• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I see you have "XSE USER" in your sig. If you mean scripting in a ROM hack (i.e. XSE), then you're in the wrong forum...

Jvg

Sir JvG for Friends
    Years
  • I see you have "XSE USER" in your sig. If you mean scripting in a ROM hack (i.e. XSE), then you're in the wrong forum...

Whoops xD, No I used to be (and I still am) a Rom-hacker, but I am making a game with RMXP right now, so... is that enough info?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Then, do you mean an event?
    On the second page of the Event Commands dialog, there's an option called Show Animation on the left. Use it, set the character to "This Event", and the animation to EM Exclamation.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Does anyone else here notice the song it plays when healing your pokemon in the pokemon center doesnt work in the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit. Anyone know how to fix this?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • So yeah, help would be really good please.

let me try to help you ^^.

To put the wild battle BGM, just go to the editor, click on set metadata then put to set global. There should be an option there.

When I started to put some custom background for my battles, i just replaced the default tall grass one for the custom one, the default cave etc...

Years
  • Thanks a lot dude, I have sorted the battle BGM thanks to you =) and am going to try and do the custom batle backgrounds later. Which files did you change again?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Thanks a lot dude, I have sorted the battle BGM thanks to you =) and am going to try and do the custom batle backgrounds later. Which files did you change again?

Just modify the battlebgx (x is a number) in the pictures folder.

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Plz Help

so i am making my own hack
    and im stuck how do i make Hiro follow someone
    like in the begining
    were you follow oak to his lab
    i need like a script that shows me what to put were
    like (down/steps),(left/step)ect....
    please help me

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    so i am making my own hack
    and im stuck how do i make Hiro follow someone
    like in the begining
    were you follow oak to his lab
    i need like a script that shows me what to put were
    like (down/steps),(left/step)ect....
    please help me

Its the wrong place. This is Game Development, not rom hacking.
    Please be clear.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • can someone tell me how to;
    I) set a rival and call there name? or do i have to do it in the database?
    II)i made a fog effect on one of my routes, but if i stand on the edge of the border of another map, (done using the canvas editor), my question is, hot do i keep the fog effect visible, on all maps until i cross onto another one, then the fog fades out?

Waudby

I) set a rival and call there name? or do i have to do it in the database?
    II)i made a fog effect on one of my routes, but if i stand on the edge of the border of another map, (done using the canvas editor), my question is, hot do i keep the fog effect visible, on all maps until i cross onto another one, then the fog fades out?

First you need to state what system you are using to do this, by the sounds of things you're using RMXP and the starter kit correct?

If so ask in the starter kit thread as more people check that than this (i believe :P)

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    In the pokemon essentials kit is there a way to set it up so when your outside it uses perspective map view and when your inside or not on an outside map it set it to custom?

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    sorry

m sorry if this isnt the right thread to ask but i despratly need a script

for what

for making hiro follow some one (like in the begining with oak) but i need the script to give pokemon at the end

and i would prefer if whoever was nice enough to help to have like (put down steps here) right left up GET IT,

also i use pskvui, and xse, and the rom i am working on is fire red
    thank you to anyone who will help, just PM me or re-post here

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Its wrong place.
    This is a game development forum.
    Go to Emulation thread and post there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back