• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    PLease help me i really ned some help
    can anybody tell me how to script in a (USA) pokemon platinum rom i want to get invloed in a hack called pokemon parrelell platinum but im not sure how to script or what it really is. sorry i am not very experieced but if anybody could pm me or show me a website that has the details or just tell me how here it would help so much

if you want to know more about thje hack saerch it on GBAtemp

please help i dont know what to do :'(

Moriean

Beginning Game Designer/Mapper
    Years
  • PLease help me i really ned some help
    can anybody tell me how to script in a (USA) pokemon platinum rom i want to get invloed in a hack called pokemon parrelell platinum but im not sure how to script or what it really is. sorry i am not very experieced but if anybody could pm me or show me a website that has the details or just tell me how here it would help so much

if you want to know more about thje hack saerch it on GBAtemp

please help i dont know what to do :'(

This is the Game Development section, Hacks shouldn't be discussed here. Also note that it's impossible to "learn" someone scripting just by "telling" him how to.
    Scripting is very complicated and even teaching someone the basics of scripting takes a long time if you want to do it right.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    More information would help. What are you doing when you get the error? Can you quote the error to us?

It may also be a problem with your computer, rather than RPG Game Maker. I severely doubt I'd be able to help you with this anyway, but no one can if you don't give us all the information you can.

As for impatience, it's considered good for to wait more than a day before bumping your question. And I never get any of my questions answered, so imagine how I feel.

That is all the info. When I click on,'Game' to open up the game to play it I get this message,"Invalid access to memory location."

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    use photoshop c4 or gimp iuse them formaking details.i have to warn you that their use is for experirnced people.i dont know so much about these programms but they help!!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    use photoshop c4 or gimp iuse them formaking details.i have to warn you that their use is for experirnced people.i dont know so much about these programms but they help!!
    Why do you keep posting pointless, annoying and demanding messages?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    please sm e-mail me [email protected] because ineed help as i am making my new pm game {darkenlight chronicals}.i dont know how to make pokemon tilesets transperent as i dont know how to edit pokemon,s special effets .Also im trying to make an event but i dont know how!!!!!!!!!!!! please sm help .im despeared

Could anyone make a tutorial how to make transparent background?if possible.

first create the sprite2]make sure that the backround of your poke script or whatever{character]is a colour that differs from its backround colour..then open rpgxp and choose materials.after that you should choose the folder that corresponds to your sprit ex. trainer ash goes to characters folder.in the correctfolder import the sprite on importing there will be awindow which says transperent and semi transerent colour there choose in the photo with right click the colur you want to be transperant and the same again for semi transperancy{idont know if its the same] i hope ive helped

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    can some one tell me if there is a tileset for klnothinscomin's platinum tiles

i know he made them but i dont know how to put them in rpg maker xp format
    help?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Quick question, how can I make a trainer disappear if a switch is on? I have been searching a while and already tried an end if switch is on command.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Just make the second page on event epty without graphic.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Just make the second page on event epty without graphic.
    You obviously have NO clue what I'm asking, I have been using the RPGMAKER series for around 7 years I think I would be able to figure that out...

anyways I mean in a trainer event, because in trainer events it does not seem to want to work.

Years
  • I know it's frustrating when you've got a problem, but there's no need for outbursts like that. He's only trying to help. Perhaps you could give us some more info so we can better understand what the issue is?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Alright, I want it so a team is invading an area(easy just put a bunch of team trainers right?) well I want it so when you beat the leader they all leave so I would use a switch and do as he said, except that doesn't work in trainer events for some odd reason.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Well,I have a problem with RPGXP.

I accidentally added two encounter types-Land and cave- to the room,and now I cant fix them,because it shows this error when I try to run Debug or the Game-

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Can't define both Land and Cave encounters in the same area (map ID 004)
    Compiler:912:in `pbCompileEncounters'
    Compiler:3537:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3636

Please help me.I still havent figured out how to remove it in the Script mode,because I dont want to mess up the whole game,Im kind of a newbie in RPGXP.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Well,I have a problem with RPGXP.

I accidentally added two encounter types-Land and cave- to the room,and now I cant fix them,because it shows this error when I try to run Debug or the Game-

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Can't define both Land and Cave encounters in the same area (map ID 004)
    Compiler:912:in `pbCompileEncounters'
    Compiler:3537:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3636

Please help me.I still havent figured out how to remove it in the Script mode,because I dont want to mess up the whole game,Im kind of a newbie in RPGXP.
    Go into "encounters.txt" in the PBS folder, and delete whatever you want from the section starting with "[004]". The safest bet is to delete everything from that section and start again, but you can delete either the "land" or the "cave" line if you can see how to fix it there.

Then run RPG Maker XP and playtest your game (i.e. recompile it).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Ok, thank you so much for helping,but it's not working...I deleted both Land and Cave scripts,it still didn't work,so I deleted the whole map,but that didn't work either...It still shows the error about the 004 map,though the map doesnt even exist...

EDIT-
    Okay,so until I get an answer for this, I started a new game where you can turn into a pokemon (no,not like PMD...its different).Everythings fine,I got all the sprites working,but I have a question.Well, in the introduction where you can choose what pokemon will you turn into,I tried to use the AddPokemon script so it adds the pokemon you choose into your party (you won't be able to catch any pokemon so there will be only the pokemon that is you in the party,thus,the pokeball throwing animation will be replaced with the player jumping in the battle or something...) but it throws an error infront of me.So is theres a way to add the pokemon to the party while running the introduction without the player knowing it?

I hope Im not asking for too much,I don't know is this hard or not.

Last edited:

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Does anybody know how to make a NPC say like:Hello the first time you talk to it and then the second time it says:How are you? and the third time:im fine?

Sorry if it sounds confusing but it was the best way i could describe it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    If youre using RMXP like me,create the NPC event,then doubleclick the @> and click ''Show text'' then type in Hello then hit ok doubleclick @> again type in how are you? and continue on until you are happy.

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    If youre using RMXP like me,create the NPC event,then doubleclick the @> and click ''Show text'' then type in Hello then hit ok doubleclick @> again type in how are you? and continue on until you are happy.

Thanks for the help.I tried it and it worked!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Ok, thank you so much for helping,but it's not working...I deleted both Land and Cave scripts,it still didn't work,so I deleted the whole map,but that didn't work either...It still shows the error about the 004 map,though the map doesnt even exist...

EDIT-
    Okay,so until I get an answer for this, I started a new game where you can turn into a pokemon (no,not like PMD...its different).Everythings fine,I got all the sprites working,but I have a question.Well, in the introduction where you can choose what pokemon will you turn into,I tried to use the AddPokemon script so it adds the pokemon you choose into your party (you won't be able to catch any pokemon so there will be only the pokemon that is you in the party,thus,the pokeball throwing animation will be replaced with the player jumping in the battle or something...) but it throws an error infront of me.So is theres a way to add the pokemon to the party while running the introduction without the player knowing it?

I hope Im not asking for too much,I don't know is this hard or not.
    See here.

Code:
    @>Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.party.length>=6
      @>Text: You have no room to store the Pokemon...
      @>
     : Else
      @>Script: p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(
       :      :   PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,10,$Trainer
       :      : )
       :      : # Make it shiny (optional)
       :      : p.makeShiny
       :      : # Add the Pokemon
       :      : $Trainer.party.push(p)
      @>
     : Branch End
    @>
    Does anybody know how to make a NPC say like:Hello the first time you talk to it and then the second time it says:How are you? and the third time:im fine?

Sorry if it sounds confusing but it was the best way i could describe it.
    Use a variable. Have one page per different dialogue, and at the end of each page increase the variable number by 1 (except on the last page, where you either reset the variable to 0 to make it cycle through the responses, or don't do anything to the variable to have the person just endlessly repeat whatever's on the last page from then on). Make each page depend on a different value of that variable.

A slightly more conceptually difficult, more limited but less global variable-intensive option is to use self-switches. You'd only be allowed to use a maximum of 4 different interactions (because there are only 4 self-switches), but you wouldn't have to use up a game variable just to talk to an NPC (even though there are 9999 global variables available, and you probably won't get close to using them all up). It means less clutter, though, when you're looking at the list of global variables for something else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back