• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Look at how the sprites are arranged in the RTP charsets. Then go into Paint, open the file from Spriter's Resource, then copy and paste the sprites to match the sprites in the charset. Make sure they're lined up with each other, or they'll wobble in-game. It helps to have the image the same size as an RTP charset.
    For chipsets, they all have to be the same width, with no spaces between tiles. You can check, and change, the width by hitting CTRL+E in Paint.
    Hope it helps!

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I am having a bit of trouble with my RPG 2000 battle system. Under the code for budew
    Trigger: (I can't figure out what to put here so that when Budew dies, Combee appears)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Okay, I feel like an idiot for posting this but.... How do you make it so Pokemon only appear on the grass tiles, using terrain tags. I did know this at one point though I seem to have forgotten.... Oh yeah, I'm using RMXP.

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
    Years
  • If you are using Poccils Starter kit, open up "PBS" and "Encounters". Then You put in something like this:

TEMPLATE:
    [MAP ID] # [Map Name]
    [Land, water, Cave, etc]
    [POKEMON]

The pokemon must be in ALL CAPS, and for "Land" there must be 12 pokemon listed.

0029 # Route 1
    Land
    PIDGEY,2
    PIDGEY,3
    RATTATA,2
    RATTATA,2
    RATTATA,3
    RATTATA,3
    RATTATA,3
    PIKACHU,3
    PIKACHU,2
    PIKACHU,2
    LARVITAR,4
    LEDYBA,4

Anyways, I need some help.
    Since it doesn't use the Add Gold to add Money, how would I do it again? As in, what is the command?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2008
    How do you put RpgMaker XP maps in Sphere?

The title pretty much says it all i've made my maps in Rpg Maker Xp
    and i was gonna put it on sphere but i dunno how.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    The title pretty much says it all i've made my maps in Rpg Maker Xp
    and i was gonna put it on sphere but i dunno how.

think it´s nearly impossible and would require high programming skills to transfer...

What format does sphere use?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yuoaman: The terrain-tag encounters aren't in the default RMXP scripts; they were added by poccil in Essentials. You could try www.rmxp.org, and look in the Scripts Index. There was a script for defining areas for encounters in there somewhere.

If you've not done much, I strongly recommend using Essentials.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I would, but I wasn't the one who started my project, I took it over, and it is more than half done already, so restarting on poccils starter kit would just waste a lot of my time. Though I did read on another forum that you use terrain tags for pokemon encounters, though they didn't elaborate, I was just hoping someone on this forum could.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You'd need a script then. Sorry.

I have a question of my own - when I import and play music through RMXP, it doesn't play the drum track :S. I'll try just moving it to the BGM folder instead.
    Strange thing is, it worked fine before, and the drum track works in Media Player, just not in RMXP.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • A few questions, all for RPG 2000
    1. In the combat section, under the battle preview, in the trigger slot, I am puzzled at what I should use so that when the monster faints, another appears.

2. How can you make a random event, (such as fishing, telling what a percent of an event would do)

3. How do you make an auto-start event end?

Thanks in advance,
    -Firemaker

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • 2. How can you make a random event, (such as fishing, telling what a percent of an event would do)
    I use a variable (called 'random'). Every time you need something like this you'll change the variable to a random number. For example, if you have a 25% chance of fishing something, you put a random number between 1 and 4. Then, put a condition variable. If it's 1 (1 out of 4 numbers = 25%), you put all the events you need to fish. Otherwise, you put a message saying "Nothing was caught..." or something.

3. How do you make an auto-start event end?
    You can use 'erase event' but it will appear when you change maps I think. If you want it to be removed forever, you can just make it need a switch to be ON or a variable to be a certain number to appear, and you change the value when the actions you want end.

EDIT: I have never used RPG 2000, but I guess most of this can be done since they are simple events.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2008
    Rehost the Starter Kits please.

Hello, recently, I noticed that the links to Blizzy's and the Enhanced starter kits have ceased to work, due to dasheo.com's account suspension. Could someone either PM me the links, or get the game dev. resources thread up-to-date with working links? Thanx.

Spritah out~

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
    Years
  • Hey, guys. I know I'm new, but I was wondering if someone could help me by creating or pointing me in the right direction to find character sets for Brock and Eevee?

I just need walking Sprites for both, that's all. I really do appreciate the help, guys! ^_^

~ Drenz

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Charsets for Fusions

Heya, I´m Bombah! and I need help.

I´m planning a game (with RPG-maker XP), smth like Mystery Dungeon.
    But not with normal Pokémon, but Fusions (like these in my Signature).
    I have 74 Fusions now, and I´m planning about 100. BUT: I don´t have charsets for them. Not even real Pokémon charsets...

I´ve tried to make some myself, but... yeah... ya know.
    So please, if you have Charset-skills, tell me and I will show you my fusions.

Thanks,
    Bombah!

@ Admins: I don´t know if this is the right thread. If not, please tell me where to post else.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    Heya, I´m Bombah! and I need help.

I´m planning a game (with RPG-maker XP), smth like Mystery Dungeon.
    But not with normal Pokémon, but Fusions (like these in my Signature).
    I have 74 Fusions now, and I´m planning about 100. BUT: I don´t have charsets for them. Not even real Pokémon charsets...

I´ve tried to make some myself, but... yeah... ya know.
    So please, if you have Charset-skills, tell me and I will show you my fusions.

Thanks,
    Bombah!

@ Admins: I don´t know if this is the right thread. If not, please tell me where to post else.

Look at spritersresource.com and fuse the mystery dungeon sprites XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back