• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Is there any quick way to expand the truck in the game? Maybe so I can make it look a bit bigger? I want to be able to expand it to the size of a true truck.

Also, how exactly do I go about changing where I start at in the game? Or possibly where the roads connect to one another (ex. I would like route 101 to connect LittleRoot and Slateport Dewford instead of Odale town.

Thanks.

QucickEdit: I use AdvancedMap version 1.0.9 (1.92)

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Is there any quick way to expand the truck in the game? Maybe so I can make it look a bit bigger? I want to be able to expand it to the size of a true truck.

Also, how exactly do I go about changing where I start at in the game? Or possibly where the roads connect to one another (ex. I would like route 101 to connect LittleRoot and Slateport Dewford instead of Odale town.

Thanks.

QucickEdit: I use AdvancedMap version 1.0.9 (1.92)

The easiest way would be to change where you start off. There is a tool made HackMew called Start Map Chooser, use that to change it to any other map you want and simply resize as per usual.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    A simple question,
    when I resize any indoor house, and try to enter it, a black screen shows.
    Why is that?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    Every time I try to load a new tileset onto a map I'm doing, the tiles get all glitchy and I can't get anything good out of the tiles save for a few blocks.

I'm using 1.92 Advance Map.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I'm trying to completely remake the world map.
    For some reason, I thought it was as simple as drawing a new bitmap image, and uploading it into the game, messing with positions of towns and stuff.
    Is there any way to do it like that, or is there some more in depth way to changing the world map?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Okay well, I just started making custom tiles for my game, I'm a newbie, but I read some tutorials and I kind of got it, after I put the tiles in the tileset, they looked great, when I put them on the map, they looked great, when I actually tested the game on my emulator, I got this:
    Well I can't really upload the pic, but it turned 3 of the 6 tiles into the water animation, but in a different color, but the other 3 of the 6 tiles remained the same, I don't know what happened. I know its hard without a pic, but I've tried to give all the information I had.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I started working on my map, and then decided to make sure it was all looking good and stuff. But when I exited the starting place(the home) the screen went all black.. why is this?

BTW, I am using Advance Map 1.92, and a Fire Red Rom if that'll help..

Last edited:
    Years
  • In places like Viridian Forest, the border block is 3x2, but on most others it is 2x2. Is it possible to edit a maps border block to be 3x2 instead? I've looked, but haven't found. Thanks, in advance.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    In places like Viridian Forest, the border block is 3x2, but on most others it is 2x2. Is it possible to edit a maps border block to be 3x2 instead? I've looked, but haven't found. Thanks, in advance.

You use Advance Map 1.90, or 1.92? If so, then open your desired map, and go to Header. When you are there, press Ctrl+H (Professional Header). Then, scroll down to find this:
    See the border width, and border height? Change it, to 4x2, or 2x4 or 4x4... The maximum is 4x4. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    pallette

im trying to add a new tile to the game so i opened up ape and started editing the first pallette so that it has the same colours as the tile (i was going to change it back later). The colours i put in on the tiles where all greens and shades of greens.

Then i saved it as a pal file and called it pal0.pal When i goto the block editor in advanced map and load it, it doesn't work properly. The colours are all messed up, they turn into black or red colours.

Anyone know the answer?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    im trying to add a new tile to the game so i opened up ape and started editing the first pallette so that it has the same colours as the tile (i was going to change it back later). The colours i put in on the tiles where all greens and shades of greens.

Then i saved it as a pal file and called it pal0.pal When i goto the block editor in advanced map and load it, it doesn't work properly. The colours are all messed up, they turn into black or red colours.

Anyone know the answer?

Use Advance Maps built in Pallette Editor to edit Tile pallettes. Its safer and you can preview it without saving.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    i need like b02a but i can't because on that editor you can't change the begining of the colour thing to a number

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    In my Pokémon Ruby hack, I am trying to edit the Pokemon Center map (the upstairs part). However, what the game presents me with is a glitchy mess.

View attachment 44074

This is how I want it to look.

View attachment 44073

This is how it actually looks in-game.

What do I do to fix this? Or do I have to try and put it back to exactly how it used to be in order to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Atla
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Hmm... I'm no expert so don't get angry if I'm wrong, but perhaps those are obsolete tiles? Or they simply don't have the proper flags on them? I've seen a lot of duplicated tiles in FRLG... maybe you used different tiles to the RSE originals?

EDIT: XD turns out I was right and PPG's problem was because of obsolete tiles!

Last edited:

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
  • im hacking pokemon sapphire, and trying to make, a semi-futuristic science based world.

however in my route 101, some of my tiles appear as others when testing the game. im using pre-loaded tilesets, 0 and 2, and the bricks i lay in advance map, appear as others when tested, not all do it, and they appear as different things in each square. this also happens in oldale town, which is so far unedited, when the player enters, two of the buildings have non-intentional tiles.

any help would be greatly appreciated, if screens are needed i can upload some.

[edit] i have now another problem, so ive uploaded a picture, if the problem is unclear from the picture, when i enter the warp to birch's lab, im not transported, and when i enter the extra building in the bottom left, im transported un the warp point inside the building and then when i walk onto the warp point, im transported to outside the hero's house[/edit]

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    im hacking pokemon sapphire, and trying to make, a semi-futuristic science based world.

however in my route 101, some of my tiles appear as others when testing the game. im using pre-loaded tilesets, 0 and 2, and the bricks i lay in advance map, appear as others when tested, not all do it, and they appear as different things in each square. this also happens in oldale town, which is so far unedited, when the player enters, two of the buildings have non-intentional tiles.

any help would be greatly appreciated, if screens are needed i can upload some.

[edit] i have now another problem, so ive uploaded a picture, if the problem is unclear from the picture, when i enter the warp to birch's lab, im not transported, and when i enter the extra building in the bottom left, im transported un the warp point inside the building and then when i walk onto the warp point, im transported to outside the hero's house[/edit]

It looks as though the entrance into Birch's lab is a new tile that you made. If that's the case, you'll have to go into the block editor, and set the behavior of the tile (that's what I think it's called, it could be something different) to a warp. Also, you have to edit the warp points for each warp, setting it to warp you to another one.

i.e. You're looking to warp the player to Viridian City. In A-Map, you see that Viridian City is in Bank 3, Map 1. For this example, we will also say that you want to warp to Warp 2. Then, in A-Map, when you click on the warp event, change the Warp Number to 2, the Bank Number to 3, and the Map Number to 1.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
  • It looks as though the entrance into Birch's lab is a new tile that you made. If that's the case, you'll have to go into the block editor, and set the behavior of the tile (that's what I think it's called, it could be something different) to a warp. Also, you have to edit the warp points for each warp, setting it to warp you to another one.

i.e. You're looking to warp the player to Viridian City. In A-Map, you see that Viridian City is in Bank 3, Map 1. For this example, we will also say that you want to warp to Warp 2. Then, in A-Map, when you click on the warp event, change the Warp Number to 2, the Bank Number to 3, and the Map Number to 1.

ive sorted out the when i leave the hut problem, using the way you said.

but when i enter the hut, i still appear underneath the warp point?

shinyursaring

Message me to play Halo 3.
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me how I would manage to insert a world map I made into A-Map. Because I cannot understand that whole, "Draw World Map" feature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back