back?

you cant, however, someone made a mystery dungeon game by changing the back and front sprites to the leaders of the rescue team (pikachu checorita and charmand if i remeber correctly)

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Alright, so I'm trying to create a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon style game with the Pokémon battle system. Obviously the first thing I'll need to do is "skip" having the trainer backsprite and just have the first Pokémon in the party. Is this possible?
    I know that CrazyNinjaGuy is making a Pokemon Essentails for Mystery Dungeon. Once he finishes that you should use it. The one bad part is that it is for VX.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I know that CrazyNinjaGuy is making a Pokemon Essentails for Mystery Dungeon. Once he finishes that you should use it. The one bad part is that it is for VX.
    Bad being an understatement. When I downloaded it it wouldn't even import stuff, because of an error I think.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Bad being an understatement. When I downloaded it it wouldn't even import stuff, because of an error I think.
    Do you mean VX, because I don't think he has released the starter kit.

OW sprites are in spriters-resources.com . Only walking males,females,bosses.

EDIT: But domain was expired...
    I looked there a while ago before the domain expired. When I posted I meant for the XP format. The charsets not the sprite itself.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • I looked there a while ago before the domain expired. When I posted I meant for the XP format. The charsets not the sprite itself.

You can create it: Resize *2, grid 4x4

Columns: Down Left Right Up
    Rows: nowalk walk1 nowalk walk2

Adding image of May RMXP character created by me from original sprites downloaded from spriters resource.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back