• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Can someone please make me or find me A Trainer Back Tutorial?

I have been more than a Month looking for one...

Wel, you know i'm making them now for you anyways, so i dunno if you're still looking for one?
    Question- i'm making sprites for pokemasterintraining (above), and he's making a game with RMXP (i'm pretty sure). Now I've sprited for a few of my own little Rom Hack projects, and I know that for Rom Hacks, sprites need to be indexed. Is this the case for RMXP? Do the sprites still need to be indexed?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Legendary pokemons

How can I add the regis to firered without replacing any other pokemon?

HatterMadigan

Teddiursa-In-Training
    Years
  • Does anyone know what program would be good for making a pokemon game from scratch? Or any tutorials on it? I've heard about RMXP and checked it out, but I don't like the fact that you have to buy it. My parents would kill me if I tried. :)

Monorail

X in yo Y
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    What are the parameters for adding new moves in the PBS folder?
    I can't find it in the pokestarter notes.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What are the parameters for adding new moves in the PBS folder?
    I can't find it in the pokestarter notes.
    Can't have been looking very hard, could you? Look here in the notes and note the hyperlink to a list of moves with their effect tags and so forth.

Also, this question pertains to Pokémon Essentials, so you should have asked this question in its thread, not this one.

Years
  • Im making a pokemon hack and would like to know how to make a charizard you fight as an event, be shiny.
    help would be apprieciated!

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Im making a pokemon hack and would like to know how to make a charizard you fight as an event, be shiny.
    help would be apprieciated!
    First off, I don't know whether I should laugh at your username or not...lol.

Now, like the guy before you said, post in the Emulation section. This is Game Development, and you're looking for ROM Hacking...

Maybe this section should have "NOT HACKING" in the title...

EDIT: A request: does anyone have the Background FRLG used for when you entered the Tanoby Ruins on Seven Island? The background rips over on the Spriter's Resource is missing that one, and I need it for the Ruins of Alph in my game.

Last edited:

Monorail

X in yo Y
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    Old problem magically fixed, new problem.
    How do I make multiple trainers with the same name? Specifically for rival battles.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Old problem magically fixed, new problem.
    How do I make multiple trainers with the same name? Specifically for rival battles.
    I'd say make the rival one of the heroes, and when you need his name, call it using \n[(the rival's number)]. Like, in my game, the rival is Hero #3, so when I need his name, I put \n[0003] in the message. Of course, that's RM2K3, so it might not be the same if you're using RMXP, but it's worth a shot.

Just to repost my request, does anyone have a picture of the background FRLG used for when you entered the Tanoby Ruins on Seven Island? The background rips over on the Spriter's Resource is missing that one, and I need it for the Ruins of Alph in my game.

Monorail

X in yo Y
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    I'd say make the rival one of the heroes, and when you need his name, call it using \n[(the rival's number)]. Like, in my game, the rival is Hero #3, so when I need his name, I put \n[0003] in the message. Of course, that's RM2K3, so it might not be the same if you're using RMXP, but it's worth a shot.
    I don't think you can add pokemon to anyone besides the player in RMXP, but I could very well be wrong.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Monorail if you are using pokemon essentials, open the editor and where it say create trainer creat it like you normally would. Then where it says ID change that number for each one of them so its different that way when you battle em it uses various versions of the chara with different pokes...... Sorry if its unclear Ill try to fix it later...... Also does anyone know how to change the name of the PokeGear in Pokemon Essentials? Ive edited all the graphics to make it fit my style except now I need to change the name.

Years
  • I have a request. Has anyone seen a GSC indoor tileset. I mean one that contains almost all indoor tile from Pokemon GSC. If it is revamped it would be nice.

Thank You in advance.

unimair

Espeon With A IPod!
    Years
  • i having some problems, but i REALLY need help with this:

1) When i test out my maps, i can't see my player character, what did i do wrong?

2) If i add tile sets to the pokemon essentails tileset map, and then start up my project and want to create a new map, i can't select the tile sets i've added. What i'm doing wrong?

Extra Info: I use RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentails Starter Kit.

Please somebody, help me!

Greetings, Unimair.

Note: I upload picture's when i reach the limit of 15 posts.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    i having some problems, but i REALLY need help with this:

1) When i test out my maps, i can't see my player character, what did i do wrong?

2) If i add tile sets to the pokemon essentails tileset map, and then start up my project and want to create a new map, i can't select the tile sets i've added. What i'm doing wrong?

Extra Info: I use RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentails Starter Kit.

Please somebody, help me!

Greetings, Unimair.

Note: I upload picture's when i reach the limit of 15 posts.
    1) This is an Essentials question, and you should have asked it in that thread specifically for questions about Essentials.

Most likely, you've changed the intro map, or moved the player start position to a different map. This is not something you should do - the intro map sets the player's sprites and name.

The two essential scripts you need in there are "pbChangePlayer(0)" and "pbTrainerName" - no prizes for guessing what they do. Note that the first script changes the player to the male character - see the test game that comes with Essentials to see how this is expanded upon. Just use this if you want to skip through the intro quickly.

2) Press F9 and go to the tilesets tab. On the left is a list of about 7 different set tilesets. These are different to loaded graphics (which is what you've already done with F10). Since all of the available slots are probably already filled up, look at the bottom and click "Change Maximum..." and enter a higher number. Then select it and load your tileset (the "Tileset Graphic" box, second down).

You can also set up to 7 autotiles, which will show up on the top row of the tileset picture.

Remember to set the passabilities and whatnot of all the tiles (which could take some time) - otherwise you'd be able to walk through everything.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    how do i put the starter pokemon in enhanced pokemon starter kit for rpg maker xp. i need to know soon i'm devolping a new game called Pokemon Fire-Platinum,

has anyone even considered reading my post
    Your question is meaningless, though. What do you want help with? Pokémon Essentials? Because that already has all the pokémon included in it, and there's no distinction between "starter pokémon" and "all other pokémon" there.

If your question is, "How do I give the player a choice of three pokémon, of which they can choose one to take?", then there's an example of exactly this in the test "game" that comes with Pokémon Essentials.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back