• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help for Umbreon

Steelicks

poekmon mastar
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 7, 2005
    wow lol internet XD XD XD

i heer you own the internet good sir

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
  • NaVeR said:
    I'm not so good at making movesets^^;;
    Pokemon is chess said:
    yeah I agree
    And that came from the guy who's just po'ing people and not posting any helpful info :D

Go ahead and move, you'll be doing us a favor ;)

On Topic: coolmaster, I suggest either waiting around for more movesets, or taking frostweaver's or Ice Demon's movesets. They're both ok.

Or you could come up with your own, if you're fealing saucy ^-^;;

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    You need to watch you say next time. Weather you meant it or not that is NOT allowed. So calm down unless you want a ban soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2005
    Umbreon:
    Quick Attack
    Toxic / Confuse Ray
    Screech / Confuse Ray
    Mean Look
    @Leftovers

Quick Attack has 20PPs, so you can last quite some time when its PPs are maxed. And with two of the three moves (Toxic, Screech, Confuse Ray), it helps accelerate the KO process... Push EVs to HP, Def and S.Def. Leave Spd out coz you are going first when attacking anyway, The only way you can heal is through Lefties though...

If you fear the opposing team have a high resistance (i.e. plenty of Steel and Poison) to Toxic or can easily recover all their status, use Confuse Ray and Screech instead. Confuse him, then Screech, and once his defense is much lower, QA works well.

The only thing you are totally helpless against are ghost types... But I don't see alot of people leading with ghost types, so... Well, you do the Maths.

And Pokemon is chess, please give up arguing. Coolmaster ask for help in his moveset, not pointless comments to take down other people's posted movesets.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Pokemon is chess said:
    So where exactly did I say he used a 4 attack Umbreon? Attacking Umbreon only suggests that he is using at least 1 attack, and a well made Umbreon set shouldn't have any. It is futile to argue with me, I'm one of the worlds best at pokemon :(

Now, you didn't read my post.

HellishHades said:
    forstweaver's Charm / Mean Look / Baton Pass / Rest (or whatever else) Umbreon works surprisingly well for a set-up to the BPed monster. I don't see any exclusively-attacking Umbreon, either.

Pokemon is chess said:
    ps I dont believe in God or Jesus I just like using his name
    I think you made that clear with the derogatory reference. All religions are about inclusion and respect. I therefore do not know which religion to which you could belong, since you seem to exibit niether.

Pokemon is chess said:
    but it's cool that you will try to pull **** and act like you have any clue about what you are talking about

I can "pull ****" all day, sir.

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • There are a good many focus punchers that do not have substitute. These are usually the *predict and whack* or *yawn force switch* type that do that. For the yawners, just switch into something resistant. I make a reference here to Toothache's pride and joy, the fping dusclops. Trust me, it really works. Just moments ago, some T-tar came out against my 1/2 life dusclops and started to dance. Probably hoped I would miss will o wisp, or get hit and cured by his lum. Anyway, kaboom. One hit KO. For Umbreon to have an attacking move, it is usually just to flinch these pokes. Quick Attack can be used also (can it learn it?) for double usage; 1) Keep away Focus Punchers, and 2) Kill Endure/Sub reversallers. Hence, Quick Attack would be good on Umbreon for those 2 purposes. For another example of a prediction focus puncher, it would have to be medicham, Choice Banded. Say you send it against dusclops, opponent is afraid of that cb'd shadow ball. Changes to normal type. DIE BY SUPER EFFECTIVE CB FOCUS PUNCH.
    See how it can be used? Also, even if Umbreon does have some attack, it doesn't neccassarily need to have any attack evs. Take starmie for example. Its main use is to special sweep, but it can rapid spin. Noone uses rapid spin that way though, yet rapid spin is effective for flinching a focus puncher too, since it is, after all, a damaging attack.

OH, and, Pokemon is Chess? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not one of the best Pokemon Players. :(

PS
    Kholdstaire: Love your sig dude! :O

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Is this okay???

Umbreon@Salac Berry
    Baton Passer
    Bold(+atk-def)
    Attacks:
    Mean look
    Toxic
    Double Team
    Baton Pass

Phlemingo

Years
  • coolmaster said:
    Is this okay???

Umbreon@Salac Berry
    Baton Passer
    Bold(+atk-def)
    Attacks:
    Mean look
    Toxic
    Double Team
    Baton Pass
    Umbreon isn't very good in bping stats except for double team, and we all know it is cheap. :(
    Mean Look and Baton Pass is good, I assume you know how to use it. As aforementioned, double team is cheap, but it could work. Since you're upping evasion, you probably won't be getting hit much, so salac berry is redundant, as your health won't fall low. Bold is +def -att by the way...
    Toxic can work, but as you can see from previous discussions, you might like a damaging move there.

Kholdstaire

ph33r me. rawr
    Years
    • Age 37
    • NC
    • Seen May 1, 2006
    Phlemingo said:
    There are a good many focus punchers that do not have substitute. These are usually the *predict and whack* or *yawn force switch* type that do that. For the yawners, just switch into something resistant. I make a reference here to Toothache's pride and joy, the fping dusclops. Trust me, it really works. Just moments ago, some T-tar came out against my 1/2 life dusclops and started to dance. Probably hoped I would miss will o wisp, or get hit and cured by his lum. Anyway, kaboom. One hit KO. For Umbreon to have an attacking move, it is usually just to flinch these pokes. Quick Attack can be used also (can it learn it?) for double usage; 1) Keep away Focus Punchers, and 2) Kill Endure/Sub reversallers. Hence, Quick Attack would be good on Umbreon for those 2 purposes. For another example of a prediction focus puncher, it would have to be medicham, Choice Banded. Say you send it against dusclops, opponent is afraid of that cb'd shadow ball. Changes to normal type. DIE BY SUPER EFFECTIVE CB FOCUS PUNCH.
    See how it can be used? Also, even if Umbreon does have some attack, it doesn't neccassarily need to have any attack evs. Take starmie for example. Its main use is to special sweep, but it can rapid spin. Noone uses rapid spin that way though, yet rapid spin is effective for flinching a focus puncher too, since it is, after all, a damaging attack.

OH, and, Pokemon is Chess? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not one of the best Pokemon Players. :(

PS
    Kholdstaire: Love your sig dude! :O

You are now cool =]

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    HellishHades said:
    Now, you didn't read my post.

Who cares? I could say the same thing, as I wasn't talking about an exclusive-attacking Umbreon in the first place. The rest I will ignore since religion is not important in Pokemon or at all, really. Whether you think you are right or not, having an attack move on Umbreon is a horrid idea.

To that Phlemingo or whoever guy

Begin Turn #31
    Mordecai is tightening its focus!
    Blissey used Ice Beam!
    The Substitute took damage for Mordecai!
    Mordecai's Substitute faded!
    ---------------------------------
    Mordecai used Focus Punch!
    (33% damage)
    It's super effective!
    Blissey fainted!

End Battle! chaos N wins!
    Score: 5 to 0

you can believe what you wish, but i'm better than you for sure and it is wide opinion that I am the best RS player. :)

Phlemingo

Years
  • Pokemon is chess said:
    Who cares? I could say the same thing, as I wasn't talking about an exclusive-attacking Umbreon in the first place. The rest I will ignore since religion is not important in Pokemon or at all, really. Whether you think you are right or not, having an attack move on Umbreon is a horrid idea.

To that Phlemingo or whoever guy

Begin Turn #31
    Mordecai is tightening its focus!
    Blissey used Ice Beam!
    The Substitute took damage for Mordecai!
    Mordecai's Substitute faded!
    ---------------------------------
    Mordecai used Focus Punch!
    (33% damage)
    It's super effective!
    Blissey fainted!

End Battle! chaos N wins!
    Score: 5 to 0

you can believe what you wish, but i'm better than you for sure and it is wide opinion that I am the best RS player. :)
    Um, what was the point of showing that? I didn't say I don't believe anything along that lines. As for the Umbreon one, some people might not even bother subbing because they think Umbreon has no attacking moves, so it might flinch it. Of course, some would sub. But that's a different story. I didn't exactly say it was a great idea... I was just trying to explain what some people had said before that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    Phlemingo said:
    OH, and, Pokemon is Chess? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not one of the best Pokemon Players.

Um, what was the point of showing that? I didn't say I don't believe anything along that lines.

okay

also you people don't even get it because you use stupid stuff like toxic and confuse ray as if that is going to do anything

Luvdisc, return!
    Go, Machamp!
    - Umbreon used Mean Look!
    Machamp is tightening its focus...
    - Umbreon used Baton Pass!
    - Go, Salamence!
    Machamp used Focus Punch!

What is the point of Shadow Ball or any other fighting move? Wow, that is going to bust up Machamp pretty good when you could just do what I showed in the example and kill it straight off. What you SHOULD be worrying about is Megahorn and such which you cant Baton Pass out of. Jesus Christ! (I heard he drew lines in the sand. How relevant I hope what's his face gives some insightful and always witty comments on my use of the Lord's name)

Drayano

Axe me a question, I dare you.
    Years
  • Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 232 HP / 140 Def / 136 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Taunt
    - Mean Look
    - Wish

Hopefully that will work. Taunt to stop Rawr, then pass some Mean Look or (P)pass a Wish along.

Back