• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Herlo! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    thanks folks! and yah, ray, i didn't mean for it to be game-like sprite simply because the jynx/electabuzz/magmar evos are quite unnecessary anyway. i just felt like doing some scratch work without drawing. wattsie: sure, feel free.

ok, some more.

Wesul, Bouysel, Floatsel ... respectively. the wesul sprite is from scratch, and (if you couldn't tell already) is bouysel's pre-evo. the bouysel sprite is the official D/P sprite with a palette reduction and some outlining adjustments. the floatsel sprite is a redesigning edit of the original D/P sprite. about 75% of the floatsel redesign is from scratch spriting, but i used the exact same palette.

why i redesigned floatsel? the thing looked rediculous and was obviously why its moveset is ATROCIOUS. it looked too alike to bouysel and looked like it always gets slapped around. so yeah, i'm happy with how it looks *now* ^.^

EDIT: i noticed Floatsel lacked some shading at the bottom of it's body, so yah, i fixed that and a few outlining probs.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think you should use the redesigned floatsel as a floetsel evo or a different bousel evo (If you cange a little of it)

Can I make you a T-Card With your FakeMon?

Here's a Fakemon T-Card- I didn't copy the Fakemon though. Trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samson

Years
    lol hey that actually looks nice!! ^.^ thanks for having an interest in me fakemonsters, but i decline putting that thing in my sig. why? 1: i hate abusing sigs. 2: YOU DIDN'T EVEN CROP THEM ALL OUT!! XDD

seriously tho, use them however you like, dude. i never figured they'd looks so nice on white O_o...

teehees, anyway, here's another fakemonster:

Elagliss, the Skii Pokemon. ability is speed boost (or w/e it's called) and type is Normal/Ice. it has a pre-evo, but it's exclusive for the Chaos Black hack. i'm also thinking of making it an evo... it's moveset is set around the cutesy/Baton Pass strategy.

i have so many things to sprite, now... so overwhelming =/

EDIT: w00terz... i hadn't noticed it until just now, but i have over 100 custom fakemons now!! it's a shame because i still have so many more to sprite ._.

Last edited:

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    Hey Samson would you mind if I were to make a compleat Fakemon Dex for your Fakemon? I think it would be cool, I'll even number them and put the info and the stats and scetch a full anime pic of each.(I'm getting kinda carried away but I really think we could do this!) We will have to work together of course... ^.^

~JBCBlank

Samson

Years
    heya jbc... and no i wouldn't mind, but i wouldn't want to do something like that YET. i still have a lot to sprite, and a good bunch to resprite, so until then, i'm only concerned with spriting them. i'm doing so many things as it is at the moment and doing something that most people would probably just skip over won't be a priority activity in any near future.

anywho, here's some pre-evos:

names are Leckle, Vircalf, and Trotter (respectively). leckle is keckleon's pre-evo. vircalf is tauros/miltank's pre-evo. trotter is stantler's pre-evo. they're all normal type, of course. the only special thing between them is that vircalf has a target design on its forehead, and is described as the "head ram poke".

much more pre-evos and evos to come.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    wow those r like really really nice
    those should be in the game xD

i really like amorswan and occultales it's like real pkmn in the game xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Lol, your edited posts are really funny =P.. My favorite scratch of you is Vircalf, the idea is great.. I also love the pose ^_^

Samson

Years
    thx... and keesz, yah vircalf is one cool fake ^.^

anywho, here's some more:

i'm so unhappy with this set of pre-evo/evos. the drawings look so much better than the sprites, and the shading is just bad. i'd redo them but i don't think it's worth it. anyway, the pre-evo is Mawaid, and the evo is Jypsol. mawaid is a trap poke (moves are astonish, clamp) and jypsol is a seduction poke (moves are meteor mash, shadow punch, curse, metal sound..). so yeah, mawaid is steel while jypsol is steel/ghost.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2007
    Hello Samson. I am admiring your work and i am a big fan. You are very good at "Scratch" sprites. I wish you well!
    Unborn-Lugia

Samson

Years
    umm thanks, but why'd you put quotation marks around scratch? o_O... THEY ARE!! XDD

ok, here's another evo.

Dunspargo, normal/dragon. me likey.

EDIT: another.

Brambory, Steel. skarmory pre-evo.

Last edited:

Samson

Years
    mmk...

Knifish, Qwilfish's Evo.

if you can't tell, it's a Swordfish poke. the spikes on its gill area are actually its gills. it has the same moveset as Qwilfish but learns Poison Tail, Spike Cannon and Acid Defense in addition.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Your sprites are incredible. I bet Satoshi Tajiri would pay to have some of those in the next Pokemon game. Seriously. If someone said they were made by Ken Sugimori I'd believe them. These make my sprites look like something someone pulled out of a clogged toilet pipe. (Not that mine wouldn't anyway. LOL)

Would you tutor me to make better sprites? I'm serious. I like making sprites but I can't, sadly. If you're interested in giving me lessons, PM me.

Samson

Years
    thanks, but even i know that they're quite amateur, which surprises me that so many people want to learn how to sprite them. i really like helping others, but i'm bad at explaining things, and most of the time, just don't have the patience. and besides, as a photoshop junkie of almost 6 years, i truly beleive that people never learn effectively enough through tutorials and the such. it's all about experimentation and comfortability, really... and so, i decided that i'd put in *some* effort of intruction for hopeful spriters:

going into detail would go on forever, and, yet, it still wouldn't mean anything to someone who is trying to learn. these are just the basic steps... all i can really suggest for everyone is just work on it. don't just settle... keep trying at one sprite until you are satisfied, and have learned something. with each sprite, i learn something new, or relearn a previous lesson. for instance, the Illaimant sprite (
    ), i tried so hard to give it an angular flying stance with my outlining that i trapped the position of the body. i kept having to play with the body until it had some *very* small bit of deceny. also, with the shading, i tried to give the head area more dimension with 3 shades of blue, and it just came out looking bad, so i learned that sometimes you can pull main colors off with only 2 true shades.

anywho, back to Illaimant.

it's Bug/Electric. the whole idea is that when illimuse and volbeat evolve, they become independent pokemon with independent movesets. however, when an Illaimant finds itself in trouble, it sends electromagnetic signals to volbeat's evo (which will be Bug/Ground) so that it can protect its natural mate. they make just as good as mates as they evolve because volbeat's evo is not harmed by Illaimant's electric convulsions, and instead, get's a fuzzy little warm feeling inside XD. illimaint will sustain a high sp attack while volbeat's evo will do the same for its own attack stat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Wow, I love it! She's so cool! The tut isn't very detailed but you're right. Scratching isn't something that you can learn from tuts.

Samson

Years
    thx... and i'm glad you agree. most people don't seem to understand that. ^__^

i was finally able to sprite volbeat's evo, Beatote:

it's bug/ground, as previously mentioned, and is defined as the "Protection" poke. basic bug and ground moveset.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    This one's very cool too! I like him.. Your sprites are always very original and the shading and outline is perfect.. Wish I was that good, guess I have to practice some more x3..

Samson

Years
    thx, keesz, i appreciate it ^.^... you will definitely get there the rate you keep working at it. makes me feel good that someone else is making the effort.

well, here's another evo:

Hulkwell, shuckle's evo. bug/rock as well. i'm not too happy with the sprite, but i love the design. it's by far my best.

Last edited:

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
    your spiriting is amazing!
    really!
    I wish I could do stuff from scratch, but unfortunally I can't. This is really great!

Just one thing. I think Brambrory looks like more like a bear/koala than a bird. but maybe it's just me.. oO

anyway, Great gallery!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back