• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
  • When standing on the red rug, step to the right one tile (or up-right if that looks better), and at the same time, fade out. It's possible, and it makes the problem harder to spot.

I don't know how you'd go about making the character step across one tile and up half a tile (which you want).
    It works, sort of. It is still noticeable, but I don't know if I would if I wasn't looking for it. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    Peeky on your stairs try setting the move route to:

Through On
    Always On Top On
    Move Right
    Move Upper Right
    Through Off
    Always On Top Off
    Tranfer player to:

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
    Years
  • im really sorry if this has been asked befor by does anyone have the gsc indoor tileset for rmxp? by this im mean the gen2 tiles not hgss, if you were wondering

thanks in advance, Professor Layton

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I'm having a few problems with RPG maker XP. Whenever i go to play test or open the pokemon essenitials editor, it doesn't load and displays this error message.
    Spoiler:

I'm new to all this and don't know how to fix it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm having a few problems with RPG maker XP. Whenever i go to play test or open the pokemon essenitials editor, it doesn't load and displays this error message.
    Spoiler:

I'm new to all this and don't know how to fix it.
    You've not set up your types.txt file properly, specifically the Ghost-type weaknesses. Somewhere in there is a "{0}", when it should be a type.

We should really teach people to read the error messages...

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    You've not set up your types.txt file properly, specifically the Ghost-type weaknesses. Somewhere in there is a "{0}", when it should be a type.

We should really teach people to read the error messages...

I fixed the problem. It was because on one of my custom types, I hadn't written Ghost in capitals.

EDIT: I have a new problem now. When i go through the start of the game and i'm transfered to the players room. It doesn't let me move, i'm not sure why.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Hi, I'm new Game Maker and I was just wondering...

Is it possible to make a Pokemon game in Game Maker? Most of the ones I see around here are with RPG Maker or other similar makers...

Yes, however it is extremely challenging.

I herd u liek mudkarps?
    Years
  • Hi, I'm new Game Maker and I was just wondering...

Is it possible to make a Pokemon game in Game Maker? Most of the ones I see around here are with RPG Maker or other similar makers...

the reason is because there is a starter set that comes with a lot of scripts already in it and its easy to build off of.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • Yes, however it is extremely challenging.

How so? Just wonderign out of curiousity...

the reason is because there is a starter set that comes with a lot of scripts already in it and its easy to build off of.

Yeah, I knew that. But I cannot buy the full version of RPG Maker. So... I'm basic all stuck.

I have heard Construct is pretty good, what about that?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Please who can give me the dual screen & the résolution scripts, where can I find them ??
    Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    d-black, you most likley cannot find a FREE dual screen script, however(I dont remember who but) someone said that they were makign one and that they were going to release it publicly when it was finished, so be patient.

kingjay99

you cant get better then me
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    hello,

i have two things...
    1. does anybody have the HG/SS character sprites for RMXP?
    2. and how do you make the tileset transparent?

thank you for your time:D

Years
  • hello,

i have two things...
    1. does anybody have the HG/SS character sprites for RMXP?
    2. and how do you make the tileset transparent?

thank you for your time:D

Sorry i don't have them in RMXP format, but you could take them from this and format them: https://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/26955

And as for #2, which part of the tileset do you need to set as transparent?
    If you need to set the background transparent then go to the Resource Manager in RMXP, (Next to Database) and locate the tileset, then left click the background and clear the second box (Semi-Transparent) then just click ok.

kingjay99

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    the part that is above the player (like the top of the trees or the rook of buildings)

Years
  • Oh so you dont mean transparent, you mean so that it covers the player?
    Set the Priority of the treetop to 2 in the tileset tab in the database.

kingjay99

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    no i mean like this
    Help and Requests

how do you fix that? there is a ledge under the stairs but it's not showing... is there like any image editor that could help? (PS i used paint to put in the tileset)
    (i'm a noob at this stuff:P)

Years
  • Ah ok.

Crazyninjaguy said:
    If you need to set the background transparent then go to the Resource Manager in RMXP, (Next to Database) and locate the tileset, then left click the background and clear the second box (Semi-Transparent) then just click ok.

Do that one, that should fix it for you :)

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • I've got a Poke Essentials upgrade problem. I copied over the following files to upgrade my version:

Data File:

bttrainers.dat
    btpokemon.dat
    All my map files
    MapInfos
    trainers.dat
    trainernames.dat
    TilesetsTemp
    Tilesets

PBS File:
    (All PBS files)

All graphic files and so on.

When I play test the game, several messages like these appear when processing maps:

Help and Requests

What can I do to fix this? This doesn't happen when I load the debug editor.
    Another thing, I want my save file to also show up.

Note:This was how the copying went:

MY ORIGINAL PROJECT---------------------->NEWLY DOWNLOADED
    files(DATA,PBS,ECT) POKESTARTER

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back