• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
  • HELP!!!!

I am working on the mapping for my hack, and I was editing the tileset. I made a couple changes with paint, and then went back to save it. When I loaded the second tileset in, instead of the new tiles, the WHOLE 2nd tileset turned into a big green block. This has happened on two of my maps, and I REALLY need help. If anyone knows what's going on, please tell me!!!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I am working on the mapping for my hack, and I was editing the tileset. I made a couple changes with paint, and then went back to save it. When I loaded the second tileset in, instead of the new tiles, the WHOLE 2nd tileset turned into a big green block. This has happened on two of my maps, and I REALLY need help. If anyone knows what's going on, please tell me!!!

That happens because when you made the changes in Paint, you didn't use the colors in that Tileset's palette. If you use other colors, they will automatically be changed to (if I recall correctly) the last color in the palette. You need to make your new tiles using the existing colors exactly. You can do this by right-clicking on other pixels in the Tileset, which will select that color, and then drawing with that color.

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
  • How do i make a World Map?
    and i'm having a bit of trouble making Serpentia Isle for Cosmic Destiny....Where do i find the right Tiles in order to make it? It's supposed to be a giant Crater-like isle that' shaped like a snake,but has a pool of Lava in the middle of it....with a few buildings.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • That happens because when you made the changes in Paint, you didn't use the colors in that Tileset's palette. If you use other colors, they will automatically be changed to (if I recall correctly) the last color in the palette. You need to make your new tiles using the existing colors exactly. You can do this by right-clicking on other pixels in the Tileset, which will select that color, and then drawing with that color.

No, I am 100% sure that I used the correct colors. I'm not a newb, and I have a completely edited 1st tileset. I've run into the "last color" problem before, and this is not it. The tiles were totally working before, and they were already in the map and everything. Then, I find a color mistake, and go back to change it. When I re-enter the changed tileset, nothing's there. Just a big, green block. EVERY tile in the tileset has been changed into nothing, and when I try to re-renter them, they don't appear.I can't figure itout.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • okay does anyone know what could be causing this:

the dimensions of the maps are 20/98 and 80/30.

that 1 tile row of border block is impassable and i dont know why. Ive tried fiddling around with the connections, to no avail, and now im stuck for ideas as to why its happening.

thanks.

Scytha

mass effect freak
    Years
  • [Help workshop] Map help thread

Well, it's one of those problems where the screen goes blank. My save type is Flash 128k.
    Big problem, so I need it fixed.

Exon

Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Haven't attempted to do any hacking since my ...erhm... abandonded ...erhm... attempt to re-do the RSE games.

Still working on basic knowledge since I've pretty much forgotten everything, and having a fairly large problem.

When I fly to my starting town and proceed to run to the route that follows it transitions just fine. However, once I attempt to run back into the town, this happens:

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, nor how to fix it.
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I'm having a problem with hacking Pokemon Gold. When taking your very first step from New Bark Town into Route 29, the character disappears and is unable to move. Things like menus still work, however.

The X and Y alignment are fine, the map connections are fine, I don't know what could be wrong. Being new here, I can't post URLs or pictures, so if anyone thinks that they can help and wants a picture, PM me.

Thanks.

Years
  • hi does anyone know how to move buildings around. and how to make new buildings, then do the inside that building. and anyone have the text and mart tool

Years
  • hi does anyone know how to move buildings around. and how to make new buildings, then do the inside that building. and anyone have the text and mart tool

Advance map to edit building, this tool can be found at: https://wahackpokemon.com/es/descarga/herramientas-gba the second download on the list (after elitmap)

Text tool
    Advance text and XSE can be found at:
    https://wahackpokemon.com/es/descarga/herramientas-gba
    Advance text is for begginer text hackers.

XSE is for moderate or advanceed text/script hackers.

Mart tool can be found at:
    https://wahackpokemon.com/es/descarga/herramientas-gba

called Advance-Mart or A-Mart.

A-Mart is a good Mart Editing tool

Note these are GBA Hacking tools.

Last edited:

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    Eh?

I don't really know if this counts as MAP help, but...

Ok, I just finished swapping Red with Gold using Overworld Editor Rebirth and edited some intro text, so my objective was complete, playing as Gold, right? WRONG! Now, when I walk outside into Pallet town, the bottom of my VBA screen blinks red and the ENTIRE screen goes red. Why is this happenning? Please help.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I don't really know if this counts as MAP help, but...

Ok, I just finished swapping Red with Gold using Overworld Editor Rebirth and edited some intro text, so my objective was complete, playing as Gold, right? WRONG! Now, when I walk outside into Pallet town, the bottom of my VBA screen blinks red and the ENTIRE screen goes red. Why is this happenning? Please help.

Sounds like there is a glitch in your ROM file from editing the text, you'll probably need a new one.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
    Years
  • Got a problem. I want to have the Trainer Tower in Pallet Town (FireRed). But the tiles are exclusive to Trainer Tower Map. How can I import those tiles into Pallet Town?

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
    Years
  • So, I'm starting a hack using a rom base from https://www.thepokemonboard.com/showthread.php?t=1302, and I'm having a few issues.

Here, there is a grass tile that goes over the character, and I was wondering how to fix this. Also, the border looks pretty bad, and I was wondering if there was an easy way to fix this.

The building goes over the character here, so its pretty much the same as my previous issue.

Here, only a section of the grass goes over the character.

My biggest problem, however, is that I can't enter doors. I have marked their movement permission as 1, and I have the behavior and background bytes at 69 00 and 00 20 respectively. I'm pretty sure I constructed the warp right, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • So, I'm starting a hack using a rom base from https://www.thepokemonboard.com/showthread.php?t=1302, and I'm having a few issues.

Here, there is a grass tile that goes over the character, and I was wondering how to fix this. Also, the border looks pretty bad, and I was wondering if there was an easy way to fix this.

Open up the block editor in Advance Map, find the tile and change it so it reads: 00 00, 00 20. This will change the tile so that it is covered by the hero.

The border issue is a result of you mapping. if you look down the left side of your map and across the top, you can see that the border is made up of a series of endlessly repeating trees. You have to conform to the border's construction, this will mean moving the large trees at the top of your map to the left/ right one space, while doing the same to the large trees on the left running down, except moving them one space up/ down.
    The little trees won't blend with the large border trees, so it would be best to either remove them or use a tile within the map that shows the little trees going over the base of the large trees.

Remember that you must build your map in line with the the border in mind to ensure that you don't run into any problems like this.

The building goes over the character here, so its pretty much the same as my previous issue.

Same thing as above, but rather than altering the tile you are standing on, do it to the lab tile that is covering your head.

Here, only a section of the grass goes over the character.

Open the tile in the block editor, and you should see two squares underneath the heading 'Down/ Up'. The left side should have the regular grass tile, while the right will have the top half of the grass tile, along with a part of the lab on the bottom. The part which is causing the line is the top half of the grass tile on the right side of the block editor. Change it to the transparent block, which should be tile 00 in the large box below which contains all of the tiles.

My biggest problem, however, is that I can't enter doors. I have marked their movement permission as 1, and I have the behavior and background bytes at 69 00 and 00 20 respectively. I'm pretty sure I constructed the warp right, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Those are the correct settings for the doors to work, so either you've positioned the warps incorrectly or the doors haven't been constructed properly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    error when warping in advanced map

Okay so I didnt qite know if I was to post this problem on this thread or the script thread since I think its kind of a little of both..

So I am using advanced map 1.92 and I am trying to make a warp from viridian forest to a cave wich I have made.. so I am typing in the event number I am going to warp to, the map bank, and the map no. I also do the same on the other warp inside the cave.. I save the game, test it on a GBA emulator but when I am trying to go into the cave the screen is either turning black or giving me the error (unfortunatley I didnt write down the error, abd it seems that it never occurs annymore, although I cant get into the cave) and then turning black..

btw.. I manage to warp to other places, but the error seems to occur only into this cave that I have made for myself..

what have I done wrong and how can I fix this? please :)

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    excuse me,
    please see at a picture, what is causing the problem? (firered 1.0)

I have set the total picture.

--

To theschmizz393
    If you can fix it now, please help me.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back