• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Jack of Bl♠des said:
    I'm aware of what you meant by scripts, and I haven't put any warp scripts in the map yet; the tiles you see in the picture all have their offsets set t $000000, as there is no script of any matter that takes place (yet). But for the moment, I guess I'll just need to work with having one less person on the screen, since even if I remove all sprites and then repoint some new ones in there, one will always appear out in the border of the screen.

Hmm....she could just be a sprite that doesn't appear unless a script is required to enable the sprite, an option could be to add a script in which she appears on the map.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm aware of what you meant by scripts, and I haven't put any warp scripts in the map yet; the tiles you see in the picture all have their offsets set t $000000, as there is no script of any matter that takes place (yet). But for the moment, I guess I'll just need to work with having one less person on the screen, since even if I remove all sprites and then repoint some new ones in there, one will always appear out in the border of the screen.

Blazichu is right, the sprite may be hidden.
    In the movement type, the option might be set to hidden, which makes a sprite not appear untill it is activated by the script. The sprite may have accidently be set to hidden.

~C3LEBI

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Blazichu is right, the sprite may be hidden.
    In the movement type, the option might be set to hidden, which makes a sprite not appear untill it is activated by the script. The sprite may have accidently be set to hidden.

~C3LEBI

It's not that. All of the people on the maps have their move type set to "No Movement", and even if I repoint new people into the map, I get the same results. Also, when I said the character ended up offscreen, I meant outside the boundaries of the room. They're still on the map, in fact located just beyond the border of the screen as seen below:

[Help workshop] Map help thread

But I've decided that I'll just have to leave it as it is (because it's always the character with a "People Number" of 2) and add an extra character. It sucks, but it'll have to do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    I need some help i'm the lowest rank of mapper a total noob and , I'm stuck with ruby rom Base,I'm for a more middle ages base , if any1 can help PM me or post following this one.

chaotic_soma

Chaotic little devil anyone?
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me i'm hacking emerald and i've inserted my own rooms levels and everything just fine everything work but i can't run on my levels how do i make him(my avi) run on my levels he'll do it on the original ones though any ideas? (ps i'm a newb to this so make it easy to understand and i only have advance map so if i need another program tell me and i'll get it.)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me i'm hacking emerald and i've inserted my own rooms levels and everything just fine everything work but i can't run on my levels how do i make him(my avi) run on my levels he'll do it on the original ones though any ideas? (ps i'm a newb to this so make it easy to understand and i only have advance map so if i need another program tell me and i'll get it.)

If you a new to the whole hacking scene, you might want to go to the Documents & Tutorials Section, and read up on some tuts. For A-Map I suggest Itman1234's A-Map tut. If you need any extra help, PM me okay? Good luck!

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • what do i have to do when
    1. i switch to another sprite after a battle
    2. the border tiles are messed up
    ?
    i know i can just make the border of my map bigger and leave an unused space there but there must be another way

edit: 2nd problem is solved now with advancemap 1.9

Last edited:

mechu95

Hack Guy
    Years
  • I got a question...how do make region maps on FR? I remember a tutorial on Ruby, but I don't get how it works on FR...

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • What I would do is just count how many spaces away from the left side the connection should be. Remember the number and then just count on the map your connecting to.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • alrighty fellas, i got a brain buster here for someone to tackle. So i go an try to insert some maps to test them out right? right.

and well for one of them it warps into the middle of the cave (it's going to be a scripted warp in the ned but for now it's a normal one)

and somehow i can't get out of the cave from the other warp linked to a new map..

now these warps work in amap, and i hve all the data how i think it should be....it really erks me and it's not supposed to be an important area, i just need it though for story setup and then u nvr need to comebck to this cave again.....

i can't get this warp out of the cave to work in other words. I've tryed doing exactly what gamefreak did acording to amap, and nothing...

this all happens b4 u get ur 1st pkmn if that helps....

and i've tryed all sorts of ways to fix this, but can someone try and give me a hand here?

https://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/Antwhan/development/?action=view&current=warpingproblems.flv

vid of it^^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • alrighty fellas, i got a brain buster here for someone to tackle. So i go an try to insert some maps to test them out right? right.

and well for one of them it warps into the middle of the cave (it's going to be a scripted warp in the ned but for now it's a normal one)

and somehow i can't get out of the cave from the other warp linked to a new map..

now these warps work in amap, and i hve all the data how i think it should be....it really erks me and it's not supposed to be an important area, i just need it though for story setup and then u nvr need to comebck to this cave again.....

i can't get this warp out of the cave to work in other words. I've tryed doing exactly what gamefreak did acording to amap, and nothing...

and i've tryed all sorts of ways to fix this, but can someone try and give me a hand here?

https://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/Antwhan/development/?action=view&current=warpingproblems.flv

vid of it^^^

That's a pretty simple problem. Well, actually I had the same problem quite a while ago now. Look at the tileset in A-Map. In the first row of the cave tileset, you should see two ground tiles. One of them (the one you used) is for normal areas that you can just walk over without any troubles. The other one is used at the foot of a warp. Without using that tile, the warp doesn't work. I don't know why.
    If you need an image to help see what I'm trying to say, just ask and I'll get one up.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years

vid of it^^^

If you used savestates in the cave, and then repoint the warps, they get automatically moved and you'll be stuck.
    When repointing events, be sure to load outside the map.

looks like so, otherwise I dunno

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • Thanx for the help thex4, warp works now. it looks like stuff like that is handled by block behaviors.

this is shure to help things move smoothly for my plans now. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    I'm having the exact same problem, but the suggested solutions aren't working for me.. unless I'm doing it wrong. (sorta new at Advance Map)

Basically I have all the warps set up correctly, but I still can't leave the cave through an exit like "Antwhan's" was. I'm using the white cave like in "Dotted Hole" in Fire Red if that helps.

EDIT! Nevermind! it worked.

Years
  • Can some one Please help me on this one??? When I go on the stairs, The only way to go backs is to go foward. Also from the top floor to the middle floor. It warps near the door. can Anyone help me please???
    Code:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O41cX7ojHk[/URL]

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2009
    I don't know whether this is an obvious question, but I couldn't find a tutorial for it.
    I wan't to know how I can make my own tiles for a pokémon map, and how to put them into advance map?
    Help would be apprieciated, XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back