• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Animated Sprites during battle?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    I need help on how to have the pokemon animated when they're in battle.
    I'm following a tutorial that essentials provided me but this part doesn't make sense to me :(. I'm sorry I'm asking a dumb question, but I tried to understand it but no luck at all.

Creating two frames animations for wild and trainer battles is not that complicated. For this you will need to handle only two scripts. PokemonUtilities, and PokeBattle_ActualScene. But before we begin to edit scripts, you have to create your folders containing sprite animations. Go to Graphics/Battlers, and here create a new folder called "firstframe" and another one called "secondframe" (spelling and capitalisation does matter!). Place the indexed, first frames of your Pokemon in the folder called "firstframe", and the second frame, indexed .png files in "secondframe". No additional name extensions are needed for the indexing of the sprites.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    What don't you understand?

place 001.png in folder Graphics/Battlers/firstframe (the first frame of your Pokémon)

and

001.png in folder Graphics/Battlers/secondframe (the second frame of your Pokémon)

"indexed" only means, number.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    Does this make my pokemon move for the whole battle instead of just 2 seconds of it when I encounter it? Because I want it like pokemon black and white styled.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    That will probably require more coding I'm afraid... I haven't looked into this at all so no ideas from me there! I'm fine with the frozen battle graphics myself. Sorry I couldn't help with this more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    I already got the animated sprites, but do i input them?
    I tried replacing the files with it but no luck :|

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I already got the animated sprites, but do i input them?
    I tried replacing the files with it but no luck :|
    They are on this gif pack?
    If I decide to add animated sprites, I'll use the .gif files I've used a couple months ago. They're all resized for use with Pokémon Essentials and I've used them succesfully without editing any script.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    I got the files from that link you sent me but when I replace it, my sprites won't show up

Back