• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    One question:
    Is it possible to change the resolution of the starter kit? I want to use selfmade sprites, but they are like the DP Sprites ( 80*80, double sized 160*160). But when I put them in, I have problems in the Pokedex, Summary etc. because the pics are to big. And it looks bad when i strech it into 128*128.

thx for help.

In the SpriteResizer section, change the lines @@width=480 and @@height=320 to the resolution you want. However, you'd have to edit the interface scripts such as PokemonScreen and PokemonBag to reposition the elements within them, such as text and images.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • okay i need a tutorial on how to begin making it and how to make a opening screeni have just started it will be highly appreciated

Years
  • I'm using the starter kit by poccil/peter o/flameguru and I'm having trouble merging an 8-way movement script. Collision detection works fine with everything except ledges, they work normally in the standard four directions, but the player is able to jump the ledge diagonally from both sides..
    I have tried changing the passable directions but this has no effect on the diagonal jumping..
    Oh and just one more thing, the Scene_Movie script which was included with the starterkit only plays videos at half the screen size and positions the video in the top left of the screen (leaving an ugly black L-shape). I was wondering if anyone knows a way to stretch the video to the size of the window or position the video in the centre of the screen.. It could be the call "movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)", I figure that is the right call to modify to change the upper left position but I can see no definitions in the script..
    If anyone can offer some help I'd greatly appreciate it..

What could be the reason for a tile to be passable even when it's set at impassable (X) in the database? There are these building tiles (really random tiles, like in the middle of a house) that i just walk straight through and I can't figure out why.

I had a similar problem today, If the top left auto-tile is not set to priority *1 or higher then all tiles on the first 2 layers will be passable and impassability only supported on the 3rd layer.. It was a very confusing and annoying problem which was solved quite easily

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2009
    hey does anyone have a utility that can edit pokemon emerald, fire red, etc poke marts
    you see i have got another utility called item editor but it just lets me change the items name and crap like that
    but i need something to change the actual item that appear in the pokemart and not just change the name

i also am requesting some new sprites please:tired:

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
  • hey does anyone have a utility that can edit pokemon emerald, fire red, etc poke marts
    you see i have got another utility called item editor but it just lets me change the items name and crap like that
    but i need something to change the actual item that appear in the pokemart and not just change the name

i also am requesting some new sprites please:tired:

Dude...
    You're in the wrong section, this is the GAME DEVELOPMENT section, not the HACK section, try again in the hack section ;)

Als try google, there are lots and lots of emerald and fire red hacking tools for that matter ;)

PoKéMaKeR​

Atomic Reactor

find the "show text" command

right click and hit edit...

or! do a new event, then do show text command...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Hey guy's do any of you have FR/LG style charsets of Jessie and James for RMXP, i have been searching for some but found nothing, any help would be appreciated.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Edited-Thanks for the help spike I'm still kind of really new.

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Umm Cheese Boy, this is for people who are creating games from scratch using programs such as RMXP, and it is clear from you mentioning AdvanceMap that your creating a Rom Hack and not a new game from scratch, next time it would be better for you if you ask your questions in the Rom Hacking section of the forum.

Also im still searching for Jessie and James FRLG rmxp charsets is anyone has them i would love it if you would share them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I need help with a hack

How do I change events in the game, I want to change the Rayquaza encounter in Emerald I have changed the image in the game but the pokemon in the battle remains the same

~Thank you~​

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    How do I change events in the game, I want to change the Rayquaza encounter in Emerald I have changed the image in the game but the pokemon in the battle remains the same

~Thank you~​

This is the Game Development forum. You want the Emulation forum, right above it.

Years
  • i need help on importing tilesets in the rpg maker xp they are always big or too small like kyledove tilesets the grid is big and the tilesets are small

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Ok, I've had this problem for a while
    now but I haven't had any luck fixing it...

The in-game text is messed up.
    This is what I get:
    Help and Requests

Is there a specific place where I need to place the Pokemon fonts.
    I have them in the game folder but this still shows up.

*By the way I'm using Windows Vista.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2015
    I got a question... I downloaded the d/p sprites and figured out that they were way to big... how can I resize them into a normal rmxp size.. (credit will be given)

thanks to anyone that decides to help me out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back