• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Hi, I have a question, why when y download-and-load a Tileset, the white cover, continue there, what can I do?

Awan

Graphic Designer
    Years
  • Hey dudes, I have a couple of RMXP requests.

Firstly, I need a way to change the screen resolution of the game window.

Secondly, is there a way to remove or reposition that little flashing arrow thing at the bottom of text boxes? I'd ideally like to just move it slightly to the side, but removing it would be acceptable too.

I assume you didnt you poccil's pokemon essential right? So to change resolution, juz google it...keyword : RMXP resolution. There should be a RMXP.org website that have the script.

If you want to remove the pause graphic, open your script window...go to Window_Message and look at line 224. Change the self.pause = true to self.pause = false. That's all (b^_^)b

xyzmetal

The Metal Generation
    Years
  • Where do you find the starter kits for making the games? All the ones I saw said 404 Not Found or the zip archive with the kit in it was corrupted.

Edit - Nevermind

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Ignore this post - I was answering a question under the delusion it was asked in the correct section.

Ackaos

Czar
    Years
  • I am incredibly new to the rpgmaker xp program, but I have been fiddling with it for a couple days now.
    Whenever I create an event to transfer player it never works in pokemon essentials.
    I can get the transporting to work in a regular rpgmaker xp file, but when I use the Pokemon Essentials starter kit it doesn't work.
    My 'hero' is invisible on the screen, there is still collision detection, and I can interact with things, it is just that whenever I try and transfer to another place I get the message:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    Exception: RuntimeError

BitmapCache:195:in `load_bitmap'

BitmapCache:235:in `character'

Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:167:in `update'

Sprite_Character:6:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

PerspectiveTilemap:404:in `shadow_initialize'

Shadow:143:in `initialize'

Spriteset_Map:31:in `new'

Spriteset_Map:31:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

thank you!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I am incredibly new to the rpgmaker xp program, but I have been fiddling with it for a couple days now.
    Whenever I create an event to transfer player it never works in pokemon essentials.
    I can get the transporting to work in a regular rpgmaker xp file, but when I use the Pokemon Essentials starter kit it doesn't work.
    My 'hero' is invisible on the screen, there is still collision detection, and I can interact with things, it is just that whenever I try and transfer to another place I get the message:

It looks like the system is looking for a nonexistent file called '11'. I think it might be your player character graphic; go to Metadata.txt and make sure that the player graphic entry has the full filename (not including folders; the file must be in Graphics/Characters).

Awan

Graphic Designer
    Years
  • I am incredibly new to the rpgmaker xp program, but I have been fiddling with it for a couple days now.
    My 'hero' is invisible on the screen, there is still collision detection, and I can interact with things, it is just that whenever I try and transfer to another place I get the...

If you are using Pokemon Essential...u are on longer using 'Hero' to insert your character into games. Read notes.html for more information. And follow what Wichu said ^_^

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I have a request.
    I asked this on my forum but I'm going to ask here. I'm getting desperate. It's not a hard request, it's just really really tedious for me. Keep reading for the quote.

Neo-Dragon at Calis Projects said:
    I need a hand coding some of the tedious bits so I can move onto other stuff. Anyone up for helping?
    What I need a hand with is coding the displaying of the enemy pokemon sprite in battle.
    It's just a matter of copying a branch, pasting it right under the copied branch, then changing the value (increasing it by 1) and showing the right sprite.
    Here I'll show you want I mean.
    Help and Requests
    Any takers?

Send me a PM if you would like to help, I would be really grateful.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    Hello everybody. I am spanish, so my english isn't good.

I have changed the size of the screen and I want to move the simple enemy box up in the screen.

Thanks.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Hello everybody. I am spanish, so my english isn't good.

I have changed the size of the screen and I want to move the simple enemy box up in the screen.

Thanks.
    You might want to make a script request in a forum that allows that. It's a bit more complicated than just changing some numbers.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    how do i edit an imported tile set that the back ground goes transparent

Speedy G32

Co-Founder of Net Labs Inc.
    Years
  • Hey can someone help me I made 25 new different characters for my game Pokemon Gangsterz but for some reason when I try to add him to the game with the editor his actual picture doesn't show up. thanx for reading :)

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm having a very hard time trying to find a revamped Crystal (the girl player from Pokemon Crystal). Could someone point me in the right direction for one or possibly post it here? (If only Marnic made her as well as the revamped Gold, then I wouldn't have to post here).

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back