• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
  • its not that, its just everything you say seems a bit like you're saying "oh you was too lazy to read every post i posted" give me a break ive only been on these forums for about a week i didnt have time to read nearly 1000 posts

i might think better of you if you TRY and help me with the other problems (in case you havent noticed i want to get things done, i dont want to dilly dally)
    There's... there's a "search thread for keyword" option. It's not that difficult to think up a couple of words other people might have used to describe the same problem. Who said anything about reading the entire thread?

Not that I doubt your ability to form a solid and completely accurate impression of me within a week, but I have actually answered half the questions you recently posted in this thread (and explained why I didn't answer the other half - I don't know, or the answer is already somewhere else). Okay, maybe I didn't tell you exactly what to do for all of them and provide scripts, but that's generally what happens. I'm happy to give pointers, and I may even go more in-depth into something I could fully explain in 10 minutes (e.g. the alternate forms question), but I'm not here to do all your work for you. Others would appreciate the pointers in and of themselves.

Alright, so I'm trying to create a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon style game with the Pokémon battle system. Obviously the first thing I'll need to do is "skip" having the trainer backsprite and just have the first Pokémon in the party. Is this possible?
    It's possible, yes, but it requires careful navigation of the scripts. After all, the trainer backsprite part of battles was specifically written in in the first place, so it can be written out again.

Essentially, there will be some defs that display the trainers, animate them to throw out pokémon, then move them off-screen. "All" you'd need to do is bypass them and/or modify one or two of them to show the lead pokémon instead (e.g. the "show trainer as the battle fades in" script, changed to "show the lead pokémon").

I'm not hot on the battle scripts, and this kind of modification is a major one that requires lots of changes in lots of places (plus I've never thought about doing this, so I wouldn't know off-hand). Basically, all I can say, without putting in serious effort (I have other things to do), is that it is possible.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • Wow... I didn't know it would be so difficult. I thought just cut out the trainer and show the Pokemon. (Well, I knew it'd be harder than that...) I guess I'll see what comes round. Though, do you know which script and which line has the trainer backsprite data?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I meant that when I actually downloaded VX it didn't work, not the stater kit or anything. Probably just me, but still.
    Ih, there must have been a downlaod error. All you do is go to resources and hit import. This might be the problem. If you are using a single sprite you must add a $ when you save it or it will not work. For multiple sprites you do not add the $. Hope that helped.
    You can create it: Resize *2, grid 4x4

Columns: Down Left Right Up
    Rows: nowalk walk1 nowalk walk2

Adding image of May RMXP character created by me from original sprites downloaded from spriters resource.
    Thanks, that information will help alot.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • Wow... I didn't know it would be so difficult. I thought just cut out the trainer and show the Pokemon. (Well, I knew it'd be harder than that...) I guess I'll see what comes round. Though, do you know which script and which line has the trainer backsprite data?
    Lots of them. Search for "trainer" and "player" and you should get on your way. Also, you should look at pbStartBattle, and see if you can follow things along from there. Just comment out any reference to loading a trainer sprite, and you should be on your way.

majorgames

There's... there's a "search thread for keyword" option. It's not that difficult to think up a couple of words other people might have used to describe the same problem. Who said anything about reading the entire thread?

Not that I doubt your ability to form a solid and completely accurate impression of me within a week, but I have actually answered half the questions you recently posted in this thread (and explained why I didn't answer the other half - I don't know, or the answer is already somewhere else). Okay, maybe I didn't tell you exactly what to do for all of them and provide scripts, but that's generally what happens. I'm happy to give pointers, and I may even go more in-depth into something I could fully explain in 10 minutes (e.g. the alternate forms question), but I'm not here to do all your work for you. Others would appreciate the pointers in and of themselves.

yeah i know and im sorry, its just ive got a deadline and everything and these problems are driving me up the wall. besides this is where you post your questions, right?

(the deadline is before the 5th generation comes out because when it does ill have even more things to do nameley make devamp sprites of em and script em into the game aswell as evolveing atleast one and pre-evoleving at least one)

anyways what do you think of my name

POKEMON
    celestial version

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • can someone tell me where i can change the Weather on each map lol it is currently cave dark in my one town also can someone tell me how i change the day to night and night to day and how to make it follow the time i.e. 6 am the game shall start to become light and at 9 pm the game shall become night etc annnndddd 1 more question how do i get street lights to work?

ayevdayev

Legend
    Years
  • I need a script where a event follows the main character (you)
    Like a pokemon following the player
    How can I do this
    I'm making a game that after you get your starter (Mew) it will follow you where ever you go. How can I do this?
    Can someone give me a script of the above description please. You will be credited in my game Pokemon Mithril in the Games Showcase.
    Please help, you will be a big help to my game.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • I need a script where a event follows the main character (you)
    Like a pokemon following the player
    How can I do this
    I'm making a game that after you get your starter (Mew) it will follow you where ever you go. How can I do this?
    Can someone give me a script of the above description please. You will be credited in my game Pokemon Mithril in the Games Showcase.
    Please help, you will be a big help to my game.
    Dependent event exists, but if u run, d.e can't fo faster. Example is "Brawly" in "Cave" in "Test map".

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • Hello.
    I'm just going to request a little something... does anyone have the typical "Falling" sound, used in such games like R/s/e? You know, the sound effect that played when you fell down a pit, or something similar to such.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • In starter kit are test maps. Allright? OK. From first map after beginning go outside, there is small cave. Go inside. there is "Brawly." Talk with him and begins fight (no PkMn.) If you beat him, he will follow you and battle with you like in D/P series. But safari zone messes up. He can leave, if you talk with him.

Another type of dependent event. Just go to demo 1 of connected map and there is girl. Talk with her, then say NO. Girl will follow you, but wont battle with you. Good event for your mew.

But there is little trouble. If you run or ride bike, event is slower and if you turn 45°, event will go giagonal and even over inpassable tiles. Horewer, D.E. will jump over events.

majorgames

can someone tell me where i can change the Weather on each map lol it is currently cave dark in my one townQUOTE]

theres 2 ways you can do this

1. on the visual editor double click the map

2. on the map itself on rpgmaker XP (or VX if you're using that) you need to put an event to auto start that has set weather to sandstorm, or raining or snowing or whatever you want the weather to be.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • (Newbie question)

Where do you learn proper coding? I want to not have to use the starter kit completely for my Poke game.
    Thanks.

1000th post!

Last edited:

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    (Newbie question)

Where do you learn proper coding? I want to not have to use the starter kit completely for my Poke game.
    Thanks.

If you want it for RPG Maker XP or any other version of RPG Maker. Try looking up rmxp.com and there is one other but anyways just look around a bit if you need specific help just ask someone(not me I suck).

Also my question. How do you make switches that you use in scripts turn on/off in events. Thank You

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • Just use top right-1 computer and choose "Demo 1".
    Here is the image:

After testing I discovered you can't surf,fly,teleport,dig with dependent event.

Last edited:

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • I solved the dependent HM problem. Just in script section PokemonField make comment lines 1875 - 1877, 2219 - 2222, 2256 - 2259, 2340 - 2343, 2364 - 2367 by adding a # before text. With this modified script use dependent only for your mew.

Is existing some PkMn Ranger starter kit?

I am adding my rxdata scripts, common events and example map 40. BACKUP YOUR DATA!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back