• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

akash

Pikachu is the best.
    Years
    Help.

Guys I need help with my map. Well its pretty much like ruby but still. The problem is in little root town i changed the tile set to mauville city's tile set. But now when i leave this town screen it is ok but then when i come back into the town the houses get the grass n flowers on the roof. Why does this happen. Sorry i couldn't put any pictures but i don't know how to put the pictures here from a rom. And i have another prob. When ever I load a pkmn fire red rom in the a-map, all the towns and the tile sets don't change at all. Every thing will stay like pkmn ruby's. Can someone help. Thanks in advance.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    when you go to the route after littleroot, change the 2nd tileset of the route to the one of mauvilles.
    Try that and see if it works.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Well, most tiles don't have the right properties to be used as Warps. If you want to be able to warp into threes, ask DJG can you use the tile in Ruby Destiny that he used for warping into Bug Forest.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    How do I insert a map that someone else made? I mean a picture of a map.

You can't unless you map the whole thing over. Or they can just export the map file with Advance Map then you import it and save it.

Boz

Smeargle Pwns You. :]
    Years
    Hey, I need to know how to use a general picture of tiles, on my rom. Or if the tut already exists, i need the name of the process :]
    So if you dont get me, i mean this:
    -I have a picture of tiles, png jpeg whatever.
    -I want to use them in A-map :D
    Thanks!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hey, I need to know how to use a general picture of tiles, on my rom. Or if the tut already exists, i need the name of the process :]
    So if you dont get me, i mean this:
    -I have a picture of tiles, png jpeg whatever.
    -I want to use them in A-map :D
    Thanks!

There are two available:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117660
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=114578
    The most important thing is to make sure that you never use a colour that is not in the original pallete. You can edit the pallete after you import the tileset.

Night_Blue

STFU
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Can anyone tell me how to not become another person (that stupid glitch)
    I've already seen it answered,but the simple questions thread is to big
    I want to get rid of it before I insert a big script

EDIT:Never Mind

Last edited:

Hokshu

Super Nomad
    Years
    I don't seem to understand what the border block is for in advance map. I've been testing with the map for Pallet Town (LG), changed a couple of small things to see if my changes would show during gameplay, but for some reason when I exit the player's house, the tiles that were left on the border block are shown all over the map. The player cannot move left/right/up/down or warp back inside the house. The player can only turn.

I've changed the tiles on the border block to see if that was the problem and it is. Although, I'll try my best to figure it out, any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I just needed to fix the warps.

Now everytime I try and edit/save the map, I get this error:

AdvanceMap Error (2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file!

What does that mean? Or should I just ignore it?

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I think you should probably ignore it or reload the rom, that has happened to me alot of times

~C3LEBI

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    I have a problem, but I'm not sure if it goes under mapping.
    When I fill the whole screen in the presence of two sprites... I change main sprites.(pictures)

EDIT: fixed the problem... Changed sprites..

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    Okay, I'm having a bit of a problem with my map that I'm trying to insert. I've made sure that there are eight spaces from the border on each side of the room, so it looks like this.

But when I put it into the game, I get this:

Not only is the border glitched, but the woman who is supposed to be at the desk ends up offscreen. Any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Jack of Bl♠des said:
    Okay, I'm having a bit of a problem with my map that I'm trying to insert. I've made sure that there are eight spaces from the border on each side of the room, so it looks like this.

But when I put it into the game, I get this:

Not only is the border glitched, but the woman who is supposed to be at the desk ends up offscreen. Any suggestions?

1. Did you make sure to change the border block in A-Map? (box to the top right corner under Map View).

2. With the woman, make sure her sprite has "Mark active sprite" ticked, if not that then make sure any of your scripts don't have her disappear or flagged.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    1. Did you make sure to change the border block in A-Map? (box to the top right corner under Map View).

2. With the woman, make sure her sprite has "Mark active sprite" ticked, if not that then make sure any of your scripts don't have her disappear or flagged.

How would I change the border block? Also, what should I change it to. Sorry, I've just started getting into mapping, so it might take a while.

Also, I haven't even put a script up for the woman at the desk. She has no offset, just like all the other people in the room.

EDIT: I solved the first part. But I still don't know what to do about the disappearing lady.

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    I made a custom maps using the "New Map" button, when I was done making it and renamed it my starting town, In this case Pallet Town changed its name to what I just named my new map.... Can someone help?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Jack of Bl♠des said:
    How would I change the border block? Also, what should I change it to. Sorry, I've just started getting into mapping, so it might take a while.

Also, I haven't even put a script up for the woman at the desk. She has no offset, just like all the other people in the room.

EDIT: I solved the first part. But I still don't know what to do about the disappearing lady.

Maybe you should just remove her then if any troubles occur. Also by scripts I meant scripts that could make her disappear.

adamb241 said:
    I made a custom maps using the "New Map" button, when I was done making it and renamed it my starting town, In this case Pallet Town changed its name to what I just named my new map.... Can someone help?

You would have to insert a new header and structure using hex to do what you want to do.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    Maybe you should just remove her then if any troubles occur. Also by scripts I meant scripts that could make her disappear.

I'm aware of what you meant by scripts, and I haven't put any warp scripts in the map yet; the tiles you see in the picture all have their offsets set t $000000, as there is no script of any matter that takes place (yet). But for the moment, I guess I'll just need to work with having one less person on the screen, since even if I remove all sprites and then repoint some new ones in there, one will always appear out in the border of the screen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back