• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Yeah... RPG Maker series don't work on a mac.
    Try Sphere, or maybe Game Maker.
    I know for a fact you can get a Mac compatible Sphere program.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Just run Windows on VMware or a similar program.
    Then use RMXP on that.
    That's what I do with my mac when I want to work on my game.

Atomic Reactor

Yeah, I downloaded Sunbox... which allows me to run Windows as a program on my Linux laptop.
    If you do something along those lines you could get it on a mac.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Out of curiosity. Does anyone have a 4th gen pokemon sprite sheet that has been scaled down to the size of 3rd gen sprites but doesnt lose pixels? Mainly asking b/c. PokeEssentials include scaled sprites but the way they were resized was as if done in ms pain and it looks choppy b/c pf the loss of pixels. If anyone knows where I can get a sheet of 4th gen pokes that scaled down and doesnt look choppy or have missing pixels. Also the same thing for poke back sprites for 4th gen. Ive looked several places but if someone could please let me use a sheet they have/found I would be eternally grateful. Also don't go through the trouble of resizing the sprites in any way shape or form. If you don't have a sheet already made I will do it myself next week. Just wanted something fast so I could go ahead and fix this minor graphics thing thats bugging me before I start studying for exams. Thanks in advance for any help.

Atomic Reactor

Sorry Scythe, but there aren't any around =/
    I've done a few last summer. But there on my grandmas comp, and there werent that many.
    You'll have to do 'em manually. =/

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Gah lol well thank you. I had thought and this may be a bit easier. Is there a DP style Pokedex window/Stats view window for Poke Essentials floating around? I recently changed my tiles from FR/LG to D/P/Pt and Im trying to change the trainers atm as well.... But the limits with Poke Essentials sizes and all is agrivating =/...... Beautiful coding and all but wish it wasn't for just FR/LG/R/S/E also I have a question about it. I was testing out my start up process to make sure my sprites worked and all. When I tried to choose the female gender it closes the game out.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Gah lol well thank you. I had thought and this may be a bit easier. Is there a DP style Pokedex window/Stats view window for Poke Essentials floating around? I recently changed my tiles from FR/LG to D/P/Pt and Im trying to change the trainers atm as well.... But the limits with Poke Essentials sizes and all is agrivating =/...... Beautiful coding and all but wish it wasn't for just FR/LG/R/S/E also I have a question about it. I was testing out my start up process to make sure my sprites worked and all. When I tried to choose the female gender it closes the game out.

It isn't just for FR/LG, all you need is to change a few things on the scripts which I won't tell because I don't have the time to do that right now. If you search through the essentials thread, you will find some of these alterations there. Good luck searching for them though =p. Now about your question, did any error mensage popped up when that happened?

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • It isn't just for FR/LG, all you need is to change a few things on the scripts which I won't tell because I don't have the time to do that right now. If you search through the essentials thread, you will find some of these alterations there. Good luck searching for them though =p. Now about your question, did any error mensage popped up when that happened?

Nvm, I just playtested so I could get a screenie of the error message and it didn't do it so Im guessing I fixed it. IDK when it happened it wasn't loading the female chara's graphic but as I said i tried it again and it worked. And YAY I get to search through 180+ posts for D/P stuff lol

Anyway thanks for telling where to look I appreciate it.

Monorail

X in yo Y
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    Hey guys, not sure if this is the proper thread for scripting problems, but here goes.
    How am I supposed to use a conditional branch statement that is based on a self switch? It seems that the only way to set the switch as on or off is with a command in the command window, but doing that makes it so that the switch resets itself every time the event is activated. So I guess what I want to know is how to set a self switch as on or off, without using the command window.
    Edit: Also, how do I pause player input for a period of time? This is for cutscene making.
    Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • I honestly don't know how to help you lol, I mean I probably do but you sorta confused me lol. Self switches turn on in an event and then stay on (for that event) which helps you add additional pages (Gym Battles etc.) where the texts changes and things like that. Then there are control switches which can be used for events such as legendary poke events. (For example to get into an area for one of my Legendaries you need to show a character Sythe's Letter. And to enter the are first you must show him the letter switch is turned on upon recieving the letter, and to get into the area you must have showed it to the guy so that the control switch seenletter is on) Is that similar to what you want? Sorry if my example isnt very clear. Also I was wondering if anyone has a larger set of D/P tiles I can use..........

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    Arrgh there is no game creator for mac!!!!

Edit:Wait I might have found 1, its still downloading. (called dim3)

Last edited:

Monorail

X in yo Y
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    I honestly don't know how to help you lol, I mean I probably do but you sorta confused me lol. Self switches turn on in an event and then stay on (for that event) which helps you add additional pages (Gym Battles etc.) where the texts changes and things like that. Then there are control switches which can be used for events such as legendary poke events. (For example to get into an area for one of my Legendaries you need to show a character Sythe's Letter. And to enter the are first you must show him the letter switch is turned on upon recieving the letter, and to get into the area you must have showed it to the guy so that the control switch seenletter is on) Is that similar to what you want? Sorry if my example isnt very clear. Also I was wondering if anyone has a larger set of D/P tiles I can use..........
    What I'm trying to do is an event where you step on a square and the hero's mom follows a set path to him. Obviously I don't want that to happen every time the hero steps on that event, so I need a way to switch off that event once it happens once. How would I do that?

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    What I'm trying to do is an event where you step on a square and the hero's mom follows a set path to him. Obviously I don't want that to happen every time the hero steps on that event, so I need a way to switch off that event once it happens once. How would I do that?

At the end of your event turn self switch a "A" on. (on event commands page 1 "control self switch..." select "A" and "on") Then create another page to that event. On the left hand side you will see something that says self switch check mark the box and select "A".

Hope i helped

Monorail

X in yo Y
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    At the end of your event turn self switch a "A" on. (on event commands page 1 "control self switch..." select "A" and "on") Then create another page to that event. On the left hand side you will see something that says self switch check mark the box and select "A".

Hope i helped
    I don't think I'm doing it right... Here's my code.
    Page 1:
    tinypic.com/r/1eudrp/5
    Page 2:
    tinypic.com/r/wgopr9/5
    (Don't have 15 posts, can't make them links)

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I don't think I'm doing it right... Here's my code.
    Page 1:
    tinypic.com/r/1eudrp/5
    Page 2:
    tinypic.com/r/wgopr9/5
    (Don't have 15 posts, can't make them links)

hmmm... your doing it a different way well in that case

In your conditional branch switch your events around like so...

Coditional branch: Self Switch A = = OFF
    Your move routes and such
    Control self switch A = ON

Else
    Put your thing after event here

Branch End
    And get rid of the other Conditional Branch and page...
    Dont know any better terms PM me if there are any more questions then i will make some images ;) so give me a PM!

Monorail

X in yo Y
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    Yeah that works perfectly.
    I wonder how the makers of RPG maker intended for people to make events, because having to put something in the else portion as it's primary effect is kind of strange...
    Anyway, thanks!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Yeah that works perfectly.
    I wonder how the makers of RPG maker intended for people to make events, because having to put something in the else portion as it's primary effect is kind of strange...
    Anyway, thanks!

No, they expect us to have minimum logical skills to figure out that kind of things... Also, it isn't always you will put the primary effect on the else portion.. It depends on the event..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back