• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
  • I was trying to figure things out, I was making a separate "woods" area in between Pallet town and Varidian City. Pallets number- (3.0) Varidians- (3.1) I put a 0 space then put two warps with the numbers 3 and then 1 in the bank. Then the same thing in varidian to link it to pallet town.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    I think I've seen where you've gone wrong. On the menu for the warps you should have this for the Pallet Town Warp: Map Bank 3 Map 0 and for the Viridian warps: Map Bank 3 Bank 1.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • in pallet town I should have the warp to varidian city? 3.1? And in V city I should have the pallet town warp? 3.0?

PlasticPokeball

Another Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2008
    Umm..I have a problem also.

When I try to make new connections in Fire Red in Advance Map (Connection Manager), I choose where the map leads to and what direction, choose the first offset and I continuously get the error message:

"I/O Error"

Umm..I think I was able to change connections before, but this doesn't seem to go away. Any help would be appreciated.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    I used to have the same problem but it seems to work fine now.

Oh, and Adamb, did you get the warps working?

Last edited:

Larsie13

I made a new warp in A-Map, but when I walk over it, the music keeps playing, but the screen turns black, and remains that way. Then I get an error:
    Code:
    Unsupported BIOS function c7 called from 020023fc. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour.
    I've heard that that's the error that you get with No$gba. But I don't use it, I use VBA. How is this possible?

Oh yeah, and I connected the warps correctly, because when I Follow Warp in A-Map, I come out at the correct place. And someone has also checked it, and it seemed OK.

Larsie13

And I have a question about mapping... Where else should it go??

Larsie13

That's what you get when they're so close to each other. Doesn't matter :P Anyways, can anyone help me with this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back