• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
It's been over a year now and well over 1,000 posts, so time for a new thread.

Rules and information by Avatar and Dawson.

What is allowed in this thread:
  • Requesting for somebody to post a chip/charset or other resources that can be ripped straight from games.
  • Requesting a tutorial or where to find them
  • Asking how to to perform 'simple' actions
  • Asking where to get certain programs to help with your game making ie Sprite Converter
  • Asking for help when your code isn't working correctly

What isn't allowed in this thread:
  • Requesting somebody to custom make a chip/charset for you
  • Asking how to make a CBS, CMS, Pokedex etc
  • Asking for someone to give you one of the above
  • Asking for someone to make a script just for you
  • Requesting warez
  • Asking for someone to post their own code

When you're asking for help, make sure you include the following:
  • A screenshot demonstrating the problem
  • Steps taken up till the problem
  • A thorough and comprehensive layout of text so that it is easy to understand
  • And what EXACTLY the screen says when the error occurs

NO asking for custom stuff. Your requests will never get replied to and just clutter the thread.

External Links

RPG Maker XP

RPG Maker 2000/2003

Sphere
Game Maker

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2009
I have a question relating to Blizzy's starter kit, in a way. I used the script in the starter kit to resize the screen to 480 x 320 pixels. But after I did it started messing up with my pictures' display. Like, the charset and any tile with a priority of 1 or more will be displayed OVER the picture, and I don't know why. Like this:

oold7.png

Anyone know how to fix this and stop it from happening? I'm using event commands by the way, I don't know RGSS.

Rm2k3Guy

Lord of shadows
Years
I have tried to get my surfing system to work but to no Avail.
Does anyone know of either a Script or a Way to do this with Events.
This is seriously stopping me doing my Water Routes.

Editted by Dawson
It's easy enough to do, just make an event at the edge of land where surfing is possible, have the surfing question be asked and then just change the charset to something more befitting of surfing, and reverse it for when you get back onto land.

Dawson i know how to do the part you editted into my post but, i put Phasing on so moving on the water is possible, but if i turn it off i can't move on the water but if i leave it on i can move anywhere.
Is their a option to make an event unpassable even with phasing on?

Answer by Demonic Buddha
All you have to do is make sure that the tiles connecting to the water (ie, little banks) are no passable, then change the water tile to passable, that way all you have to do is make a event that says.

Code:
Conditional Brach, When Sprite Facing Down(what ever direction)
Show Message, Would you like to Surf?
Show Choice,
Yes
Move Event, Player
Begin Phazing Mode.
Move Down(same direction as before)
Change Sprite, (mine changes to the usual surf sprite)
Play BGM, Surf (thats the surf music)
Move Event, Player
Phazing off.
<>
no
<>
End
<>

That way, when the player gets to the edge, the cant move over the object (little Cliff) and when they face the water (have to change the direction obviosly) they will phaze through the cliff ending up on the water, with correct sprite, and music. But you have to remember to make it so that the water tiles are passable, But if you have water that has no boundry garding it, then get an invisiable white tile, make it non passable and put that over the water (in another layer) that way the player cant pass without phazing either. This pic shows my script, but before you ask me, i still dont know of an easy way to get outa the water.
Script.jpg

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Does anyone have a D/P Tile set handy on them? Thanks in advance.

Editted by Dawson
As far as I'm aware, there are no D/P ROMs available as of right now, which means ripping graphics from those games are difficult. And any graphics that are ripped will be from screenshots and such, so the quality wouldn't be all that great, and there'd be a rather limited amount of tiles.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Hey people,

In RPG maker XP, to talk to a person, I just need to write the text and press a key on the keyboard? If so, which key?

Editted by Dawson
On the charset event, go to the Event Command list and choose "Show text." Then just type in the message they want to say in game. Make sure the event trigger is the Action Key (which are C, space bar and enter) and then it'll work.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
I'm just curious with this one: is there a way to make a Yu-Gi-Oh!-style game with RM2K3? Like, would it be possible to make some sort of event coding that would allow deck-shuffling, card drawing, etc., like the GBA games?

Editted by Dawson
It should be possible with the use of variables and random numbers. Shouldn't be too too hard to do as long as you don't get confused by the variable numbers. And keeping a set deck size would make it easier too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Hey,

I don't know how to put a music in a town in RPG maker Xp... I need help:(

Editted by Dawson
Two methods, both simple.
- Right click on the map file in the bottom left of the screen, go to "Map Properties" and check the box next to "Auto-Change BGM." Then just choose the music file from the list.
-Make an Autostart event, go to the second tab on the Event Command list and choose "Play BGM."

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
any one know if theres a way that i can make the grass animation show on the tall grass tiles without puting an event on each and every tall grass tile becasue that would cause a huge amount of lag? i was thinking script based, but it didnt work so..Please

thank.

~Minor

nickwarr_182

The Bringer Of Destruction
Years
A script to go faster?

I need help with getting a car to go faster than the main character.

help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2009
You know when you're using Key Input processes in RMXP, does anyone have or know where there's a list of which numbers are linked with which keys? Or at least, what is the number for the Action Key and Cancel key?

Answer by ~Azura
Down: 2
Left: 4
Right: 6
Up: 8
A: 11
B: 12 <- Cancel Key
C: 13 <- Action Key
X: 14
Y: 15
Z: 16
L: 17
R: 18

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
How do I make the message box larger, so all the text fits in this?
screenie001.jpg

And how do I make two events overlap? So that once you recieve an item from someone, the message they say changes?

Please and Thank you.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
For your message issue, I suppose you're using some kind of custom script. If it's so, please, post what's the script, so I can help.

yuoaman said:
And how do I make two events overlap? So that once you recieve an item from someone, the message they say changes?

There are many ways to do it, and I'll post one of them.

1. Create a new event and, in Event Commands, select Conditional Branch

t1kv5.png

2. Then, go to Tab 4 and make arrangements like these:

t2yw9.png

The rest is pretty much self explanative. You put a message if the player has the item, and other message if the playes hasn't got the item.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I know it's possible to take screenshots of your game. Is it possible to make videos of your game, like in previews for upcoming games?

Shadez

-
Years
does anybody know how to make an online game with rmxp or just how to make one i mean just an online game not a mmorpg

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Knowing what Netplay is the start point for anyone willing to make an online game.
Just Google it, as I'm not sure if I can put the link here. (I don't know if Netplay's site is a forum or what lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back