• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen help please

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2003
    How do you beat your rival on pokemon ruby if u start out as a mudkip?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Well, they key for almost any in-game battle is to level up your Pok?mon higher than their's, and carry some good items. Which battle in particular are you having difficulty with? How many badges/how far in the game are you?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • -you can try using other pokemon against Treecko/Grovyle (it'll never be a Sceptile sadly...)

-level up (usually that's the problem... too low level)

-stock up on revives, and other potions

-only the last time you fight the rival will s/he have Leaf Blade. All the other time it's absorb all the way... (absorb is a very weak move...)

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2004
    If your mudkip evolved into a Mashtomp, then you'll have a doubleweakness to grass types. teach mashtomp or mudkip TM 13 (ice beam). Ice beam can be found on the abandoned ship in between Dewford and slateport. or you can buy it inthe Maulville cassino.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • I think Pikagrrl is having problems at the first battle cause if its later you dont have to use your Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert My advice is to use a Numel or Torkal, or some other fire type you can get earlier in the game! If you mean the first battle against your Rival you should stay in the grass and battle wild Pokemon and trainers until Mudkips at a decent level! I hope that helped!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 4, 2003
    pikagrrl said:
    I have a marshtomp and aborb <i>is</s> very powerfull!!

i got blaziken, and i cant beat the pokemon leage, it is powerfull but the bad thing is its only level 47

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Don't post twice in a row please, it's called double posting.

You can try around Victory Road, it takes a while but there aren't too many alternatives...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Chirooman.it's called "double-posting" and it isn't looked good upon in this forum...If you have to double post, you can instead edit your previous post...

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It means I am in charge of this forum, I help keep it clean and good. I have asked you not to post twice in a row, please respect that.

Back